Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have a DEFINITE plan.

SPRINTxBOMB

Just not sure what that plan is right now? But, I do know this... The team needs help along the defensive line. Yet, they have have not signed OR released a single player at DE or DT.

If the Redskins ran out and signed another DE right at the start of FA then they would have " showed thier hand " in the draft. The team would be a lock to select a tackle, and vice versa. We pick up a DT and now everybody knows we are after either Adams or Anderson.

Typically, when the Redskins have a glaring need, the team addresses it at midnight on the start of free agency. ( Rabach, Griffin, Randle el, Fletcher ) the list goes on and on.

I believe the Redskins have a difinitive plan in place to aquire a couple... Yes, thats more than one, impact players through this draft. They have plenty of options to do so. And they have plenty of options to clear the cap space needed to bring guys in.

With free agent DEs like Bobby McCray ( 10 sacks in 06 ) available and the Redskins showing no interest there has got to be SOMETHING already in place to get the players they covet.

I think they will slide down and get Okoye. Then with the aditional picks, they will bundle em and move right back up as far as they can to get a player they like. Or use one to obtain one of the better looking RFAs available. Thats just my opinion, but the draft day scenerios are endless.

One thing is for sure... The Redskins have kept us ALL guessing.

I agree they have a plan, I just don't like it if the team hinges their cards on what other teams are going to do. For instance if say their plan was to drop down and still get okoye, then say Arizona pulls a shocker and drafts him then is the teams plan blown up or what. That is why I am a big supporter of going into the draft with a roster mostly filled. If the team is content to go into next year with just one new starter from the draft and anything extra is just icing on the cake, then they are mostly set. If they are planning to go in and draft two starters with a trade down then we probably are screwed (see the Mcintosh trade up last year). With all teams closely guarding their draft plans it is just not a good strategy to bet on a team wanting to move up or a certain player to be there if we trade down or if we want to trade down the player we need for that to happen will be there.

To me the words possible, if, or maybe should not be in a teams draft plan.

That said good luck Joe.

I agree they have a plan, I just don't like it if the team hinges their cards on what other teams are going to do. For instance if say their plan was to drop down and still get okoye, then say Arizona pulls a shocker and drafts him then is the teams plan blown up or what. That is why I am a big supporter of going into the draft with a roster mostly filled. If the team is content to go into next year with just one new starter from the draft and anything extra is just icing on the cake, then they are mostly set. If they are planning to go in and draft two starters with a trade down then we probably are screwed (see the Mcintosh trade up last year). With all teams closely guarding their draft plans it is just not a good strategy to bet on a team wanting to move up or a certain player to be there if we trade down or if we want to trade down the player we need for that to happen will be there.

That said good luck Joe.

You`re exactly right. Nobody projected Donte Whitner at number 8 or Leinart to be there at 10 last year. So we gotta hope that the Redskins have planned for the unexpected.

I think it will be. The team seems very cautious and deliberate this offseason. I believe everything is going according to plan for them.

Well let's hope a light finally came on ! instead of spending crazy and not getting any returns back on the money they spending.

That said good luck Joe.

That is why they have a draft BOARD filled with all of the available players in order that they want them. That way, when a player is drafted by an other team, they just move to the next available on their board.

yea reading between the lines on a couple rumors i think its safe to say we have some draft day scenario's all planned out.

can't disagree that they have a plan (or plans). but note that this is built into the situation - the Skins have the #6 pick and reasonable projections of how the 5 teams ahead will pick and later team needs inevitably leads to tradedown scenarios.

This is a rediculous thread. It is silly....this idea or concept that the Redskins are trying to use misdirection by not signing a defensive end or defensive tackle.

Do you really think that Buffalo or Houston or Cleveland is out there trying NOT to sign players because they don't want the Washingotn Redskins to know what draft pick they are going after? That's absurd!

Most rookies never even make an impact their first year, and some never even play. So why would a team plan their free agency around another teams selection of a rookie draft pick.

The Redskins may indeed have a plan but it does not revolve around what other teams are trying to do up in another city. The Skins know what they're weaknesses are, just like we all do. Anybody wih half a brain knows the Skins were the all time worst team in pass rushing last season. But the real reason they haven't signed pass rushers is because they have a different philosphy. They value cornerbacks more than pass rushers. Every year they go after corners or safeties in the draft or free agency, OR WIDE RECEIVERS. The history is there. Every year their priority is secondary or wide receivers. Otherwise they would have signed Joey Porter. He is a pass rusher and a great one. Better than anyone the Skins have. Otherwise they would have targeted Adalius Thomas. He is a pass rusher. He is better than anyone the Redskins have. They are not interested in pass rushers becauese it does not fit their philosophy. They go after cornerbacks and wide receivers...so don't expect any real improvement in the redksins sack totals this year.

But the Skins have a plan. Their plan, and it has NOTHING to do with what other teams are going to draft.

You need to go back to football basics my friend and start studying all over again.

yea reading between the lines on a couple rumors i think its safe to say we have some draft day scenario's all planned out.

I agree, i think we get the better of some deal on draft day. Some team will have their back against the wall, and make a knee jerk decision based on the clock ticking. I see us getting our 2nd and 3rd back by the draft. :2cents:

This is a rediculous thread. It is silly....this idea or concept that the Redskins are trying to use misdirection by not signing a defensive end or defensive tackle.

Do you really think that Buffalo or Houston or Cleveland is out there trying NOT to sign players because they don't want the Washingotn Redskins to know what draft pick they are going after? That's absurd!

Most rookies never even make an impact their first year, and some never even play. So why would a team plan their free agency around another teams selection of a rookie draft pick.

The Redskins may indeed have a plan but it does not revolve around what other teams are trying to do up in another city. The Skins know what they're weaknesses are, just like we all do. Anybody wih half a brain knows the Skins were the all time worst team in pass rushing last season. But the real reason they haven't signed pass rushers is because they have a different philosphy. They value cornerbacks more than pass rushers. Every year they go after corners or safeties in the draft or free agency, OR WIDE RECEIVERS. The history is there. Every year their priority is secondary or wide receivers. Otherwise they would have signed Joey Porter. He is a pass rusher and a great one. Better than anyone the Skins have. Otherwise they would have targeted Adalius Thomas. He is a pass rusher. He is better than anyone the Redskins have. They are not interested in pass rushers becauese it does not fit their philosophy. They go after cornerbacks and wide receivers...so don't expect any real improvement in the redksins sack totals this year.

But the Skins have a plan. Their plan, and it has NOTHING to do with what other teams are going to draft.

You need to go back to football basics my friend and start studying all over again.

WTH are you talking about?

Archived