Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Briggs in a nutshell.

Art

LOL, are you serious? I'm not sure I can believe that.

Honest....I just heard Glazer's words on the radio coming home from work. Glazer's voice sounded like he could not believe the offer was made right in front of his face.

So the offer is REAL, folks. Deal with it....this is no rumor from Rosenhaus. The question is will the Bears deal?

Inquiring minds want to know........ :D

Honest....I just heard Glazer's words on the radio coming home from work. Glazer's voice sounded like he could not believe the offer was made right in front of his face.

So the offer is REAL, folks. Deal with it....this is no rumor from Rosenhaus. The question is will the Bears deal?

Inquiring minds want to know........ :D

Its LIES. LOL. Unless Snyder was drunk. No owner will make a deal in front of the leading gossip/ newbreaking guy.

Its just to drum up interest in the 6th pick from other teams. So they can trade down or up.

Glazer heard it and he reported it as a real deal.....not a wink and a laugh conversation.

I'm familiar with every person who works for the Chicago Bears. I can't find Drew Rosenhaus. Can you tell me his title? Look, Snyder is clearly giving Drew ammunition to use for other teams. "Hey, the Skins would have given the sixth pick, come on, what do you want to go with."

Though, again, Snyder telling anything to Rosenhaus is not an offer to anyone for anything because Rosenhaus is only the guy who can hear and effect monetary offers for his client and nothing else.

I'm familiar with every person who works for the Chicago Bears. I can't find Drew Rosenhaus. Can you tell me his title? Look, Snyder is clearly giving Drew ammunition to use for other teams. "Hey, the Skins would have given the sixth pick, come on, what do you want to go with."

Though, again, Snyder telling anything to Rosenhaus is not an offer to anyone for anything because Rosenhaus is only the guy who can hear and effect monetary offers for his client and nothing else.

This is silly Art. I know these guys believe it on a message board because they hate Snyder. But why would Jay Glazer believe this?

Glazer heard it and he reported it as a real deal.....not a wink and a laugh conversation.

Yes, but doesn't the timing of that conversation seem suspicious to you? Danny would know that the whole world would know about the proposal within a short while of him saying it. I think he's either being shrewd or he's messing with Glazer for some reason.

This is silly Art. I know these guys believe it on a message board because they hate Snyder. But why would Jay Glazer believe this?

All journalists live to break big stories...and lets face it he may be a good sports journalist but he ain't Bob Woodward...

I don't believe Glazer does. He disclaims the trade at the end giving all the reasons it might not happen, and no where in his article does he suggest Snyder offered such a comment as he specifically says when asked about such a trade, Snyder said we'd be interested in Briggs. I don't actually believe it happened, because I don't believe Snyder does enough with the media even if Glazer is the chosen leak :). But, if it did happen, it's a way to help Rosenhaus for a favor in return.

Yes, but doesn't the timing of that conversation seem suspicious to you? Danny would know that the whole world would know about the proposal within a short while of him saying it. I think he's either being shrewd or he's messing with Glazer for some reason.

If this happened -- so far only one person confirms hearing it I think -- it's either a favor to Rosenhaus to help him make a deal somewhere, or it's a way to signal to the Bears they could have No. 6, getting them excited about it, and when they call, to tell them they can have it, but we want more than No. 31 and Briggs. Make them dream about the pick and ask for just a little more. Whatever.

But this is more than a typical Rosehaus rumor. Snyder was heard making the offer. That does not make it a "real" offer because nothing formal has "apparently" been offered to the bears. Sure it could be Danny stirring the pot. After all.....we are in the smoke and mirrors month leading up to the draft. Can't trust much of anything anyone says at this point. But to be heard DIRECTLY by a sports media guy making such an offer is sure ads credibility to the rumor.

IF Danny just wanted the rumor out, he could have talked to Rosenhaus quietly and NOT IN FRONT OF GLAZER.

I don't believe everything....frankly very little....that I read these days....but you can't dismiss this story as nothing....like you appear to be doing.

