Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI Peter King's latest Mock Draft

drowland

Has the Skins taking Okoye at #6 and then trading next year's 1st rd pick to the Pats for #24 to take Jarvis Moss. Interesting.

6 DT Amobi Okoye Louisville Sr. 6-1 315

"Who should I give you guys in my mock draft?" I said to Daniel Snyder on Thursday. "Give us Calvin Johnson," he said with a big smile. OK. Now, sir, you've got to go get it done. If not, don't be shocked at a rekindling of the Lance Briggs deal, or this 19-year-old Louisville

24 DE Jarvis Moss Florida Jr. 6-6 250

TRADE: Dan Snyder can't resist, and the Patriots are perfect partners. Washington deals a first-round pick in 2008 to move into the late first-round area to get a guy they really need -- a defensive end for the future, which they don't have.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/27/mock.part3/index.html

Hmm. That is an interesting take. But if we trade next year's first, and we don't get CJ, I think that would be a dissappointment.

I'm not a huge CJ guy, but I think he's the only player worth putting us into another bad draft situation next year. Other than that, I don't think we should trade anything from next year.

Im not for or against this deal, but if we trade next year's first for a first rounder this year...we don't lose any draft picks. We just move our first rounder up this year. Thats not bad unless we think we will be a loser team next year. There is something to be said for getting a first rounder a year earlier.

As much as I like J. Moss(and think he could be special), he is NOT the kind of DE that Greggggg likes. He is a speed rusher that needs to work on run stopping. Not gonna happen. :2cents:

Scouts are comparing Moss to Javon Kearse, who Gregg coached with the Titans. I don't think it's stretch to think GW would like another speed rusher.

Im not for or against this deal, but if we trade next year's first for a first rounder this year...we don't lose any draft picks. We just move our first rounder up this year. Thats not bad unless we think we will be a loser team next year. There is something to be said for getting a first rounder a year earlier.

Well, what King leaves out is the Skins would probably have to throw in a couple more picks for the Pats to take the deal. Probably this years 5th and next years 3rd. Or maybe a player. Springs? I don't know.

Peter King was just on ESPN XXX radio wit Dan Patrick and said Snyder told him to put CJ for us in the mock draft, that snyder wants to pull the trigger............i can't wait for tomorrow

He's probably pulling a fast one on Peter Queen...as much as that guy has destroyed Monk and written bad articles, Snyder should tell him we're trading with Oakland to draft Amobe Okoye because he's scared the Raiders will take him.

Has the Skins taking Okoye at #6 and then trading next year's 1st rd pick to the Pats for #24 to take Jarvis Moss. Interesting.

[/Quote]

I can live with that. I believe Moss is a better pass rusher than Gaines Adams. Still need a #1 cover corner. But, I'll take Okoye and Moss. That sounds good to me.

6 DT Amobi Okoye Louisville Sr. 6-1 315

"Who should I give you guys in my mock draft?" I said to Daniel Snyder on Thursday. "Give us Calvin Johnson," he said with a big smile. OK. Now, sir, you've got to go get it done. If not, don't be shocked at a rekindling of the Lance Briggs deal, or this 19-year-old Louisville

24 DE Jarvis Moss Florida Jr. 6-6 250

TRADE: Dan Snyder can't resist, and the Patriots are perfect partners. Washington deals a first-round pick in 2008 to move into the late first-round area to get a guy they really need -- a defensive end for the future, which they don't have.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/27/mock.part3/index.html

We would come out ahead in that deal. Our first next year is probably only worth a 2nd or so this year as we'd get immediate benefit out of the pick rather than having to wait. Moreover, I happen to believe that this year's team will be much improved over last year's team, and that our pick next year will consequently be far lower in the round than this year's.

I don't know much about Jarvis Moss, but if he's a good prospect at that part of the draft then I wouldn't fight this kind of move.

I have been saying for over month if the skins do not trade down I expect us to trade next years first for a early second, I don't think next years first will worth the 24th, if it is, say see ya later to next years first.

Living here in Orlando, and watching the Gators every Saturday, I'll tell you that Jarvis Moss is a beast. So adding him and Okoye would really do good for our defensive line. On the other side of the topic is giving up next years pick. It won't happen, Joe Gibbs is already stated that he is excited about having a full draft of picks for next year.

We would come out ahead in that deal. Our first next year is probably only worth a 2nd or so this year as we'd get immediate benefit out of the pick rather than having to wait. Moreover, I happen to believe that this year's team will be much improved over last year's team, and that our pick next year will consequently be far lower in the round than this year's.

I don't know much about Jarvis Moss, but if he's a good prospect at that part of the draft then I wouldn't fight this kind of move.

I mentioned it earlier, but the Skins would have to offer more then just their 1st next year to get the #24 pick. It would make no sense for the Pats to take that. So they'd have to throw in at least 1 more pick next year and probably their 5th rd pick this year. Or they could throw a player in the mix.

Agreed I would like to see Johnson, but I would actually expect to see Ben Grubbs in that scenario.

I don't like giving up future picks but I'm not too against that move. However why not just offer the Pats our #6 for both their firsts and a third this year? Pats could use Landry.

Pats don't overpay unproven rookies. Won't happen.

Archived