Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DRAFT 07 Call me CRAZY

flock53

i know.. damaged goods my ass. when other teams think about playing the redskins the first person they think about havin to stop is portis. some would say moss but the redskins have always been a running football team.. pound the football. and don't rule out lloyd guys.. brunell didn't get him the balll last year cause it was always a screen and campbell didn't have much time with his recievers... lloyd is gonna be the real deall.

Man you guys really think Portis can walk on water. Bad shoulder is bad news, maybe he makes me eat my words BUT I bet he shys away from lowering it before contact, his pass blocking tails off and maybe some extra fumbles. Some have a short memory when it comes to Betts and his what 5 or 6 consecutive 100+ games

Screw all this.

What we need to do is sign every available assistant coach being considered for head coaching positions as soon as possible every offseason.

Right now we should already have Marty, Norv, Phillips, Tomlin, Grimm and a few others, lol.

Then, in a couple years when there are no good available coaches out there for other teams to go after we can pull a Raiders move and sell off the coaches for 2 or more first round draft picks each like when the Bucs paid with picks for Gruden. This is guaranteed to work since there is no salary cap on coaches and Snyder is all about spending the bucks.

We are already 1/2 way there with a handful of former head coaches on the staff. They just need to be more aggressive like they were in 04 and last season. :D

Man you guys really think Portis can walk on water. Bad shoulder is bad news, maybe he makes me eat my words BUT I bet he shys away from lowering it before contact, his pass blocking tails off and maybe some extra fumbles. Some have a short memory when it comes to Betts and his what 5 or 6 consecutive 100+ games

Much like the short memory you are exhibiting by not answering the questions posed to you in this thread?

Yeah and don't forget about Betts fumbles. especially the 2 that cost us the Rams and Giants games. :applause:

Much like the short memory you are exhibiting by not answering the questions posed to you in this thread?
Well enlighten me w/ your knowledge. How much cap space do we have? How much$$ will the #3 player v/s #6 player comand? Do you know how much of these players in question bonuses will be accelerated and what the new cap number would be??? HMMMM. IM just saying Calvin Johnson would be a great pick. We dont have a reciever that we can throw a fade pattern to or provide height disadvatages in the red zone. AND Im sorry that I dont believe in Portis health and have liked what Ive seen in Betts.

Yeah and don't forget about Betts fumbles. especially the 2 that cost us the Rams and Giants games. :applause:
I didnt forget Portis fumbles in a Giants came when they crushed us OR was that caused by Mara's spirit after his passing

Well enlighten me w/ your knowledge. How much cap space do we have? How much$$ will the #3 player v/s #6 player comand? Do you know how much of these players in question bonuses will be accelerated and what the new cap number would be??? HMMMM. IM just saying Calvin Johnson would be a great pick. We dont have a reciever that we can throw a fade pattern to or provide height disadvatages in the red zone. AND Im sorry that I dont believe in Portis health and have liked what Ive seen in Betts.

First off, since you are presenting the theory the burden of proof as to how your theory would work falls on you...not the rest of us to show you the numbers involved. Secondly, if you search through a few threads in here you'll find all the numbers you are requesting. Finally I will start you off in the right direction before the Smoot and Fletcher signings we were rumored to be about $10 million under the cap. What you are purposing is accelerating Lloyd and Portis's contracts onto that cap immediately. Furthermore you purpose attempting to sign the #3 and #15 (approximately) overall picks within that same cap room. If you can do all that with $10 million bucks you should be a GM somewhere in the NFL not on a messageboard.

Portis is still only 25. He has alot of tread left in him. You have a short memory as Betts has been more injury prone in his career than CP. You essentially want to trade our 1st this year AND next year, screwing up the 07 draft to move up 3 spots, assuming the Browns would actually want Lloyd. And I don't want to draft a player at 3 and only use him on fade routes. Then you think we would be able to get the 8th pick on top of this while moving down twice. You spent way too much time figuring that one out for nothing.

I didnt forget Portis fumbles in a Giants came when they crushed us OR was that caused by Mara's spirit after his passing

We lost to the Giants 19-3. It didn't matter if CP fumbled. Boonell couldn't move the ball. We lost in OT to the Rams and Betts fumbled away the potential game winning FG. Betts cost us a score when he fumbled and they almost ran it back and luckily ended with only a FG. But a 10 point swing and we lost by 6.