I don't believe Glazer does. He disclaims the trade at the end giving all the reasons it might not happen, and no where in his article does he suggest Snyder offered such a comment as he specifically says when asked about such a trade, Snyder said we'd be interested in Briggs. I don't actually believe it happened, because I don't believe Snyder does enough with the media even if Glazer is the chosen leak :). But, if it did happen, it's a way to help Rosenhaus for a favor in return.

That makes the most sense. Help Rosenhaus for a favor in return. I stopped reading the story when it said he is looking for Gibbs for approval.

Where is he looking for Gibbs. At south beach? At a strip club? Gibbs is always in his office, home or at church. He does not have his cell phone?

I need to stop reading these online articles LOL.

He might not. He sort of throws out a disclaimer on it at the end of the story. Hey it gives him something to write, other than: "Not much new today". Writers write, it is what they do.

If this happened -- so far only one person confirms hearing it I think -- it's either a favor to Rosenhaus to help him make a deal somewhere, or it's a way to signal to the Bears they could have No. 6, getting them excited about it, and when they call, to tell them they can have it, but we want more than No. 31 and Briggs. Make them dream about the pick and ask for just a little more. Whatever.

I have to say I'd be very impressed with our ownership if either of these scenarios proved true. It would signal a subtle but significant shift in how we operate - Daniel Snyder using his own reputation as a free spender and win now at all costs type of owner to either leverage a future cap-friendly deal with Rosenhaus as the back half of a "quid pro quo" or to try and get the Bears to offer something more than just Briggs and the 31st to get to number 6...all while manipulating the same sports journalists who love to put a negative spin on almost any Snyder related story. I'd be extremely impressed.

Sounds like it may have been staged to me. Danny and Drew get on well, and perhaps he was doing him a favor to drum up business for his client.

of course they get along well here is what a convo between them sound like.

Drew: Hey danny i have a client who wants a 5 yr 15 million with 5 garanteed.

Danny: Dont worry Drew you dont have to p[ull my leg Ill fax yopu a contract in the morning for 6 yrs 35 million 12 garanteed

I'm sure fans will do a preemptive strike airing their displeasure if the skins attempt a foolish move like this on local radio.

Anything that looks like the skins front office will not address the glaring weakness which is the defensive line with their first round draft pick is going to draw a negative response from the majority especially when it looks like we are going to overpay for a mouthy me first type of player and at the same time apparently give up on a linebacker after one year which would mean the time has come for a GM to come in gut the scouting department and develope a solid foundation/philosophy which doesnt involve flash and splash.

Been through a few "Briggs" threads. Just wanted to say that I hate this rumor/report. I really will not be happy if he comes here. He can't help us any more than Marshall can at "Will". No way this deal should happen. We'd be idiots to do it. But then again, we've been idiots for going on 15 years now. Hope things really have changed :)

HTTR

:(

Been through a few "Briggs" threads. Just wanted to say that I hate this rumor/report. I really will not be happy if he comes here. He can't help us any more than Marshall can at "Will". No way this deal should happen. We'd be idiots to do it. But then again, we've been idiots for going on 15 years now. Hope things really have changed :)

HTTR

BUT HE HAS 3.5 CAREER SACKS.:doh:

The problem with the trade is that, not only would it mean they gave up completely on McIntosh, but that we are giving up premier picks in order to get a LB.

LB's traditionally are very easy to get in 4-3 schemes. Find an athletic guy who can run, tackle and has some instincts and plug him in at OLB. Those guys can be had in the second, third and even later rounds.

Look at 4-3 teams and how many pick DL round 1 instead of LB. It's simply more difficult to find good talent outside of round 1 on the DL than it is at LB. How many LB's that are taken by 4-3 teams are even taken in the first round? The occasional Vilma or Urlacher... but not nearly as many as DL.

Just like when we paid all the money to Lavar instead of Champ. I said it then that LB's are much easier to find than CB's. I was right about which one we should've kept then and I'll be right on this one too, I'd bet.

Please, please don't make this trade. :doh:

Archived