Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bronco's Release Courtney Brown..

TGibson810

Look back on that 2000 draft and out of the top 5 only 1 is with the origional team that drafted them and only 1 can honestly be said not to have been on some level a disapointment (Chris Samuels) (Lewis for a short time was phemominal but jail and injury did for him)

The top 5 in 2000

Courtny Brown (released by the broncos)

LaVar Arrington(released by the Giants)

Chris Samuels (Redskins)

Peter Warrick (recently signed with the AFL LV Gadiators)

Jamal Lewis (recently signed with browns)

In fact in that entire first round there are only a hand full of players I would really look at as stars Shaun Ellis, John Abraham, Kieth Bullock, Shawn Alexander and Julian Peterson.

There are some very good players that bloomed late like Thomas Jones and Deltha O'Neil and Chad Pennington.

7 years is a long time in football but when you get to draft day you invest a lot of $$$ in the top picks and you expect them to be around a while .

Just makes you think.

But as for brown.... errrrr nope PASS

I'm a taker. This guy is a nice fit across from Carter at LE in terms of run-stuffing ability and pure strength. He's always injured, to be true, and he's probably not a long-term answer, but he would be a VERY NICE stopgap that would allow the team to feel comfortable taking Branch or Okoye.
I agree. Or Landry

One of the most star-crossed careers in recent NFL history likely ended Monday

the oft-injured seven-year veteran could not pass a physical examination.

over the past six seasons, the number of games Brown missed because of injury (51) outnumbered those in which he played (45).

It is unlikely that Brown, although only 29, will ever play in the NFL again

Brown was beset by ankle and knee injuries in 2001, a knee injury in 2002, a torn biceps in 2003, a left foot injury in 2004, a left elbow injury in 2005 and a knee injury in 2006. He underwent major surgeries on his right knee in 2001, his left knee in 2002, 2004 and 2006 and his left elbow in 2005.

these are some clippings from the espn article on his release. i dont think he is worth even a look.

Wow look at the top 10 of the 2000 draft and tell me agian about "can't miss" players.

1 Cleveland Courtney Brown DE Penn State

2 Washington LaVar Arrington OLB Penn State

3 Washington Chris Samuels T Alabama

4 Cincinnati Peter Warrick WR Florida State

5 Baltimore Jamal Lewis RB Tennessee

6 Philadelphia Corey Simon DT Florida State

7 Arizona Thomas Jones RB Virginia

8 Pittsburgh Plaxico Burress WR Michigan State

9 Chicago Brian Urlacher MLB New Mexico

10 Baltimore Travis Taylor WR Florida

WOW, I remember I wanted us to draft Peter Warrick so bad. Even after his bad reviews at the combine. I just remembered how good he was with Florida St. That goes to show, dont get caught in all these highlight reels. When you step in the LEAGUE, itz a whole different ball game. Some players can adjust, a lot cant.

Look back on that 2000 draft and out of the top 5 only 1 is with the origional team that drafted them and only 1 can honestly be said not to have been on some level a disapointment (Chris Samuels) (Lewis for a short time was phemominal but jail and injury did for him)

The top 5 in 2000

Courtny Brown (released by the broncos)

LaVar Arrington(released by the Giants)

Chris Samuels (Redskins)

Peter Warrick (recently signed with the AFL LV Gadiators)

Jamal Lewis (recently signed with browns)

In fact in that entire first round there are only a hand full of players I would really look at as stars Shaun Ellis, John Abraham, Kieth Bullock, Shawn Alexander and Julian Peterson.

There are some very good players that bloomed late like Thomas Jones and Deltha O'Neil and Chad Pennington.

7 years is a long time in football but when you get to draft day you invest a lot of $$$ in the top picks and you expect them to be around a while .

Just makes you think.

But as for brown.... errrrr nope PASS

i'll never forget this argument i got in. was in the cincinnati airport when the skins picked Samuels. some schmuck watching the draft said the skins were morons for passing on Warrick, who he said would be a beast in the NFL. i told him that other than the QB, the left tackle (assuming a righty QB) was the most important position on offense, and that i was ecstatic the skins made the smart pick. he scoffed at me.

I know one of Courtney Browns family members and they were telling me that based on his injury He may have to retire early. I really feel bad for him and his family. I guess this is part of what happens in football and also when you're on a bad team as in Cleveland. I hopes he gets better news from his Dr's down the road.

jump off the getting courtney brown bandwagon. at this point they are not even sure that Courtney is going to be able to play a down in the league again. his knee is messed up badly and like someone mentioned earlier there is no way he can pass a physical right now. Im not even sure he could pass a physical anytime in the near future. Dont count on this guy being signed anywhere and chances are he will have to retire.

Riggghhhht. No, if I'm GM for the day (hey wait, that position's not filled yet), I leave Mr. Brown by the curb. Sorry he's out of gas without making a bigger statement in his career, but let's look at the facts:

<b>Penn State 1st rounder</b>: chance of bust, 75%? [98% for PS RB's, 110% for PS QB's]

<b>Cleveland Brown 1st rounder</b>: chance of failure, 80%?

<b>Following Cleveland-to-Denver career route</b>: chance of being a dud 50%?

<b>Cleve-Denver-Washington route</b>: Do we even want to tempt fate here? Portis has been OK, but if Denver casts someone off we likely don't want him. Plus, even without giving Denver another pick, they'd be fleecing us again just on principle.

If he had been on the cover of Sports Illustrated, we permanently end debate on this now. Come to think of it, on this '99 draft issue, maybe that's CB in the mask behind the Couch and Smith? :yikes: [CB was in 2000, not 1999, my mistake]

http://subs.timeinc.net/SI/coverstore/CoverMain.jhtml?IDs=SPR19990419%2CSPR19990419frame++++&category=Cover&subcategory=football+pro&page_number=19&returnpage=CoverMain.jhtml

there shouldnt even be talk about this guy at this point. he is done in this league. he is going to have to sit out at least a season and let the knee rehab. wasting time even discussing this guy.

Archived