When I started reading that scenario my head started to hurt. You left out Sonny coming out of the booth to be Qb.
Im a little confused? You act like Im saying to trade for some "over the hill" (like yourself) playa. OH Mngmt already did that with Brunell, who was gonna be released by JAX. Part of the reason were hurting for picks this year. OH yeah, tradin a shut down corner AND a pick for a back, then another pick for Duckett. Better senerio wouldve been to trade Bailey to ATL(wher he played college) and who was in the market(draft D. Hall) for Duckett and probably GOTTEN a pick instead. Not to mention Gibbs relationship w/ Mr Blank.

OH Mngmt already did that with Brunell, who was gonna be released by JAX. Part of the reason were hurting for picks this year.

Nope, but why let facts get in the way when you're trying to prove a point...the Brunell deal has absolutely no impact on our draft picks this year. That was 2004. It is in no way why we are hurting for picks this year.

Im a little confused? You act like Im saying to trade for some "over the hill" (like yourself) playa.

The guy is a hell of a lot sharper than you are, evidently. I mean we're talking his Darrell Green to your Ryan Leaf. He's just making a statement about the general improbability and stupidity of your little proposal :doh:

OH Mngmt already did that with Brunell, who was gonna be released by JAX. Part of the reason were hurting for picks this year. OH yeah, tradin a shut down corner AND a pick for a back, then another pick for Duckett. Better senerio wouldve been to trade Bailey to ATL(wher he played college) and who was in the market(draft D. Hall) for Duckett and probably GOTTEN a pick instead. Not to mention Gibbs relationship w/ Mr Blank.

Nice what-if. You know we could have had Trent Green at QB, Pierce at MLB, Smoot for the past two years, Champ, Coles at WR, and Betts at RB and still be playing no better than we did last season :rolleyes:

First off, since you are presenting the theory the burden of proof as to how your theory would work falls on you...not the rest of us to show you the numbers involved. Secondly, if you search through a few threads in here you'll find all the numbers you are requesting. Finally I will start you off in the right direction before the Smoot and Fletcher signings we were rumored to be about $10 million under the cap. What you are purposing is accelerating Lloyd and Portis's contracts onto that cap immediately. Furthermore you purpose attempting to sign the #3 and #15 (approximately) overall picks within that same cap room. If you can do all that with $10 million bucks you should be a GM somewhere in the NFL not on a messageboard.
OK probably not gonna fit the middle 1st rd pick inthat amount, besides you release Brunell who isnt needed OR worth 2nd string money either. His restructuring I heard gave them 3 million in space.

OK probably not gonna fit the middle 1st rd pick inthat amount, besides you release Brunell who isnt needed OR worth 2nd string money either. His restructuring I heard gave them 3 million in space.

:doh: You couldn't fit the Portis or Lloyd deal alone in that amount, and still have significant room to maneuver. Much less the #3 overall pick.

Secondly, Brunell just signed a much more cap friendly contract. As a starter he is done, but as a backup he's useful and valuable. If you release him in your scenario you better come up with a cool million or two more in cap space to find his replacement....unless you plan to only go with Campbell and Collins at QB.

The guy is a hell of a lot sharper than you are, evidently. I mean we're talking his Darrell Green to your Ryan Leaf. He's just making a statement about the general improbability and stupidity of your little proposal :doh:

Nice what-if. You know we could have had Trent Green at QB, Pierce at MLB, Smoot for the past two years, Champ, Coles at WR, and Betts at RB and still be playing no better than we did last season :rolleyes:

Yeah, look where not re-signing T Green got us? The Gus Ferotte years and another handful of QBs like Brad J.

:doh: You couldn't fit the Portis or Lloyd deal alone in that amount, and still have significant room to maneuver. Much less the #3 overall pick.

Secondly, Brunell just signed a much more cap friendly contract. As a starter he is done, but as a backup he's useful and valuable. If you release him in your scenario you better come up with a cool million or two more in cap space to find his replacement....unless you plan to only go with Campbell and Collins at QB.

Collins is a good enough #2, there isnt too big a dropoff between him and Brunell at this point and go and get Navarre, who wasnt tendered a contract from arizona and could be a 3

Collins is a good enough #2, there isnt too big a dropoff between him and Brunell at this point and go and get Navarre, who wasnt tendered a contract from arizona and could be a 3

I'm wondering what you base that evaluation on since Collins has not seen actual game action since around the Clinton administration.

worst idea ever...You lost me at trade Lloyd and and swap picks...with his contract hes a liability, not an asset. Second anything that says trade CP unless its for LT, Payton Manning, or Tom Brady is a nogo.
You forgot S.Alexander or L. Johnson

Archived