Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who do you want if we stay at #6?

jayneal7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm starting to jump on the Jamal Anderson band wagon again, despite the fact he didn't have steller combine numbers, he still has alot of upside and potential based on his size, strength, and seemingly nonstop motor based on what I've seen in him. But I still feel we need to trade down and obtain a 2nd rounder, possibly a 3rd as well, so we can draft a DT and a DE.

I just found a real sleeper if we can trade down. Jarvis Moss DE (Fla) is gonna be a great one in this league. Even though I live in Florida, I've never been high on the gators, but I just saw the highlights on him. Wow, he's got good speed to go with a frame that is a bit light because he was recovering from a staph infection, and a non-stop motor, which is a must for me.

I also discovered another stud DT, one of Moss' team mates. He probably has more true ability than any of the top DT in this draft, but he has some negative baggage also. It turns out his stock has dropped because he got in some kind of trouble and was booted off the team. This same type of thing happened to Lavernious Coles not too long ago, in the Seminoles camp. He ended up slipping down to the 3rd round. I'm talking about Marcus Thomas DT (Fla). If you can, try to watch some film on these two guys.

I really hope we can trade down, because there's a ton of value hidden underneath the hoopla. If we can add a 2nd and 3rd rounder, that would be awesome. Take Moss in late teens or even twenties, get a OG in the 2nd, and then take a chance with Marcus Thomas in the third. We would be set!!!

But if we can't move down, I'd be all over Okoye. Anderson looks like he'll be pretty good, but he's real raw yet.

I've seen the mood swing from player to player and back again over the last month. Now we're down to crunch time. Assuming the Skins find no suitable partners to trade down with and are forced to either draft at #6 or trade the farm to move up to #1 or #2, what would you do with our pick on Saturday?

If we stayed @ 6, we basically couldn't go wrong with anyone that we take at that position.

I am shocked this many people want us to draft a safety with our only day 1 choice. Did you guys actually watch any games last year? That was honestly the worst defensive line play I've ever watched in my life. Landry will probably improve the defense, but at the cost of a young stud on our d-line? Just makes no sense to me. I'd be thrilled with any of the d-lineman on the list - especially if we pulled off a trade down or 2. But what difference will a safety make if we can't pressure the QB? :insane:

I am shocked this many people want us to draft a safety with our only day 1 choice. Did you guys actually watch any games last year? That was honestly the worst defensive line play I've ever watched in my life. Landry will probably improve the defense, but at the cost of a young stud on our d-line? Just makes no sense to me. I'd be thrilled with any of the d-lineman on the list - especially if we pulled off a trade down or 2. But what difference will a safety make if we can't pressure the QB? :insane:

These are just opinions we are all offering. I think the FO is content with the offseason acquisitions that were made to sure up the CB depth and MLB was huge cause that is like the QB of the D. You fail to see that safeties do have a big part in pressuring the QB in GW's defense. When all is right with the front 7, he loves to bring a safety to pressure the QB which I'm sure you saw Landry is very good at doing in this highlight tapes. But this strategy involves leaving you CBs on an island and basically we were unable to do that with Spring's injury and the lack of talent we had after him. (i.e. Wright, Jimoh, Rogers (I think he will get it done this year though but if not, we got Smoooot) and Rumph). Frankly, GW didn't have the personnel to do what he wanted last year. GW does not ask his DL to be sack masters, he wants them to hold the OL up at the point of attack so his LBs can roam free to tackle. This didn't happen and Marshall and Holdman were consistently swallowed up by opposing OLs. I agree that we need help on our DL but if stuck at No. 6 there is nobody in this draft worth 20 million guaranteed. I don't see a John Henderson-type in this draft. If we trade down then I hope they can get Branch because he is that 2-Gap DT that we need and NFL ready. His only knock is his motor but it was recently revealed that he play 80-85% of the plays on D for Michigan. Most DTs are not asked to play that much and it is understand that the 330lber got tired on occasion. Okoye is another 1-Gap DT like Griff and Golston.

agree. I think my favorite draft scenario has us trading down with Atlanta or (and:) Miami. Adding a 2nd and maybe a third as well and drafting Branch or Anderson - in that order.

2nd rd I'd like to see Harrell, Moss, or Grubbs

3rd rd Give me Josh Wilson and I can go play tennis the rest of the weekend happy as a clam. :2cents:

agree. I think my favorite draft scenario has us trading down with Atlanta or (and:) Miami. Adding a 2nd and maybe a third as well and drafting Branch or Anderson - in that order.

2nd rd I'd like to see Harrell, Moss, or Grubbs

3rd rd Give me Josh Wilson and I can go play tennis the rest of the weekend happy as a clam. :2cents:

I don't think "trade down" was an option on this thread... You may be reading too many threads at once! :)

I'm starting to jump on the Jamal Anderson band wagon again, despite the fact he didn't have steller combine numbers, he still has alot of upside and potential based on his size, strength, and seemingly nonstop motor based on what I've seen in him. But I still feel we need to trade down and obtain a 2nd rounder, possibly a 3rd as well, so we can draft a DT and a DE.

While Landry looks like a great playmaker, any DB will look even better with a great front 7. It all starts at the line people.

I agree with you about going after Anderson, but I really wish this myth about him not having a good workout would go the way of the Dodo. Peppers had an almost identical workout. No, I'm not saying he is necessarily the next Peppers. But they are the same size and play the same position. Did Adams have a bad workout? Anderson had the same times as him in the 10 and 20 yard dash, and beat him in the 20 yard shuttle, and 3 cone drill with 30 extra lbs on his frame. Yes Adams beat him in the 40, which is what everyone focuses on...even though it is almost irrelevant to the position.

Branch - I think he's getting smeared for a reason - he's a house. Griffin and Carter would kick butt next to this beast!

Great insight and you are right on the money. Who determines the players that rise and fall?

The media and they are the ones trying to determined who is a PC candidate who will kiss up to them.

Branch is being punished because he could be drafted by the Skins.

I can't vote. But if we were drafting at number 6, I'd say Landry is the most value if not consering any other player we have on the team, and just the pick alone. He'll be a pro bowler.

But there's a chance he could be less than what we need in coverage at that position, and we need d-line help. So I'm going to say Amobi Okoye since I think he'll help our entire defense be that much better as he'll free every one up to do their job, including the DEs as they'll have less blockers to fight off. Plus he'll improve fast (great work ethic) and be a versitile DT who can collapse the pocket, put pressure on the QB, as well as eat up blockers. He will only grow bigger too at the young physically immature age he currently is. 3 years from now he will be 10 times better than he is at the moment.

I think drafting him would be at better value if we did it around the 9th pick or so though.

Wow - Landry is in the lead. What a waste. Not much a safety can do when a quarterback has 10 seconds to throw the ball.

Yeah. I don't get why people think Landry is going to do much when our line is so bad. I wouldn't be surprised if ST made a decision to leave the team as soon as he could if this happens. First Arch comes in last season getting paid tons more money, then this year they bring in another guy who will require a ton of money? And why is it that people seem to think he will compliment taylor so well? He is a Taylor-like player. Taylor lite, I guess. You don't need or want two STs back there. Right now Taylor needs someone smart and experienced next to him; remember how we all howled about him being affected by Clark leaving? Now you all suddenly think a rookie is going to come in to the NFL, learn a new and complicated defense and then immediately become an experienced leader in it to where Taylor is free to roam? Good grief.

:doh:

Archived