Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pat Ramsey to the 'Boys?

argentina_redskins

I know this should go in Around the NFL, but it somehow concerns the Skins in general.

This is per http://www.rotoworld.com

The Cowboys are interested in free agent Patrick Ramsey.

Dallas is looking for a veteran backup behind Tony Romo sits to pee.

It is also in The Dallas Morning News

*The Cowboys are interested in Brad Johnson and Patrick Ramsey as Tony Romo sits to pee's backup.

I hope Ramsey gives them the diss, and ends up retiring on their asses. If he soes that, there is no way the Redskins cant take him back as a 3rd string.

What possible motivation would Ramsey have to do THAT? He wasnt wanted here and is now in need of a job. He will jump at the opportunity if he gets it, and he should for that matter.

I said it before, I'll say it again.

I'd love to bring Ramsey in to Dallas.

I think working with Garrett could really help him.

I also think he is a very viable backup for Romo sits to pee who could even push him at times to start.

This can only make Romo sits to pee better.

I also think he is a very viable backup for Romo sits to pee who could even push him at times to start.

You're crazy. We can only pray that ramsey ends up on the boys. He's a statue. I truly believe he has a mechanism that shuts down his brain when faced with a pass rush. It doesn't matter who he works with, he'll always struggle with his feet. The guy doesn't have the quick decision-making skills to get it done at this level.

Ramsey may yet rise to many of our early hopes for him. I will never wish ill for him.

I have the same feelings about him. If this does happen, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a strange, ironic, twist of fate and he ends up owning us on a last second drive.

No, that would truly suck. Then again Ramsey did beat a GW defense in his first action.

5 Rings .. As a skins fan I hope the PRam does sign on because he seems a stand up guy with a lot of tallent BUT I don't think tallent is the issue I think there is nothing in the fundementals of his action or any questioning his nerve in the pocket but some players just cannot put it all together and he gets rattled in games and simply cannot function.

Now if this was the NFL of say 20 years ago where you could work not so much on a players abillity to play the game and more on thier confidence PRam could be a late blooming starter but no team these days has that luxury anymore ...hell teams have only just started protecting their 1st round pick QB after what it did for Carlson Palmer and Philip Rivers.

He should be picked up somewhere and he can play well in spot duty but for my money I would go for Johnson... he is a fantasitc game manager like a right handed Brunell... though that in itself would not be a selling point

What are you smokin'

Right and I'm sure the whole time he was here in DC you were saying, man some day that Pat Ramsey would be a great fit for us. Now that he's on the Puke's radar it's a case of he's not too bad actually and might be a good fit. You puke fans never cease to amaze! :dallasuck

I'd rather they sign Johnson. Ramsey may be a statue but he has one of the strongest arms I have seen. With proper coaching, he could be a really good player. It would be funny if when Tony Romo sits to pee shows Brokeback Nation he is not even close to being a franchise QB that Ramsey takes over and ends up having a solid career there.

it's funny that fans keep saying that Ramsey could be great given the right 'situation' and yet no matter what coach or team he plays for they always seem to give up on him :)

I wonder why that is? Perhaps because the fans here have overrated him since he was drafted?

Remember in that 2002 draft a lot of NFL personnel guys had Ramsey rated as a late #2 or #3 draft choice. A few had him as a middle pick.

The fact the Redskins took him at #32 overall may just be a symptom of the failings of this FO and an indication that Ramsey is indeed just a backup quality player in the NFL.

Archived