Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Fletcher = Jeremiah Trotter

Gator Bait

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Does anyone else here think signing London Fletcher was a questionable move? I know he hasn't missed a game in 9 years, and I know he played great last year...but the man is old for a linebacker and we don't have a great history in taking big time free agents and having them play well for us!

Nope, Smoot = Trotter...

when he went back to the Eagles.

If anything the analogy for Fletcher would be Barrow. I'm not worried though, I have a good feeling about Fletcher. I've always liked the guy.

I forgot all about Barrow...did that guy even ever play a down for us in the regular season? He might be the biggest bust in skins history...although that might still belong to Heath Shuler

Nope, Smoot = Trotter...

when he went back to the Eagles.

If anything the analogy for Fletcher would be Barrow. I'm not worried though, I have a good feeling about Fletcher. I've always liked the guy.

i hope you are right about the smoot deal though....but how much could a terp's fan really know??????

Does anyone else here think signing London Fletcher was a questionable move? Nope

I know he hasn't missed a game in 9 years, Exactly

and I know he played great last year Right again

...but the man is old for a linebacker Not really, but most importantly, he isn;t old for London Fletcher

and we don't have a great history in taking big time free agents and having them play well for us! What does Deon Sanders have to do with London Fletcher?

Does anyone else here think signing London Fletcher was a questionable move? Nope

I know he hasn't missed a game in 9 years, Exactly

and I know he played great last year Right again

...but the man is old for a linebacker Not really, but most importantly, he isn;t old for London Fletcher

and we don't have a great history in taking big time free agents and having them play well for us! What does Deon Sanders have to do with London Fletcher?

I hope you are right....i was speaking more along the lines of arch, you went way back to the deion thing...damn...i was pissed!

wow, that was clever!

Sorry man, Im not bustin chops.. it was the first thing that camer to mind. Its late.

I just dont see how Trotter and FLetcher are in the same boat. The bonus with Fletcher is that he's coming back to a scheme he's familier with. Trotter was like a fish out of water here. It was a cheap jersey to buy though, and a Fletcher Jersey may end up in the closet next to my Trotter jersey in the end... You gonna get one.................................. Ray? :D:silly:

I forgot all about Barrow...did that guy even ever play a down for us in the regular season? He might be the biggest bust in skins history...although that might still belong to Heath Shuler

Its gotta still belong to Shuler, mostly because of the huge expectations.

Finkle IS Einhorn!!!!

Haha, laces out, Dan!

But no, Fletcher won't be a bust here. He knows the system, he's had a hell of a career so far, and he's a natural leader. He is getting older, so I'm not expecting any pro-bowl nominations, but I do expect solid play.

Besides, I think a big reason he was brought in was to bring a little harmony to the defense. I think between Fletch and Smoooooooot, the morale in the D's lockerroom will be much improved.

Sorry man, Im not bustin chops.. it was the first thing that camer to mind. Its late.

I just dont see how Trotter and FLetcher are in the same boat. The bonus with Fletcher is that he's coming back to a scheme he's familier with. Trotter was like a fish out of water here. It was a cheap jersey to buy though, and a Fletcher Jersey may end up in the closet next to my Trotter jersey in the end... You gonna get one.................................. Ray? :D:silly:

after I bought my sean taylor 36 jersey....he switched his number a week later to 21....I haven't bought a jersey since! If I do it will probably be a number 28 darrell green

Barrow wasn't a bust, he got hurt. His contract would have been a great deal if he had played.

I'm getting pretty tired of people claiming Fletcher is too old. He has never had an injury, the average age of middle linebackers in the league is 30, and middle linebacker is a position where players last in to their mid-late thirties. Here is a look at the ages of some starting middle linebackers will be before the end of the 2007 season.

Keith Brooking: 32 // Teddy Bruschi: 34 // Andra Davis: 28 // James Farrior: 32

London Fletcher: 32 // Ray Lewis: 32 //Lemar Marshall: 31 //Mike Peterson: 31

Zach Thomas: 34 // Antonio Pierce: 29 // Jeremiah Trotter: 30 // Al Wilson: 30

I put Lemar in because before recently he was a starting MLB. As you can see, these are some of the better players at middle linebacker, almost all are in their 30's. Amongst all the players, none have avoided the injury bug as well as Fletcher has. Fletcher has also been one of the most productive out of all the starting middle linebackers in the league.

Bottom line: Fletcher is a team leader, positions the other defenders, has thorough knowledge of our system, has at least 100 tackles every year, creates turnovers, doesn't get injured, he was a fan-favorite with the Bills, has great character, we didn't over pay him (whatever that means anyways) and most importantly is one of the best in the league at his position. This was a great pick-up for the Skins.

I'm getting pretty tired of people claiming Fletcher is too old. He has never had an injury, the average age of middle linebackers in the league is 30, and middle linebacker is a position where players last in to their mid-late thirties. Here is a look at the ages of some starting middle linebackers will be before the end of the 2007 season.

Keith Brooking: 32 // Teddy Bruschi: 34 // Andra Davis: 28 // James Farrior: 32

London Fletcher: 32 // Ray Lewis: 32 //Lemar Marshall: 31 //Mike Peterson: 31

Zach Thomas: 34 // Antonio Pierce: 29 // Jeremiah Trotter: 30 // Al Wilson: 30

I put Lemar in because before recently he was a starting MLB. As you can see, these are some of the better players at middle linebacker, almost all are in their 30's. Amongst all the players, none have avoided the injury bug as well as Fletcher has. Fletcher has also been one of the most productive out of all the starting middle linebackers in the league.

Bottom line: Fletcher is a team leader, positions the other defenders, has thorough knowledge of our system, has at least 100 tackles every year, creates turnovers, doesn't get injured, he was a fan-favorite with the Bills, has great character, we didn't over pay him (whatever that means anyways) and most importantly is one of the best in the league at his position. This was a great pick-up for the Skins.

Bruschi had a stroke, Lewis is not even close to what he used to be, marshall isn't even an average mlb, trotter has been injured a lot, thomas isn't what he used to be

I'd take Pierce over all these guys....too bad we didn't pay the man a couple years ago!

Bruschi had a stroke, Lewis is not even close to what he used to be, marshall isn't even an average mlb, trotter has been injured a lot, thomas isn't what he used to be

I'd take Pierce over all these guys....too bad we didn't pay the man a couple years ago!

I disagree with most of your assesment here, but those guys are still some of the best MLBs in the league, Ray is still considered the absolute best MLB, and one of the best overall players in the NFL.

Too bad Pierce only had one good year when he wanted that big payday, and too bad he hasn't done jack in NY.

How about Monte Coleman? The guy played 16 seasons and retired at 36.

Kurt Gouveia played until he was 35.

There are plenty of examples of MLBs playing a long time. Considering the relative health of Fletcher throughout his career, I wouldn't bet against 2-3 strong years left in him.

Jason

Archived