Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andy Barker, P.I. (Cancelled)

PokerPacker

ok guys, i've never asked this board to help me with a cause before, but its time that i ask your help in saving Andy Barker, P.I. It is a genius show, written by Conan O'Brien. if you haven't watched an episode, there's a couple of them here. I'm asking everyone to sign up for the NBC board and beg them to give the show a second chance. here's the thread i posted in: http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=743788&st=0 (my SN on NBC is "Andy Barker P.I.")

I'm sending out an SOS- Save Our Show.

please help. :(

I caught most of one episode, the one where the chicken conglomerate was supplying bad chicken to the smaller customers.

The show captured Richter's quirky, offbeat sense of humor. I think it would have been a good vehicle for him, and it would have been a good show if allowed to grow. Too bad.

Richter is hilarious. I didn't see this show, but the last one he did was fracking hilarious as well.

Damn, how does a show fail with the lineup they had surrounding it? The Office, My Name is Earl, and Scrubs.

Well, they have Scrubs, which is definitely a deterrent. :silly:

I've really enjoyed the show; I've watched all the episodes online as re-runs. Andy Richter is very funny -- and I really enjoyed the characters.

That being said, I'm not a bit surprised this show got canceled. It plays to a very small audience. That audience includes me - enthusiastically -- but I'm not surprised at its cancellation.

I've really enjoyed the show; I've watched all the episodes online as re-runs. Andy Richter is very funny -- and I really enjoyed the characters.

That being said, I'm not a bit surprised this show got canceled. It plays to a very small audience. That audience includes me - enthusiastically -- but I'm not surprised at its cancellation.

small audience? it only had a small audience because it wasn't marketed well at all. you have me, age 17, watching it; you have my brother, age 20, watching it; and you have my dad, age 55, watching it.

Wow, they canceled it before I even got around to watch an episode.

Well looks like they put it on a short leash. They put it in the time slot when the thrusday night lineup was running reruns. As soon as the new epsiodes aired they put him on the Sat. night lineup. No chance for that type of show on the weekends. Their target audience is out in the streets and not at home.

Seems like a skit comedy based on the first 5 minutes alone.

Good Luck with your cause. Personally I think most must have thought it was bad for people to not tune in during that lineup.

Its gets 1 star based on the first episode, and thats only because of the chick.

I think it's honestly time for Andy Richter to consider returning to the Late Show before Conan goes to the Tonight Show and is too busy to throw him a bone.

conan will always have time for andy. if he didn't, he wouldn't have been the executive producer of the show in question.

Archived