Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com poll

lavar1156

Are you surprised we are picked to finish last? Would you actually be surprised if we finished last? You arent being honest with yourself if you answer "yes" to either of those questions. However, I wouldnt be surprised if we finished first either.

That seems more like a popularity poll than a performance poll.

Look the Skins have a better-than-decent running game, decent receiving, and at least an average kicking game.

So, we're slightly thin in the secondary and "old-and-battered" at D-line; this can be taken care of, fairly effectively, in the draft.

Our special teams are decent. Our coaching has all the credentials.

Our biggest question is at QB! As Campbell goes, so will our season go. Sadly, I'm not convinced about Campbell -- but I think Betts/Portis/Sellers and Cooley will be his guardian angels.

Assuming Washington meets its needs through the draft, free agency, or the waiver wire --- I see it coming down to a three-way dogfight for first in the NFC, with the Giants slipping to the cellar. Strangely, I see the Skins getting hot at the end of the season as Campbell matures and Lloyd remembers how to play on a team.

Last year in the same poll the Saints were picked last in their division...the Eagles were picked last in the NFCE...the Steelers were picked 1st in their division...the list goes on and on...

Just like Chris Berman says..."That's why they play the games."

Archived