Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DRAFT 07 Call me CRAZY

flock53

YOUR right the front office sould sign these middle tier FRAs and go into the draft with a #6 and nothin else till the 5th RD

Are you really a Redskins fan? You don't seem like it.

Do you really think the Redskins need unproven, developmental players? Look at how long it took for Rocky to play, they don't like rookies, so draft picks mean nothing to them.

YOUR right the front office sould sign these middle tier FRAs and go into the draft with a #6 and nothin else till the 5th RD

It's better than doing what you suggest.

Your saying we should trade CP, the face of the franchise, only one year removed from the Redskins single season rushing record, for an unproven pick.

As if to go with it, your suggesting that someone will actually want B.Lloyd. Lloyd only had 23 rec. for a little over 300 yds and 0 TDs. Wow, what a BEAST! :doh:

Not to mention that astronomical cap number that would go with those two leaving, and us trying to sign two first rounders...

I'm not saying anymore, because this may be the dumbest idea ever, not to mention near impossible.

Are you really a Redskins fan? You don't seem like it.

Do you really think the Redskins need unproven, developmental players? Look at how long it took for Rocky to play, they don't like rookies, so draft picks mean nothing to them.

I would've taken Thomas Howard last year when they took McIntosh. Howard was STARTING for the Raiders

It's better than doing what you suggest.

Your saying we should trade CP, the face of the franchise, only one year removed from the Redskins single season rushing record, for an unproven pick.

As if to go with it, your suggesting that someone will actually want B.Lloyd. Lloyd only had 23 rec. for a little over 300 yds and 0 TDs. Wow, what a BEAST! :doh:

Not to mention that astronomical cap number that would go with those two leaving, and us trying to sign two first rounders...

I'm not saying anymore, because this may be the dumbest idea ever, not to mention near impossible.

CP isnt the face of the franchise, I believe that would be #17 NOW. Why look at Lloyds stats? Brunell thowing, HELLO. It would give them a young viable #2 rec.

CP isnt the face of the franchise, I believe that would be #17 NOW. Why look at Lloyds stats? Brunell thowing, HELLO. It would give them a young viable #2 rec.

I believe you'll find that position on the Browns is already filled by Kellen Winslow, or Braylon Edwards (depending on which you want to call the #1 receiving option on their team). Sorry but this is just a pipe dream, again you've failed to address the points that some of us have brought up in this scenario...how do you purpose dealing with the huge cap hit trading those two massive contracts and then signing two high draft picks would impose on this team?

I believe you'll find that position on the Browns is already filled by Kellen Winslow, or Braylon Edwards (depending on which you want to call the #1 receiving option on their team). Sorry but this is just a pipe dream, again you've failed to address the points that some of us have brought up in this scenario...how do you purpose dealing with the huge cap hit trading those two massive contracts and then signing two high draft picks would impose on this team?
Well Lloyd is a rec and Winslow a TE. As far as the cap hit, Next year (when the penalties kick in) you would have to unload other contracts like Patten, Brunell, Wynn and Arch.

Well Lloyd is a rec and Winslow a TE. As far as the cap hit, Next year (when the penalties kick in) you would have to unload other contracts like Patten, Brunell, Wynn and Arch.

Um, no one knows for certain what the cap will be back next year (although its a given it will increase over this year). I have no idea what you are even alluding to with that statement, but we certainly won't be in a position to have penalties because of being over the cap. Also Brunell has restructured to a much more cap friendly salary. Patten and Wynn will likely be gone either this year or next.

Also, I'm not sure if you're saying trading Portis and Lloyd wouldn't effect the cap until next year, but that's simply not true...their signing bonuses would accelerate onto this year's cap as they are being traded during this year.

Secondly I am aware Winslow is a TE, you simply stated the Browns needed a #2 receiver, that obviously can be either a WR or a TE.

Trade #6 and Brandon Lloyd to the Browns for #3 and the best lower RD pick you can sqeeze out of them. We can grab Calvin Johnson and the Brownies can still get Adrian Petersen. THEN trade Portis and next years 1st RD to the Texans for #8 and a 4th RD (#103). We could then trade #8 down to #15 (Pit) and get a 3rd RD (#77). At #15 we grab DE Adam Carriker and at #77 you grab RB/FB Brian Leonard and you still have a 4th rounder to add some depth at WR or LB/DB. REASONS: a) #6 is a tweener pick and Calvin IS a sure thing (no Westbrook here), B) Carriker is a versital DL, playin DE on run downs and can move inside also. c) Im sold on what Betts can do as a full time starter and Portis is damaged goods with a bad shoulder and I didnt like him blaming the coaches for his injury, if pre-season is so unimportant, then WHY would you chase the guy down to make a tackle?? Leonard can both play FB and RB, has very good hands and can be the back up. We also need to re-sign Jeff Posey, Vernon Fox and Todd Wade. Maybe sign FB BJ Askew or A. Thomas.

I won't call you crazy. Certifiable yes. Crazy No. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

This right here shows us you haven't the slightest bit of football knowledge in your rather small cranium. What are Cap Penalties? Do we get a 15 yarder against us? :doh:

Archived