Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI Peter King's latest Mock Draft

drowland

Scouts are comparing Moss to Javon Kearse, who Gregg coached with the Titans. I don't think it's stretch to think GW would like another speed rusher.

Maybe, maybe not.

#1. In 1999 I am sure that Gregggg did not have the say in the draft that he does now. While I'm sure he liked having Kearse I doubt they drafted him because Gregggg wanted him.

#2. Kearse was 6'4" 260lbs coming out of UF. Moss is 6'6" 250lbs right now. That is actually a pretty big difference. The distribution of weight that is.

#3. Andre Carter is our "speed rusher". Aparently we can only have one.

#4. Phillip Daniels, Gregggg thinks he is good.

Like I said before, I would love to get Moss. I just don't think that this team will have two DE under 265lbs. Just my opinion.

6'1"??/ That is generous, and the 315 is much heavier than his playuing weight of 290. He plays high.

If he was 23 would he even be considered??? no.

Tommy Harris was WAAY better in college/

He plays high? It worked for Lawrence Taylor...

Hey, when you're 19, the human body can be negotiated so much. Look at Shaq when he was 19. He looked like a twig compared to what he was in his prime. This kid has a lot of growing to do, which is pretty scary.

And yes Tommy Harris was a freakin' animal and STILL IS. But look at cats like Tom Brady. Tim Couch and Heath Schuler were better than he was in college too.

I dunno, I'm still not sold on Okoye being our guy at #6 when we can trade down...but I will admit he's got potential. He's a smart cookie...he will learn so much in the first few years.

Would love to get Okoye and another d-lineman in this draft. I don't know a lot about Moss. I would rather trade down and get extra picks, but if this scenario played out I would be okay with it. I'm not crazy about trading away picks, but please explain how a first rounder next year is more valuable than a first rounder this year. The draft chart doesn't see it that way. In hindsight, I don't see too many people still complaining about trading a future second for a present third in which we drafted Cooley. I think we would have to give up more for this deal to really happen.

I tried last night to keep myself from jumping on the bandwagon for Calvin Johnson for reasons that great players can be found late in the draft at low cost, plus high picks have been known to flop in the past, plus this is a team game after all.

But I just can't help my self. If Calvin Johnson is as good as every one says and thinks he is then that means he could be the final piece of the puzzle for our offense. I can't help but look at him and see Gary Clark AND Art Monk all rolled into one package. More than that is the fact that this kind of tall high leaping reciever is exactly what a Joe Gibbs offense needs and what he's been desiring since his return. And Joe has had to sit through defensive pick after defensive pick (especially in the first round) since his return so I think it's about high time he got a luxory weapon from his pick for a change.

I'm not big (in fact, I outright cringe) at the thought of trading away next year's picks, especially the 1st. (I can understand doing it for a known player, but that's another matter.)

OTOH, if we come out of round 1 with 2 first-round DLs I ain't exactly gonna cry.

What is the big deal about trading next years first for a first this year? If Jarvis Moss was around at #24 and the Pats were willing to do this trade I would jump all over it.

Does anybody else think that this is a steal? I would bet that we wont get a top ten pick next year. More likely in the 15 range. I dont know how Jarvis Moss would fit into the system, but it cant hurt our pass rush IMO.

Now if we could somehow trade our #6 down to the teens and score a couple later picks along with this:applause::applause:

I don't forsee trading a future 1st round pick for a low first round pick to draft a rookie. We've traded picks in the past to move up, but that was going after one player, not stock piling rookies in the same season. Gibbs and Synder like seasoned vets over rookies, won't be surprised to see the Bears crumble and the Briggs trade happen.

This is tough.

I don't want to trade future picks either.

But boy, if we did end up with Okoye and Moss (the pass rusher we've needed for so long) I would be estatic.

I'd have to agree with you and Redman... For some reason the thought of 2 young studs up front brings me back to having Mann, and Manley just chewing guys up...

And everybody thought King was crazy the year he had us taking C. Rodgers, so who knows...

Archived