Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential WSH-DEN trade (draft pick values)

21KillzCowboys

I think you guys didnt read all of JLC's blog. WHat we'd do it trade down to 21, get those picks, then trade Springs to get picks, then use those picks as ammunition to trade back up to the 15-18 range, and have some picks left over and THEN we'd be able to get Okoye

I'd like us to trade Bly for Springs straight up. Then trade the #6 pick to StL for the #13 and #52 and #116. Then turn around and trade #13 to CHI for #31 and #37. That leaves us with the #31,#37,#52,#116. Obviously I'm stretching far on this one, but the Rams are looking for a top d-lineman and I heard the Bears are looking to move up so...

With JLC's latest blog (see link) about Denver wanting to move up to the #6 pick for 2 or 3 picks + Bly, I got really excited. At first I thought that would be too much for Denver to give up, but it's actually not based on the draft value chart.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

(1) WSH #6 - 1600

(1) DEN #21 - 800

(2) DEN #56 - 340

(3) DEN #70 - 240 (TJ Duckett trade)

(3) DEN #87 - 155

Total of these four picks = 1535

Personally, I think our #6 for their #21, #56, and Bly would be a good trade. Perhaps, they would throw #87 in as well. Then, like JLC says, we could trade Springs for more picks, maybe a 3 and a 4.

F Bly...I would do it for those 4 picks. The skins need to start adding quality depth to their roster. They could concivably get 4 starting quality players for 1 pick.

(1) WSH #6 - 1600

(1) DEN #21 - 800

(2) DEN #56 - 340

(3) DEN #70 - 240

(3) DEN #87 - 155

Total = 1535

The only way I even consider doing this deal is if Denver offers all 4 picks and Bly. If they want #6 overall enough then they have to eat some points on the value chart IMO.

The following players could be available:

(1) DEN #21 - 800 DE Charles Johnson, DE Quentin Moses, ILB Patrick Willis

(2) DEN #56 - 340 DT Quinn Pit****, OG Ben Grubbs, DE LaMarr Woodley

(3) DEN #70 - 240 QB Drew Stanton, OG Josh Beekman, ILB Buster Davis

(3) DEN #87 - 155 WR Steve Smith, CB Josh Wilson,

Don't forget to factor in what Denver gave up for Bly - Tatum Bell - a good rb, George Foster - a decent olineman and a 5th round pick for Bly and a 6th round. Also Detroit would have taken a 3rd rounder for Bly. So the point value chart for this kind of trade is not likely to yield 1600 point for the Redskins. Even so, getting Bly and the 21st pick, a 2nd rounder and our 3rd rounder back, plus maybe a second day pick may be a better deal than it looks because it would then allow us to trade Springs for more picks. Also all three of those picks, and a fat contract for Bly would still be a lot cheaper than what we would have to pay Springs and the #6 pick. Remember in the NEW WORLD OF REASON by the FO the money is now more important. Extra cap space this year allows us to get an early extension for Cooley or Taylor.

This posted on breaking news from our site:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3572674#post3572674

Like I said, we'd better get their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round + Bly or I'd day NO DEAL!

As I said before Denver is the ones who are screwed here with a discontented one year rental. If they want to trade him for our 6th then the only way I would do it is for what is outlined above (just be it our 3rd back).

That still gives Denver a trade of 220 pts for Bly or equal to a third round pick. Point wise that is a winner all around. BTW Carriker will probably still be around in the late first.

Then I would shop Springs for a #2, Lots of teams are week in the secondary and need a lot of help. The Giants for one are a possibility, the cowboys are another and they are in our division. If we can't get a two go for a number 3 this year and a 4 next.

If I knew Jamal Andersen wouldn't be available at #6, I would do it in a heartbeat

A lot of speculation in this thread. The problem I have is that the skins will pull the trigger before the draft. That implies that they don't like Branch or Anderson with the sixth pick.

The other side of this equation is what does Denver want with the sixth pick?

A lot of speculation in this thread. The problem I have is that the skins will pull the trigger before the draft. That implies that they don't like Branch or Anderson with the sixth pick.

I would guess one of the DLs. Though Landry is possible too.

Don't forget to factor in what Denver gave up for Bly - Tatum Bell - a good rb, George Foster - a decent olineman and a 5th round pick for Bly and a 6th round. Also Detroit would have taken a 3rd rounder for Bly. So the point value chart for this kind of trade is not likely to yield 1600 point for the Redskins. Even so, getting Bly and the 21st pick, a 2nd rounder and our 3rd rounder back, plus maybe a second day pick may be a better deal than it looks because it would then allow us to trade Springs for more picks. Also all three of those picks, and a fat contract for Bly would still be a lot cheaper than what we would have to pay Springs and the #6 pick. Remember in the NEW WORLD OF REASON by the FO the money is now more important. Extra cap space this year allows us to get an early extension for Cooley or Taylor.

I agree with your points, but I really don't care what Denver gave for him, that is thir problem and not the skins. They traded all of that for a player who wants no part of their team and he is in the last year of his contract. Denver did not have a good offseason, most of the FA's they wanted did not sign with them, both trades have backfired.

Since Kearny signed with Seattle they are more desperate for a pass rushing DE. Lets help them with that and there is no way we should take a value point hit. There first three picks and bly is fair. They still get a low third round pick value of 220 pts, which is what the lions originally wanted. I am also leaning towards wanting both third rounders they have as compensation us moving back early, allowing them time to continue to fill holes in FA.

Knowing how bad our scouting department has been lately, probably Anderson or Branch. :doh:

Getting pick 21, 56, 70 and their 6th rd pck would get us to about 1600 pts, but we should accept nothing less than 21,56,70 and Bly. But I got a bad feeling about this trade and our front offices ability to get equal value.

If I had to guess, I'd say the S from LSU Landry.

Getting pick 21, 56, 70 and their 6th rd pck would get us to about 1600 pts, but we should accept nothing less than 21,56,70 and Bly. But I got a bad feeling about this trade and our front offices ability to get equal value.

This is the deal I'd do RD, but I have a feeling that we are going to maybe trade our 2008 4th round pick with this years 1st to obtain these picks you've listed. I would still make the trade.

I just don't agree with you guys that Bly should be included in the trade. If Denver wants to give up 1600 points worth of picks I think the skins should strongly consider it. I would rather keep Springs and use the extra picks to upgrade a more than one position.

Archived