Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DRAFT 07 Call me CRAZY

flock53

...Im sold on what Betts can do as a full time starter and Portis is damaged goods with a bad shoulder....

You're out of your tree guy.

1) You're sold on a Back that fumbled the ball 5 games in a row with 4 lost fumbles of the five he coughed up.

2) You're calling a potential HOFer in Portis damaged goods. He has played with a damaged shoulder for most of his career. Durability? I think CP has proven that he is durable not to mention a much more complete player than Betts. Betts is a horrible, absolutely horrible, blocker and that includes in the screen game as well as pass pro.

Lastly, don't make false statements. CP didn't blame the coaches, he blamed the way in which the pre-season was handled. He is a guy that speaks his mind, but he has never been disrespectful.

By the way, we should pick up a stud DE in the draft and we're set. If all goes well, we will keep the draft the way it is (with the #6 pick) and shop some of our more expendable/tradeable' players for 2nd and 3rd rounders. This is just my opinion with regard to the draft. Betts is a #2 Back in Washington. He may be a starter on a scrub franchise team, but in D.C. I want a complete Back not a guy who can't block and coughs the ball up. Betts is a class act, but he has a lot to improve upon. :2cents:

HTTR

Trade #6 and Brandon Lloyd to the Browns for #3 and the best lower RD pick you can sqeeze out of them. We can grab Calvin Johnson and the Brownies can still get Adrian Petersen. THEN trade Portis and next years 1st RD to the Texans for #8 and a 4th RD (#103). We could then trade #8 down to #15 (Pit) and get a 3rd RD (#77). At #15 we grab DE Adam Carriker and at #77 you grab RB/FB Brian Leonard and you still have a 4th rounder to add some depth at WR or LB/DB. REASONS: a) #6 is a tweener pick and Calvin IS a sure thing (no Westbrook here), B) Carriker is a versital DL, playin DE on run downs and can move inside also. c) Im sold on what Betts can do as a full time starter and Portis is damaged goods with a bad shoulder and I didnt like him blaming the coaches for his injury, if pre-season is so unimportant, then WHY would you chase the guy down to make a tackle?? Leonard can both play FB and RB, has very good hands and can be the back up. We also need to re-sign Jeff Posey, Vernon Fox and Todd Wade. Maybe sign FB BJ Askew or A. Thomas.

You asked for it....

YOUR CRAZY!!!

Theres absolutely ZERO chance of the Browns accepting a deal in which the 6th pick and Lloyd is enough to move up to 3... and on top of that you want them to throw in a pick... get real. Its not even enough just to move up!!!

Trade #6 and Brandon Lloyd to the Browns for #3 and the best lower RD pick you can sqeeze out of them. We can grab Calvin Johnson and the Brownies can still get Adrian Petersen. THEN trade Portis and next years 1st RD to the Texans for #8 and a 4th RD (#103). We could then trade #8 down to #15 (Pit) and get a 3rd RD (#77). At #15 we grab DE Adam Carriker and at #77 you grab RB/FB Brian Leonard and you still have a 4th rounder to add some depth at WR or LB/DB. REASONS: a) #6 is a tweener pick and Calvin IS a sure thing (no Westbrook here), B) Carriker is a versital DL, playin DE on run downs and can move inside also. c) Im sold on what Betts can do as a full time starter and Portis is damaged goods with a bad shoulder and I didnt like him blaming the coaches for his injury, if pre-season is so unimportant, then WHY would you chase the guy down to make a tackle?? Leonard can both play FB and RB, has very good hands and can be the back up. We also need to re-sign Jeff Posey, Vernon Fox and Todd Wade. Maybe sign FB BJ Askew or A. Thomas.

Great idea then lets trade taylor, moss, campbell, betts, Fletch, rogers, carter, randle el we could have like 34785478754567546 draft busts....now back to reality I hope someone smacks u in the forehead with a wiffle ball bat :doh:

Can I call you stupid? :doh:

I'm not gonna stop you.

That scenario is, um, a little out there. I could sit here and pick apart each suggestion, but I think that's pretty much already been done.

So, I'll just move on back to reality and forget about this thread.

Archived