Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tomorrow - What pick do you NOT want to happen??

d0ublestr0ker0ll

At first I was going to say CJ, because I've been on the side of the fence opposing him from Day 1. However, I got to thinking, and have changed my tune a bit.

If we DID get CJ(not saying I'm big on giving up the future mind you)...but IF we did, imagine what that would do for Campbell. To have a receiver like that opposite of Moss could double his growth as an NFL QB. This of course assuming CJ's talent transfers to the NFL level. While I still say we need to go DL, he could work wonders for Campbell's future. And to be honest, I wouldn't be too upset with that at all.

...but IF we did, imagine what that would do for Campbell. To have a receiver like that opposite of Moss could double his growth as an NFL QB. ...he could work wonders for Campbell's future.

That is what all of us who are for going hard after CJ are thinking!

But as you said also...it is based on the assumption CJ pans out to be close to as good as projected. Which we pro-CJ people believe will happen.

No to the Briggs deal. No to staying at #6 and picking Landry. (Wouldn't mind if we moved down and he was still available). I just feel his talent doesn't warrant that high of a pick. He's not Sean Taylor. Safetys shouldn't be drafted that early unless they are really rare talents like Taylor.

I hope we dont take Landry. That would be too much money tied up in our safeties. It would also lessen the chance of us re-signing Taylor to a new contract down the road. When the time came around, we might toss Taylor under the bus because we have Landry. Id rather have Taylor, Fox, PP, and Stoutmire back there, and Amobi Okoye up front. We need to address the D-lline.

That is what all of us who are for going hard after CJ are thinking!

But as you said also...it is based on the assumption CJ pans out to be close to as good as projected. Which we pro-CJ people believe will happen.

Manning and Harrison, as talented as they are, were an entertaining sideshow for years. That team finally won a SB after it took care of both sides of the trenches.

Landry at #6. Okoye at #6 means we did not find anybody to trade with. Okoye means we are looking toward the future and getting a smart player with good character.

Anybody else at any point means we traded down and got more picks to build the future.

CJ means we went for an immediate impact player with incredible physical attributes. I don't want him if it means giving up more than a player, our 1st, and a late rounder though. So that probably won't happen.

Landry means we tried to improve an important side of the ball but took the flashy player at a position of lower importance and would be a bad move for the future. Landry may have the most immediate impact but it won't be enough of an impact and would have major ramifications for the future.

Gaines Adams. We shouldn't spend a #6 pick on a guy who everybody calls a "3rd-down pass rusher".

I wouldn't be too pleased with getting Landry either. We don't need him. He will not make any improvement on defense from where our needs are.

Branch at #6 would be horrible. The latest Mock Drafts have him down to like #22 in the first round.

1. Trade for Briggs.

2. Don't pick a DT...especially Okoye.

3. Trade up for Calvin Johnson then trade him to the Broncos because we can't afford him.

4. Trade down for anything less than a 1st and 2nd round pick this year and at least a 2nd next year or a DT.

5. That we trade anything. We are the worst at trading.

Gaines Adams. We shouldn't spend a #6 pick on a guy who everybody calls a "3rd-down pass rusher".

I wouldn't be too pleased with getting Landry either. We don't need him. He will not make any improvement on defense from where our needs are.

Branch at #6 would be horrible. The latest Mock Drafts have him down to like #22 in the first round.

thats why we trade down and get him. ive seen branch anywhere from top 11 to past 23. no one has a clue whats going on with him.

As much as I'd love to see CJ in a Skins uniform, I have to say we shouldn't go for him since we'd have to give up so much. Landry is a bad idea too, IMO, since he doesn't address any glaring need and our D line keeps getting older and more injury prone. I won't even give merit to Russell or Quinn because I simply can't imagine us going after a QB with our 6th.

Oh...and NO to the Briggs deal. :doh:

Archived