Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

another 1st day pick without trading down

26fan4life

In light of the fletcher and smoot signings, I have maintained that our dline, particularly DT, should be adressed more so than any other position. I know people don't want us to sign kerney so how can we acquire a late first or an early second pick without having to trade down from #6? Maybe trade some of our 08 picks :( ? Any other ideas? This is because I would love us to draft branch at 6 and then somehow acquire another 1st day pick to get spencer/moss/moses. The question is- how can we get a second 1st day pick?

Who wouldn't like this DL?

DE: Carter

DT: Griffin

DT: Branch

DE: spencer/moss/moses

And a sturdy MLB in Fletcher to go behind that Dline... very exciting times this would create.

Moses or Spencer could be had in that late first round early 2nd range, but Moss is almost guaranteed to be gone to Pittsburgh if not earlier. Prototypical 3-4 Linebacker. Then again, all of these guys are being looked at as Linebacker prospects as well, who knows.

Maybe this is the offseason where we (finally) shake the stigma of overpaying for free agents and throwing around draft picks.

Can I be the first to think we might actually have changed our ways, and will do the smart(er) thing and trade down for picks and depth?

It would be next to impossible. The Redskins should be thankful if they can get a 7-18 pick and a 2nd rounder for the 6th pick overall.

Well it all depends on whos availble at #6,if quinn drops that far or someone else it should draw some interest in a few teams

You would expect a Rookie DL to make an impact?

Haloti Ngata sound familiar? Branch would do the same thing that he did for the Ravens this year.

Ngata is 6'4" 337 lbs and Branch is 6'6" 330lbs. A huge body in the middle taking up double teams, allowing Daniels and Carter single coverage on the outsides and opening a lane for Fletcher to own people.. Sounds like heaven to me.

I just love reading all these projected D-Lines without Golston. I swear people, what don't you guys see in Golston? In his first season as a partial starter, he pressured the QB, tackled backs in the backfield, deflected many passes, and was an overall gem.

I know we're all Skins fans, so we all want the same thing, but those of you who dont believe in Golston need to seriously watch some past games.

Branch is not the answer, we dont need him.

Haloti Ngata sound familiar? Branch would do the same thing that he did for the Ravens this year.

Ngata is 6'4" 337 lbs and Branch is 6'6" 330lbs. A huge body in the middle taking up double teams, allowing Daniels and Carter single coverage on the outsides and opening a lane for Fletcher to own people.. Sounds like heaven to me.

you beat me to it man! :cheers:

I just love reading all these projected D-Lines without Golston. I swear people, what don't you guys see in Golston? In his first season as a partial starter, he pressured the QB, tackled backs in the backfield, deflected many passes, and was an overall gem.

I know we're all Skins fans, so we all want the same thing, but those of you who dont believe in Golston need to seriously watch some past games.

Branch is not the answer, we dont need him.

QB pressure was something we never had especially from golston but nice attempt to brainwash us. And tackling backs in the backfield?? more like tackling backs DOWNFIELD - 27th rush D anyone? hmm hmmm uh hmm.

Yessir we need Branch!!! If not J.Anderson

Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,

Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,

Archived