Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CP = Champ Bailey and Dre Bly?

phatSkins27

I just wanted to point out something that occured to me with the Dre Bly trade. First I would like to say I know Bly and Tatum Bell was not a straight trade but that was the principles of the trade. I also would like to say that I Love the fact that CP is a redskin and I believe one of the top 3 backs in the league.

But, for all those who said we over paid for him well since being traded Champ has been probably the best CB in the league and remember that second round pick we sent with Champ? The Denver Broncos selected Tatum Bell with that pick.

Since he was used to acquire Dre Bly, kinda makes it look like the Skins recieved Clinton Portis for not one but two Pro Bowl CornerBacks. Like I said I absolutely love CP but for a team that had and has Ladell Betts and all the RBs for cheap on the market, it does make you think.

:logo:

but then again if we kept champ

say good bye to sean taylor because we would have drafted a offensive player (kellen winslow) which would also mean no chris cooley

i like Portis+cooley+taylor more then i like Bailey+Winslow+Drafted 3rd round RB

say good bye to sean taylor because we would have drafted a offensive player (kellen winslow) which would also mean no chris cooley

i like Portis+cooley+taylor more then i like Bailey+Winslow+Drafted 3rd round RB

Yea Portis, ST, and Cooley >>>>>>>>> Bailey, Winslow and 3rd round RB anyday of the year!

Here is something i have found.If its been posted my fault.I cant create threads and i don't know why.I wish a admin would get back to me and fix this problem as for now i cant do anything about it.If someone wants to create a thread for this go ahead.Here's the story and the links.

Rumor Bly Wants TO Be A Redskin!

Dre' Bly reportedly wants to play for the Redskins, and could force a trade from Denver.

Bly and Washington were negotiating a contract when it looked like he might be traded to Washington. Denver coach Mike Shanahan reportedly likes Shawn Springs and Ladell Betts, so there is a chance trade talks will resume. Bly reportedly agreed to terms on a new deal with Denver, but nothing has been signed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

5 seasons with Redskins: 18 picks for Bailey

Last 2 seasons with Broncos: 18 picks for Bailey

Its a bad move in hindsight, but nobody could've predicted Bailey would become easily the best corner in the league after being "just" a probowler in Washington.

And if you could, more power to ya.

You could look at that way, and I can give you an angle that says your farting is the cause for global warming. But both statments would still be wrong.

I dont know about the farting thing.......

"World-wide, cattle produce enormous quantities of methane. Probably about 15 percent of the world-wide emissions of methane. Individual cattle can produce about 65 kilograms of methane per year."

http://www.science.gc.ca/default.asp?Lang=En&n=7F9A808A-1&edit=off

5 seasons with Redskins: 18 picks for Bailey

Last 2 seasons with Broncos: 18 picks for Bailey

Its a bad move in hindsight, but nobody could've predicted Bailey would become easily the best corner in the league after being "just" a probowler in Washington.

And if you could, more power to ya.

:laugh:

Champ Bailey did not want to be a Redskin anymore.

He publicy said that many times after we franchised him, he told the management, and if we would have kept him instead of trading him, he would have walked as a free agent the following offseason and we would have gotten NOTHING in return.

Better to get "one of the top 3 backs in the league" as you refer to Portis, for Champ instead of keeping him for one more season and getting NOTHING.

Enough with the "why oh why did we trade Champ" threads. He was gone one way or the other. At least we got something for him.

End of discussion.

Denver is obsessed with the CB position because in order to GET to the Super Bowl they have to stop Peyton Manning.

one good CB in Champ Bailey wasn't enough....and since Manning is in his prime and gets better every year...2 good CB still won't do the job.

someday Denver is going to have over a quarter of it's cap spent on the Defensive backfield just to stop Peyton.

Dre' Bly reportedly wants to play for the Redskins, and could force a trade from Denver.

Bly and Washington were negotiating a contract when it looked like he might be traded to Washington. Denver coach Mike Shanahan reportedly likes Shawn Springs and Ladell Betts, so there is a chance trade talks will resume. Bly reportedly agreed to terms on a new deal with Denver, but nothing has been signed.

