Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Make the NBA better!

Spaceman Spiff

I used to be really into the NBA and never paid attention to college basketball. I still watch the NBA a lot (Wizards) but for the 2nd year in a row after paying close attention to the NCAA tourney...I feel myself not caring as much about the NBA at this time of the year. The onset of the MLB season doesn't help, either.

NCAA basketball is way more exciting and more fun to watch. After watching the tournament I can't get as excited about the NBA season right now. And the Curse of Les Boulez isn't helping, admittedly.

So how would you make the NBA better?

I, for one, would make the playoffs a lot shorter. Actually, I'd adapt the NCAA tournament setup. Lose one, you're out. I think those games would be a lot more fun to watch.

Of course the NBA wouldn't like it because the playoffs take a long ass time and they can stretch it all out. However if each team played two games each weekend and hyped it up during the week I think it could work.

IMO, baseball is the only sport that should have a series setup for the playoffs because that aligns with how the sport is actually played. NBA doesn't have any series during the season so why switch during the playoffs?

The Wizards season is in the dumps....and i feel the same as the threadstarter.

I just have no passion now. Its obvious the Wizards will get swept 4-0 by whoever they play in the first round...no doubt.

My passion for basketball has run out on this season after Gtown lost and the Wizards season has now moved to the emergency room.

They need to shorten the season to about 60 regular season games (which is twice as long as college) and bring back the 5 game format for 1st round playoff games. With half the league making the playoffs the regular season drags on with an 82 game schedule...after about 60 games we know where everyone stands. TOO MUCH NBA isnt a good thing i dont care who your favorite team is.

Personally....I really don't care about the NBA anymore...NCAA is so much more entertaining to me so that's not even a thought...

It's the way the game is played...Obviously today's stars love to play but they lack the passion and the love for the history of the game....the majority of them are self centered egotistical jack@$$es The emphasis is on ME not the team. Look at Kobe and Iverson.....throwing up 40 shots a game....Did Bird or Magic do that night after night?? And the only 2 stars today that I really see giving up their body to make plays (like Worthy, Rodman, Barkley etc.) are Iverson and D-Wade.

Read something interesting that I totally agreed with yesterday (Wilbon Chat on wp.com) that the NBA season should be cut to 60 games followed by the first 2 Rounds of the playoffs being 5 game series (hell I would even change the first two rounds to a 3 game series). The season is just too long...but the owners will have nothing to do with cutting 22 games.

That's what I think

ncaa bball blows.. watered down competition and guys cant even make free throws.... guys in college cant make open shots where in the nba, guys will shoot u to death.. the playoffs are set up fine for the nba..i used to like 5 game series in the first round but it will do. IF you love the nba, then u watch the playoffs since its the most exciting time of the year.

Read something interesting that I totally agreed with yesterday (Wilbon Chat on wp.com) that the NBA season should be cut to 60 games followed by the first 2 Rounds of the playoffs being 5 game series (hell I would even change the first two rounds to a 3 game series). The season is just too long...but the owners will have nothing to do with cutting 22 games.

That's what I think

I also think that a reduction in regular season games is a good idea.

It's a pretty common position espoused on this board when the NBA is discussed.

So, what is a thug in the context that you use the term. And how does it differ in basketball as opposed to, say, football?

the nba is nothing compared to the nfl.. besides the jackson and other small incidents, the nfl has an incident every single month

It's a pretty common position espoused on this board when the NBA is discussed.

So, what is a thug in the context that you use the term. And how does it differ in basketball as opposed to, say, football?

I was joking because of the espousing you mentioned.

I would love to see a best out of three in the paloffs. This best of 5 and 7 ain't cutting it. We also need to see more Gilbert Arenas' in the league. People that can laugh at themselves and be fun to watch would really bolster the image of the NBA.

Oh and btw, the Wizards are going deep. Arenas will be back for the finals. Tough Juice will be back when we rape the pistons in the 2nd.

Sorry if I read you wrong.

It's cool - every NBA thread turns into the thug debate. Just figured I'd get it out of the way. Though, I don't know why you thought I would think they were all thugs... I mean, the white players seem like nice guys. :)

I also think that a reduction in regular season games is a good idea.

That would be it for me. I love the NBA playoffs in their current form but, just as in hockey (whose playoffs I also love), the regular season is just too long and that causes the games to have less consequence and meaning. That also means that the players don't take the regular season as seriously so you don't see the "real" basketball until late season and playoffs.

I would love to see a best out of three in the paloffs. This best of 5 and 7 ain't cutting it. We also need to see my Gilbert Arenas in the league. People that can laugh at themselves and be fun to watch.

Oh and btw, the Wizards are going deep. Arenas will be back for the finals. Tough Juice will be back when we rape the pistons in the 2nd.

There is no best of 5 anymore.

As far as your last point I have three words for you:

puff, puff, pass ;)

There is no best of 5 anymore.

I feel like an idiot :(

As far as your last point I have three words for you:

puff, puff, pass ;)

Just watch. Jamison will averag 40ppg 10 boars 8 assists 3 steals and he will just be getting warm :D

Archived