Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiper Q & A Redskins

Skinsinparadise

Chris: With Arch being shipped out of DC, do you see the Skins taking Landry? If not, then who would you take?

sn2.gifMel Kiper: No. The Redskins are going to be looking at DE or DT. That's their primary need area. This is typical of the Redskins, they're active in free agency. I say sometimes too active, but this year they've been a little smarter in free agency. London Fletcher-Baker was a good signing for them. He made a lot of sense for the Redskins to sign. That was their key signing. The problem with the Redskins is that they don't have a 2, 3 or 4. They gave up three starters that they could have drafted. Now everyone knows that they want to move down off of No. 6. But they have to pick a DE - either Adams or Anderson.

I sure hope we manage to trade down...

That is my hope too. I have a feeling that we may end trading up and then we are left with more problems. I hope I am wrong and Mel is right. Then again as was said before, Mel knows the players but seems to have no clue as to what may happen on draft day.

:doh:

Has anyone actually compared his mock drafts to what actually happens? How accurate is he, or is he just a product of ESPN talking him up?
:doh:

I think it is a product of ESPN Talking him up. He picks all these great athletes, a lot of upside, impact player, can't miss players and half of them are bums and are sitting on a teams bench or no longer in the league.

Tons of hot air and tons of smooching up get them both praise from ESPN, even though neither one has tons of substance.

Mel has better hair than Dick, though.

Mel's hair is certainly much better, it's not really fair though considering Dicky V. barely has any.

Mel knows what he is talking about and is not a product of the ESPN bullcrap. He does, however, miss on a lot of what teams will pick and when. His best asset is he knows all of the obscure/late round players and gives great info on those guys. That is his forte'.

Chris: With Arch being shipped out of DC, do you see the Skins taking Landry? If not, then who would you take?

sn2.gifMel Kiper: No. The Redskins are going to be looking at DE or DT. That's their primary need area. This is typical of the Redskins, they're active in free agency. I say sometimes too active, but this year they've been a little smarter in free agency. London Fletcher-Baker was a good signing for them. He made a lot of sense for the Redskins to sign. That was their key signing. The problem with the Redskins is that they don't have a 2, 3 or 4. They gave up three starters that they could have drafted. Now everyone knows that they want to move down off of No. 6. But they have to pick a DE - either Adams or Anderson.

He makes these sentances sound as tho every 2, 3, 4 draft pick is a starter :doh: . A bit of flair for the dramatic, no?

Has anyone actually compared his mock drafts to what actually happens? How accurate is he, or is he just a product of ESPN talking him up?

Gregg Easterbrook used to comment on him all the time - he would say one thing in his columns or on Sportscenter, like "Team A definitely needs to go CB; it is their biggest need. If Team A goes LB, they are idiots." Then on draft day when Team A goes LB, he might say something like "Team A is very smart, taking a LB. It addresses a need, and this LB is super talented."

They are not getting a DT or DE. MARK IT DOWN . 100 PERCENT.

They are keeping Wynn and Daniels. Plus they still have the rest of the crew.

Calvin Johnson will be traded up for. Gibbs basiclly said they are done with defense in the washingtontimes article. They felt last year was a fluke.

They added depth at corner. They will have two new starters at linebacker. And will probaly sign a free starting safety.

They have to adress the piss poor passing game. A passing game that had its number 2 WR catch 0 touchdowns. The worst in the NFL.

Bottom line if they do not add a real threat to the offense they will have to win 17-13 games once again.

That is not going to get you to a super bowl in the NFL. Either will a rookie DE.

The DT thing is a joke . They have Big Griff and Joe Salvalia, along with a young pup.

In respect to DE they feel Carter was getting better at the end of the year. Along with Daniels and Wynn for depth.

Calvin Johnson is the only move that makes sense unless they think Adams or Anderson is can't miss. But according to reports they were down on Adams.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but once Campbell got chemistry, our last 2 games he put up 31 (i think im wrong) vs the rams, and 28 (i think) vs the g-men...

PLEASE JOE, DO NOT TOUCH THE OFFENSE! JAMAAL ANDERSON IS GOLD....GOLD JOEY, GOLD!

Mel is a hardcore Ravens fan. And no team in the NFL has 3 rookies starting year 1. Unless they are rebuilding.

Also the second is gone because of Rocky. So he will be a starter. The third was a terrible trade for Duckette. And the 4th can be traded up for two 5th round picks.

So he is just a hater.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but once Campbell got chemistry, our last 2 games he put up 31 (i think im wrong) vs the rams, and 28 (i think) vs the g-men...

PLEASE JOE, DO NOT TOUCH THE OFFENSE! JAMAAL ANDERSON IS GOLD....GOLD JOEY, GOLD!

LOL no. The passing game was still piss poor. All of the production came off the running game and the power attack.

Llloyd still stunk. Randel El could only get open on trick plays.

The team has expensive wide outs. But only 1 is a good wide out in Moss.

Expensive does not always mean production.

It does not take chemestry for Lloyd to catch a few touchdowns. After all football at the end of the is pitch and catch.

He makes these sentances sound as tho every 2, 3, 4 draft pick is a starter :doh: . A bit of flair for the dramatic, no?

Not at all. Id say history shows the odds are fairly decent that a 2nd, 3rd and even 4th rounder has a good chance at being a starter.

with Campbell at QB, we only had 1 poor offensive performance and that was 14 points vs the Falcons...if we get defensive help, all of his starts could have been wins if our defense was better, Jamaal can get our defense back to 04-05 form with his skill in QB pressure and run stuffing...we must go defense

Archived