Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

another 1st day pick without trading down

26fan4life

this years draft seems so deep with defensive talent especially d-linemen. I would be willing to think about trading a first or second next year for a late first this year.

im a little curious. which team do you think might give us a first round pick this year for our second next year.

In light of the fletcher and smoot signings, I have maintained that our dline, particularly DT, should be adressed more so than any other position. I know people don't want us to sign kerney so how can we acquire a late first or an early second pick without having to trade down from #6? Maybe trade some of our 08 picks :( ?

**** no. This is exactly the kind of thinking that got us in this mess to begin with. You know what? We're not going ot be able to adress everything this year. Im fine with that. It's the" we have to get it all done in 1 year" mentality that got us here in the first place. So stop the madness.

Get the guy that is going to help us the most AT #6, or if we get a excellent deal trade down. Then Next year we'll have all our picks, instead of having a repeat of this year, or in your senario, worse.

Was our DL play that bad? no, I don;t think so. Our DEs could not get pressure on the QB. That needs to be addressed. We have a healthy Joe Salave'a and Cornelius Griffin back. Cedric Golston will be a year better. Its DEs we need to upgrade and we can do that by trading down.

I say we have to go after Branch. I want Jamaal Anderson also, but we HAVE to plug up that inside. This crap where we not getting ANY pressure up the middle has to stop this year. Branch is a monster, Im not saying he's gonna have pro bowl season out the gate, but the guy is a beast. You can also pick a good DE in free agency or later in the draft, you cant pick up great DTs. I dont want to call Branch "Great" yet, but for the sake our DL, we cant pass on him.

I think everyone is overlooking a rookie we had last year... Kedric Golston

The kid played very well for a rookie and having to play for a pretty beat up line, he still managed to get pressure now and again. I still think he could be a viable option to rotate with Salavea/Griffin then just draft a DE

I think everyone is overlooking a rookie we had last year... Kedric Golston

The kid played very well for a rookie and having to play for a pretty beat up line, he still managed to get pressure now and again. I still think he could be a viable option to rotate with Salavea/Griffin then just draft a DE

Kedric has a bright future with us, and maybe he can be a permanent starter for us in the near future, but need to have MONSTER next to him. Branch is a monster, that with the right training, has the potential to be a Pro Bowler for us. Im tired of just having "OK" DTs, we have to have that one beast that demands double teams, that opposing teams have to plan around.

Draft LaRon Landry.....he blew every team away with his interviews, is the best defensive player available (regardless of position), and would immediately start for us at SS. Tell Arch we need to find a team that wants him, do a sign and trade (his contract is not tradeable), and hopefully get a 4th-5th round pick for him. We'll take a hit next year with some dead cap but having him riding pine is not an option.

I agree that Golston played well, we did have some problems pressuring the QB, but that's due to a number of things....Washington not practicing all season due to his hip, Carter thinking too much, etc...

Now what we really should be focusing on is a coach for Sean Taylor. Has an unlimited amount of potential but needs to learn to hit and wrap, not go for the highlight human missle shots. Also needs a brush up on the angles he takes at backs, etc...

Was our DL play that bad? no, I don;t think so. Our DEs could not get pressure on the QB. That needs to be addressed. We have a healthy Joe Salave'a and Cornelius Griffin back. Cedric Golston will be a year better. Its DEs we need to upgrade and we can do that by trading down.

we finished the year with the 27th ranked run Defense in the nfl. That alone shows how little you know about DL play

I really, really hope that the Washington Redskins do not draft Branch. He isn't a monster. He is big, yes. But he is not one of those can't miss players. In fact, he has "bust" written all over him, IMO.

He showed up to the combine out of shape. Is clumsy and not mobile and he wasn't totally consistent. I will never want a D-Lineman that doesn't have a nonstop motor. I'm hopinh they look at some other D-Lineman.

The Team would be idiots to trade away next years first rounder for a late first or high second this year when its is possible that we can finish with another high pick again.

The quick fix or we need to make a splash mindset has to end.

We are not going to fill all of the holes this year with all pros or rookies of the year types it will take TIME so lets do it Right.

Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,

Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye,Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye, Amobi Okoye,

So i guess you want us to get gaine adams?:laugh:

i am happy with golston and montgomery. golston will be a legitimate starter with skins, and montgomery will develop into a fine def tackle. i would trade the 6 to pick up a low 1 and mediums 2. that would give us some slack for good players offensively, or defensively.

look, we can trade down to 9 and get a 2nd, and still get anderson/branch/adams/carriker/

seriously, they ALL are good players. now hopefully adams goes to arizona, b/c he just doesn't suit our style cause we already got carter. So get Anderson, who has massive potential, more then any other player, and then get a DT with your 2nd.

I want us to trade down a few spots and still be able to draft Branch.

Unfortunately, what I think is going to happen is us staying at 6 and picking Jamaal Anderson. Gibbs said he wanted a guy who could contribute right away and possibly be a pro-bowler for years. Sounds like a DE to me. They might trade next years to get in the second, but I think they are going to put their trust in the Griffin/Golston/Salavea/Montgomery rotation. If Anderson is good, that rotation should work, with Carter exploding off the other end. I think they'll trade into the 4th round, or grab extra picks in the 5th round and grab depth for the TE spot and the o-line.

I'd like us to draft Branch and use next years picks to get Carriker, but I don't see it happening.

Archived