Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential WSH-DEN trade (draft pick values)

21KillzCowboys

With JLC's latest blog (see link) about Denver wanting to move up to the #6 pick for 2 or 3 picks + Bly, I got really excited. At first I thought that would be too much for Denver to give up, but it's actually not based on the draft value chart.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

(1) WSH #6 - 1600

(1) DEN #21 - 800

(2) DEN #56 - 340

(3) DEN #70 - 240 (TJ Duckett trade)

(3) DEN #87 - 155

Total of these four picks = 1535

Personally, I think our #6 for their #21, #56, and Bly would be a good trade. Perhaps, they would throw #87 in as well. Then, like JLC says, we could trade Springs for more picks, maybe a 3 and a 4.

Bly is worth a #2 or #3 to Denver, so you aren't going to get all those picks.

Most likely you get #21, #70 and Bly.

The question is three years from now are you going to be looking at Alan Branch or Anderson becoming the next Richard Seymour while we sit there with one solid starter, one capable backup and a 32 year old corner with a high cap number?

With JLC's latest blog (see link) about Denver wanting to move up to the #6 pick for 2 or 3 picks + Bly, I got really excited. At first I thought that would be too much for Denver to give up, but it's actually not based on the draft value chart.

(1) WSH #6 - 1600

(1) DEN #21 - 800

(2) DEN #56 - 340

(3) DEN #87 - 155

Personally, I think our #6 for their #21, #56, and Bly would be a good trade. Perhaps, they would throw #87 in as well. Then, like JLC says, we could trade Springs for more picks, maybe a 3 and a 4.

Or Springs and their 21 to get back into the top 15 plus a 3rd or 4th

The problem with this trade is that the skins are counting on DE Amobi Okoye being there at #21... There is no chance in hell that happens... I wouldnt do this trade UNLESS we made another swap to get back into the 10-14 range... Id love to end up with this

a 2nd round pick

Dre Bly

For

Shawn Springs

(1) WSH #6 - 1600

(1) DEN #21 - 800

(2) DEN #56 - 340

(3) DEN #87 - 155

I don' think Denver will trade us their #87 too. Hey, Bly and the 1st 3 picks is a deal for our #6!

i am not really sure how i feel about getting rid of springs and getting bly..when healty springs is better, but i do know i love the idea of having all those picks and getting some depth and younger.

We will only see with time what will happen.

:logo:

The question is three years from now are you going to be looking at Alan Branch or Anderson becoming the next Richard Seymour while we sit there with one solid starter, one capable backup and a 32 year old corner with a high cap number?

That's a good question. Very conceivable considering our FO's history.

I asked this in another thread. Is it possible to get bly (only way i would want to trade our #6 is if we could still land a really solid first round D-line player) and then move springs to safety? On passing downs we would be really solid in coverage, and on running downs we could plug in AA or PP. Only problem with this is we would have 2 really high players splitting time at the safety position which isnt so great.

I question the capable backup part of it....Whomever you draft that early in Round 3 should become a starter....Lets not forget Cooley and Dockery were both recent Redskins 3rd round picks...

exactly Which is why we need to keep the #6 pick and draft Branch or Anderson!

Healthy, Springs is a better corner. Problem is, he's rarely healthy and is two years older than Bly I believe.

Getting back a lot of the picks we traded would be nice. Of course, our front office hits on the mid to late round picks roughly five percent of the time.

I really hope the trade is not our 6th for Bly, #21 and our 3rd rounder back. We either need both third rounders or their second rounder, not just 1 third. I would hope to get at least a 3rd for Springs and maybe a second considering the thin market for CB's. If healthy Springs is still avery good corner. If a good team lacks a corner to get to the next level Springs would be ideal. Hopefully we can get more than 1 team interested.

The fact that the FO is looking strongly at doing this tells me they are not comfortable with selecting the available players with the number 6th pick. Adams really doesn't fit our D and they must not consider Anderson or Branch to be worth the pick.

What I don't like about this trade is what another poster said that we drop too far in the first round. All the good Dline players could be gone by 21.

They must also really like Bly. I know Bly is good, but I never thought he was that good. I would rather spend the cap space on extending Cooley than giving Bly a large contract.

i think Bly is a better investment...regardless of how good springs can be...he is old and battered...ike an old dog on his last legs, he can still catch a frisbee but he is just done IMO..getting younger would be a move in the right direction

Bly wants to be a Redskin..Spring doesn't care who he plays for..lets get this kid

What happens if that #6 sustains a serious career injury? I'd rather have multiple picks. If we did get Denver's 1,2and3 odds are better than putting all your eggs in one basket. Not saying the #6 wouldn't shine, but just another way of looking at it.

What happens if that #6 sustains a serious career injury? I'd rather have multiple picks. If we did get Denver's 1,2and3 odds are better than putting all your eggs in one basket. Not saying the #6 wouldn't shine, but just another way of looking at it.

...and what if the lesser picks are just average players who aren't an impact at all or an upgrade to players we have on the roster?

Everything is a crapshoot. You just have to hope that the player at #6 has the talent and the skills to be ranked there for a reason.

I can see it now, by reading these posts we are going to get screwed. No way Bly is worth anything near the 460(Bly, pick 21 and pick 56) or 560(bly, pick 21 and pick 70) point value you are assigning him. If either of these scenarios goes down, Denver is getting over on possibly the 2 worst front offices in football. They gave Millen a couple of busts who they wanted to unload anyway( and I don't want to hear how Tatum Bell is so good b/c he couldn't ultimatley beat out an undrafted free agent in Mike Bell and George Foster sucks, he probably would of been cut) oh yeah and they swaped a low 5th rd pick for a high 6th (big deal). Now they turn around and want to have us overpay for Bly (460-560 pts is the eqivalent of a high second rd pick) who is also injury prone(missed time 2 of the last 3 seasons) and who will want a huge payday.

Archived