Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broncos GM: "Bly to remain a bronco"*

SEANTAYLOR21

CBS has aired clips of an interview with Broncos GM Ted Sunquist who has confirmed that trade rumors are untrue and that "Bly will remain a Bronco."

i got this off the denver broncos message board so enough of the bly threads because we won't be getting him this year.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=88305

This statement cracks me up.I mean you are starting another Bly thread.If you would have looked a little.You would have seen there is a thread talking about how Bly is going to stay a Bronco.:doh:

I don't know, could be their GM just lying for whatever reason. LaCanfora reported the trade talks, and has continuosly said the Skins and Broncos have been talking about at least draft pick trades. Other sources have said as much also. Something is going on there. We would've released Hall before the start of free agency if we wanted him gone. The Skins have something planned, otherwise Gibbs probably would have held on to Hall and had two kickers battling. We wouldn't have restructured Moss and Portis unless we were planning on making some kind of move in the near future. Who knows, maybe the Skins are looking at who they could potentially draft with the Denver's offered picks vs. who they have in mind to take at #6.

Did you read the whole thread?

Even if he said it, it doesn't mean anything! Don't you guys get that? Everything is negotiable. He's looking for offers. He's trying to give out false information to fool other teams about what the Broncos will do.

He's trying to get offers and make deals. If I were a GM and they asked me what I was thinking I'd be wondering whether to lie and tell the opposite of what I'm thinking, or whether to tell the truth, but try and phrase it in such a way that other teams would THINK I was lying to cover up what I was really thinking!

That's how devious it is with these teams between now and the draft! Everybody outside the Broncos war-room is NOT on a "need to know basis"

and

i just searched all over cbs channel 4 and nothing! this is probably a rumor as well...we cant even get the guy that posted this to respond anyhow. i bet he's a redskins fan laughing his @$$ off right now.

Now the sad part or posts

I agree Cugel, I said the same about what his agent spewed yesterday to the media. I think it is funny that New York and New Orleans might have better leverage to get him and Washington fans think they will get him no matter...makes me all warm and fuzzy, cause there is no way Shanahan gives away more then a 1st and a 3rd along with Bly for their top pick! He will land in New Orleans for a 3rd Round Pick and we will be hated for a year or two by the Skins...lmfao.

the skins already hate us....we have been raping their draft picks and players for years now.

They should be use to it, they are like high cost prostitutes that end up prude - all that money and they still do not put out!

Sorry bad joke...lmao.

So true, sad but true.

The original poster came back at the end of the thread

I don't blame all you guys for being cynical...since these past couple days have been nuts...

I would not lie about this, and hopefully someone here saw the afternoon sportscast from CBS Channel 4, but take what you will:

-Ted Sundquist did "say" the trade rumors were untrue - does this mean that the broncos did not consider a trade? No. It's possible that neither Washington, NY, nor New Orleans had an offer worth pursuing. He was quoted "Bly will remain a Bronco."

As for the skeptics, this was broadcasted within the past hour or so, and I'm sure you can tell that the CBS website does not update, if you search. The Sundquist segment was no more than a few minutes. I didn't mean to stir anything up, I just thought that people would appreciate any sort of update.

Sounds like a rumor to me at this point.

What a lot of people don't realize is it wasn't just about Bly.The Broncos want someone in the draft and they know we want Bly.So don't expect this trade to be over.Its going to come down to if the player that Denver wants is still there at 6.If anything is going to be done its going to be done on draft day.So in my opinion i don't think this is the last time we hear of this draft.

Me.....I am excited about the 6 pick. I think that a strong pass rusher will make every body better. We were one of the worst teams last year in getting pressure on the QB. That in turn gives them enough time to find an open receiver.

Hell.....give me 5 to 7 seconds in the pocket and I could have a rating of 107.

When you start getting pressure on the QB, the QB has to rush things, and in turn starts making mistakes......or gets sacked.

With a strong DE or DT, they will have to double on him sometimes, which will free up another rusher, or even a blitzing LB. That will make the corners better in coverage, and the safeties better at giving a little help.

So me.......I am excited about a strong pass rusher at 6.

Archived