Look at page one of this topic and find my post.I guess me and you are the only one's that want to talk about this on this site.

never thought about that before, I love that observation

also, in hindsight we got the raw end of the Bailey/Portis trade because we also had to give up a 2nd round pick. The best CB and only true lock down corner in the league for a top 5 running back, we should have gotten a pick from them!

Interesting way to look at it...

:cheers:

I think we made the right choices in that whole champ for portis deal. I think everything will work out in the end. I just hope that we can go on a three year playoff run with a shot at getting back to the SB. Who cares how we get there.

HTTR

I like most of the points you guys have made...

and I TOTALLY AGREE CP+Cooley+Sean Taylor + a guy from the parking lot is better than Broncos secondary and Detroit's TEAM combined.

I guess i was just saying about giving them a 2nd rd pick was a bit over the top.

For those of you who didnt read the thread I know the dre bly trade was not just tatum bell but some other ppl and denver recieved a 6th rd pick and I said I LOVE the fact CP is a redskin (my fav is dolla bill).

Just wanted to throw that one out there to talk about and thanks for the fart joke it was worth the thread just for a good fart joke!

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. No offense to the poster, but this all is operating with hindsight, and just because you say you love CP doesn't defend the fact you started such a terrible thread. First of all, this very stupid point about Bailey and Bly has already been brought up many times before, and second, this thread serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever, other than to open a door for all the lemmings to jump off a cliff while yelling their hatred for the FO and Snyder.

This thread is just a rehashed version of "Portis for Bailey and Tatum Bell?" Let's all just completely ignore the fact Bailey was disgruntled, didn't want to play here, and the possibility of him refusing to play was there. At the very least, Bailey's production would have slipped. Tatum Bell has speed, and nothing else. He had very little success in Denver, where any RB can have great success.

If we didn't get Portis, this would be a very different team. We wouldn't have a face for this franchise, we wouldn't have made the playoffs, we might not have Cooley, Campbell, Taylor, etc. Instead we might have some drafted RB that never worked out, or an oft injured, not-yet-ready-to-start-RB in Betts. He is decent now, before though, not so much. CP is a game changer and plays a position that offers more of an immediate impact than corner does.

It's absolutely disgusting that people dismiss the RB position all together, and even say '05 was a fluke, all so they can continue to bash the front office and the team, without hearing any dissent. Are those people fans, or cowboy trolls? There is always room for dissent and differing opinions, but it should be expected that those arguments be backed by fact and are logical and contribute something of meaning. Instead, these idiots have poured on here, and turned a big chunk of the Stadium into a running one-line gag about Snyder and the front office. How many times do you guys have to say we're going to trade all our draft picks for some veteran bum, (or some other dumbass scenario that obviously isn't going to happen,) before it gets old to you?

Many on here just bash and bash and act like if they were GM the team would never lose a game, ever. Not many want to say the team is headed in the right direction, that we have a great coaching staff, that we have youth and talent on both sides of the ball. Instead, after one dissapointing, injury-plagued season, the board fills up with threads saying "Fire Gibbs". Anybody who actually believes or suggests this either wasn't old enough to remember any of Gibbs I, wasn't a football fan during Gibbs I, or is a troll from a rivals team. However, even those trolls for the most part have respect for Gibbs.

It's not surprising that FedEx Field isn't as loud as it could/should be, when the main fan board is half-filled with fairweather fans who parrot everything the media says about this team (overpaying for players, cap hell, the game has passed Gibbs, we need a GM, etc.). Sorry to go off on this post, but it's just so aggravating seeing so many threads and posts about losing Dockery and other former Skins being completley the FOs fault and not the player, and about how bad our new FAs are, or the daily threads that operate in hindsight highliting things we SHOULD have done.

It's not hard to be a Redskin fan because of the team, it's hard to be a fan because of the alarming amount of idiots that are Skins fans. People complain that sportscasters water things down when talking about players and games, but now I'm starting to understand why they do such things.

It's ok to question the team or have doubts, but the context of those complaints should always be respectful, and none of them ever are. Just because the team does bad doesn't mean disrespectfulness and foolishness should be accepted or allowed. A true fan SHOULD NOT behave in such a way. Winning produces results, but losing is the ultimate test of faith. And right now, many Redskins fans are failing.

Feel free to agree or disagree, this is mostly just something I needed to get off my chest. Thanks for listening.

Archived