Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Make the NBA better!

Spaceman Spiff

Personally, I'd like to see some changes that encourage more defense in the NBA. I'd also like to see season shortened, without reducing the number of games. Playoffs do take too long; get rid of the 7 game formats in the earlier rounds. Call traveling.

That is all.

Early entry has ruined both the NCAA and the NBA.

Back in the day, seniors Sam Perkins, James Worthy along w/ MJ - type teams won Championships....beating Buck Williams, Albert King & Ernie Graham -type teams. Centers Patrick Ewing, Ralph Sampson, Sam Bowie, Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton....all stayed in school for 4 years and matured as players.

The teams that have won the NCAA's in the last decade couldn't touch those teams.

The NBA, as a result, is now watered down with kids who should still be in college....imagine LeBron and Carmelo as seniors. And the fans have trouble relating to players they don't know, but would know intimately if the players had gone to school for 4 years.

Both are watered down versions of what used to be.

Early entry has ruined both the NCAA and the NBA.

Back in the day, seniors Sam Perkins, James Worthy along w/ MJ - type teams won Championships....beating Buck Williams, Albert King & Ernie Graham -type teams. Centers Patrick Ewing, Ralph Sampson, Sam Bowie, Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton....all stayed in school for 4 years and matured as players.

The teams that have won the NCAA's in the last decade couldn't touch those teams.

The NBA, as a result, is now watered down with kids who should still be in college....imagine LeBron and Carmelo as seniors. And the fans have trouble relating to players they don't know, but would know intimately if the players had gone to school for 4 years.

Both are watered down versions of what used to be.

I think this is the winner.

NBA needs to extend the sidelines about 2 feet on each side. Sounds stupid, but I think it would open up the game a bit.

Also need to dump the circle under the basket. Not being able to draw a charge under the basket is ridiculous. You end up with a procession of little guys shooting free throws all game. Really jacks up the flow. Keep the 3 second calls, but ditch the circle.

Absolutely not. Opening up the court just turns the NBA into FIBA.

As for the circle, well, how can anyone score? Just put two defenders under the basket and no one will be able to go near the rim.

Dude, you only named 2, and 1 of them averages ONE block per game. :doh:

sorry if you don know any nba history, but mutombo is one of the best shot blockers in nba history and currently camby leads the nba.. do u actually need me to list the # of big men who can affect the game by blocking shots like jermaine o'neal, ben wallace, dalembert, alonzo, okafor and a # of others

Megared hit the nail on the head when he said to call travelling (as well as palming/carrying). If these guys are as talented as they are supposed to be then they should be able to dribble/drive without taking 6 steps. Otherwise you might as well just eliminate dribbling altogether.

Archived