Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CJ...Honest answers only

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

All I've got to say is, tell me how many franchise WRs there have been in the NFL. Let's count together.... One............

:munchout:

Hmmmm.....that was it. ONE!

How many WRs taken in the top 5 have actually done anything? You just don't, simply don't, trade UP into the top 5 for a WR. Good and great ones can be had all over the draft. IF you have a competent GM and scouting department.

So no, I don't want to move up to draft CJ. IF he falls to 6, then fine, grab him and hope for the best.

H

My wife is a GT alum so I've seen him play in person a couple of times and on TV several more times. Most recently in person, I watched him help Tech squeak by my Terps :mad:

From what I've seen, he's the real deal. However, I still voted to NOT draft him because our top priority lies (at least it should anyway) on the DL.

You had a good idea with the poll. However, it ended up telling you very little (at least as of now) as all four groups you listed are split about evenly.

All I've got to say is, tell me how many franchise WRs there have been in the NFL. Let's count together.... One............

Hmmmm.....that was it. ONE!

How many WRs taken in the top 5 have actually done anything? You just don't, simply don't, trade UP into the top 5 for a WR. Good and great ones can be had all over the draft. IF you have a competent GM and scouting department.

So no, I don't want to move up to draft CJ. IF he falls to 6, then fine, grab him and hope for the best.

H

the worst part is if they had a top five worst top five selections of wide recievers the redskins would have two of them

I saw 6 GT games last year.

The worst moment of CJ was when he played my school (MD) and he fumbled. Besides that, he basically did what he wanted, when he wanted.

If you ask me, the most amazing part of CJ is that he put up all those numbers with a half-retarded QB (Reggie Ball).

Hell, when Ball got suspended for the bowl game against WVU, the entire offense and CJ's production went up drastically with the friggin back-up QB who didn't throw a pass all year just about!

CJ is a beast. Pair him with Campbell's arm and Moss on the otherside, and defenses are going to get burned.

I highly doubt he'll last past #2.

We don't have the picks to give up to move that high. And frankly, I still feel that we need some Dline needs before CJ.

Now if he somehow is still at 5 or 6 I say we try to get him, but I'm on the Okoye boat right now (plus a trade down for picks) and feel that we need to address DL or OL (if Thomas is still around) than CJ.

Interesting, but unfortunately the poll both proves nothing(as the numbers are not as screwed as you would have hoped), and you fail to show why watching the GT games should make one more of an authority on whether we should trade up for a player.

I do not base any of my decision about CJ on how good he is. Because I have not seen him play and only have the word of others to go with, I am of the opinion he is an amazing reciever. But hes a reciever we would have to trade up for, and he is at a position that is not important to us by any stretch of the imagination. We have brought in 4 new recievers over the past several years, and id rather not just keep bringing them in.

I have watched probably a dozen or so GT games the past 3 years

I do NOT want to trade up for CJ because of the cost to do so

However if he falls in our lap, I would seriously consider drafting him

I too have seen him at least 10-12 times, and while he is a great player, I do not think it would be wise for us to deal up for him.

WR is a solid position for us, and we have other holes that we need to fill first. I know it is popular to talk about how bad Lloyd was last year, but this just in, our whole offense sucked last year. Neither Lloyd, Moss or Randle El put up good numbers last year, but a lot of that can be attributed to our QB issues. Now that is straight, everyone, including Lloyd, will have a better '07. Book it.

Draft something on defense (Anderson, Branch or Okoye preferably) or trade down if CJ falls in our laps. I know that will not be an easy decision, but I think it is the best thing to do for this team right now.

I really like CJ and I think he is going to have a good NFL career, but he just is not the right piece for the Skins at this point.

whats up with this obsession with the 3 games last year in your Pole, Heck I watched probably 4 N.D. games and at least 5 Cal Bear games.... Saw some monsterous hits in those games. So now maybe I'm thinking we need a TON of those guys too...

Ding, ding ding! Logic!

Yes, there have been far more failures with highly picked wide receivers in the NFL draft than successes. I know CJ looks like a special player, but so did David Boston and JJ Stokes.

I wouldn't take CJ this early in the draft. History shows too many busts on the first round for WR's. IMO. I would take a look at Sydney Rice from SC. Later round, a little lighter but same type of receiver, 6'4 185 lbs. We can get him a lot lower in the draft. And yes, I have seen both play. I watch a lot of ACC football.

I wouldn't take CJ this early in the draft. History shows too many busts on the first round for WR's. IMO. I would take a look at Sydney Rice from SC. Later round, a little lighter but same type of receiver, 6'4 185 lbs. We can get him a lot lower in the draft. And yes, I have seen both play. I watch a lot of ACC football.

I really like Rice, but he is going to go in the early-to-mid second round from what I am hearing. Unless we can pick up a pick somehow, he won't be in the burgundy and gold.

Maybe a better poll would be to ask: What current superstar on our team are you willing to give up for Calvin Johnson?

The Raiders with the top pick, certainly aren't going to accept "future draft picks" for their top spot. They need to win and sell tickets THIS season, they sure aren't going to find a "star player" in the 6 spot.....and they aren't going to pass up on Russell, a potential franchise QB....for JC. Sorry, that is the truth.

Tampa Bay, also ahead of us, has already done everything but promised fans here in Florida that they will deliver CJ to the franchise. They just signed Jeff Garcia, and they need a wide receiver. They too, aren't going to get crap at 6...and aren't willing to wait another year for our 1st choice in next years draft.

They have plenty of cash....and an owner willing to spend whatever it takes to secure him.

So....the only hope we have is to trade the only "star" we have on our entire team....Clinton Portis. I know the fans have a huge man crush on Portis, and he is one of the most popular skins. This seems to be the only realistic chance we would have of obtaining CJ.

:logo:

GT is my favorite college team, has been since my Dad tought there in the early 80's. I watch every game that is televised and have made more than my fair share of trips to bars with college football TV packages.

Calvin Johnson has HOF qualities-- athletic and intellectual. He works his tail off, respects the game, and is an A+ character guy.

All thought we don't have a need at the WR position I feel he is the best player in this draft and will be a superstar for whichever team drafts him. There isn't a player in this draft with his potential.

Archived