Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CP = Champ Bailey and Dre Bly?

phatSkins27

I just wanted to point out something that occured to me with the Dre Bly trade. First I would like to say I know Bly and Tatum Bell was not a straight trade but that was the principles of the trade. I also would like to say that I Love the fact that CP is a redskin and I believe one of the top 3 backs in the league.

But, for all those who said we over paid for him well since being traded Champ has been probably the best CB in the league and remember that second round pick we sent with Champ? The Denver Broncos selected Tatum Bell with that pick.

Since he was used to acquire Dre Bly, kinda makes it look like the Skins recieved Clinton Portis for not one but two Pro Bowl CornerBacks. Like I said I absolutely love CP but for a team that had and has Ladell Betts and all the RBs for cheap on the market, it does make you think.

:logo:

Excellent post. :applause: I've been saying the same things to my other redskin friends. Our FO has been punked by the Broncos and everyone is looking to get a sucker deal with us.

And no wonder Bly wants to come here! I'd come to club med skins too. Big paydays, foolish FO,..everyone wants an easy payday.

And..the thread sarters initial post isn't hindsight. Everyone knows premier CB are worth more then RB. EVERYONE EXCEPT THE SKINS FO!!AND WE GAVE THEM A SECOND ROUND PICK TOO??? Please!!!!!!!!!!

We've made some really bad mistakes over the years and they have been well-documented. Whenever we were on the verge of becoming a good team, we brought in a bunch of overpayed, underperforming players and let good ones go. Brad Johnson, Stephen Davis, Champ, Pierce, Smoot, Clark. We've given up way too many draft picks for little or no gain, or for negative (Lloyd). Yes, we've made some very very bad mistakes. Let's move forward.

but then again if we kept champ

say good bye to sean taylor because we would have drafted a offensive player (kellen winslow) which would also mean no chris cooley

i like Portis+cooley+taylor more then i like Bailey+Winslow+Drafted 3rd round RB

:cheers:

Champ DID NOT WANT TO REMAIN IN WASHINGTON.

Oh I agree, it would have been a fair trade had it just been Champ for Portis strait up. But sending all those other picks along with Champ to Denver was like being turned up side down and shaken by a big bully for spare change and bubble gum. In other words, we got mugged.

The trade of Portis for Bailey hasn't changed since the day it was made.

Would any team trade a Top 5 runner for a Top 5 corner and consider the team with the runner to have gotten the bad end. No. While corner can be considered harder to find than runner, we had two guys already found. Once found, it is pretty fair to say the better runners in the game are more valuable to the better corners in the game.

In our case, we found Springs, who played BETTER than Champ while also improving our running back situation. We made out like gangbusters.

I will never understand why everyone wants to forget the fact that Bailey really really really wanted to be a non-redskin when he was traded....

He wanted out of the organization, period. It doesn't matter what we may have done after that because he would have gone away in free agency or some other way...

Archived