Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bronco's Release Courtney Brown..

TGibson810

I think at the absolute least, we take a long hard look at him. Even if its a physical. He and Arrington although forever tied together because of the draft and the injuries are different attitudes, Courtney Brown I think would be grateful for the opportunity to get another chance. His physical abilities WHEN HEALTHY would be more than we have on either end.. I say we at least give him a phone call and a physical, :2cents:

I'm a taker. This guy is a nice fit across from Carter at LE in terms of run-stuffing ability and pure strength. He's always injured, to be true, and he's probably not a long-term answer, but he would be a VERY NICE stopgap that would allow the team to feel comfortable taking Branch or Okoye.

Well even if he doesn't pass a physical today, keep tabs on him, say in 4-5 weeks, before the draft, he's healthy enough for one or two seasons, I think that it would be a great way to add depth at DE so we can draft a DT, or trade down to acquire more picks...

I think we tried to get him a couple of years ago. We made a pretty strong push I think but he wanted to have some guarantee of starting - something like that if memory serves. Vet minimum and nothing more to spell Carter and / or whomever else is playing RDE next season. Part time situational only for obvious reasons - he's only had one complete season in seven total.

Courtney and Lavar, #1 and #2 picks, both can't miss greats!

This should be a reminder trading down from #6 to gain a couple extra picks may not be a bad thing!:2cents:

exactly! It makes much more sense to try and regain some draft picks on the first day. We arent one D-lineman away from the big show, we need draft picks.

Do any players that we suggest take vet min plus incentives ever actually take those deals or is this just something that people like to say?

:laugh: lol, no, I havent heard a player doing it.... Its more like an analogy, likening the players talent to his salary, and what we would pay is how we feel about the player. I hear it all the time and laugh when I see it, I wanted to join in this time. I think he'll come cheap if we still want him. He had his oppritunity to milk us for some cheese, he went to Denver instead.... this was two seasons ago right? I doubt he has very many offers coming his way, and if he does... probably not much more then vet min+ incentives.... :2cents:

Courtney and Lavar, #1 and #2 picks, both can't miss greats!

This should be a reminder trading down from #6 to gain a couple extra picks may not be a bad thing!:2cents:

Good point. But we also took Samuels at #3 in that same draft, and he turned out pretty good I think.

Those first 2 have had injury issues, which noone can predict.

If I am putting together a Hospital league team, Brown and Arrington are the first 2 guys I sign!
How about the All-Penn State Bust Hospital Team? Throw Ki-Jana Carter and Curtis Enis in the backfield, Kerry Collins at QB and you got the makings of ICU Division Champs!

Archived