Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone heard why Anderson decided not to work out?

mistertim

Hey everyone,

Has anyone here who is watching today heard them mention any reason for Jamaal Anderson not working out? From previous interviews it seemed like he was certainly planning on it since he was estimating his 40 time, etc. It is unfortunate and makes me wonder what the deal is.

probably because he knows he is a top pick and he has nothing to gain.

Well I remember in an interview he said he was confident he could run the 40 between 4.5 and 4.7. If he ran a 4.6 40 at 6'6 288 that would be pretty freakish an I'd think it would easily put him at the #1 DE spot. I suppose he either knows he might not run it that well or he thinks he will be picked very early anyway. It is just frustrating because I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do.

He's slow and can't bench press ... look at BQuinn ... he benched 24 times ... do you want a defensive end who can't left as well as a QB? As I've said before all of the elite defensive lineman likely to be available at 6 are so-so. If the Skins stay at 6 and want to go DL ... they should take Adam Carriker who will be better than any of the 3 so-called "studs" (Adams, Branch and Anderson).

He's slow and can't bench press ... look at BQuinn ... he benched 24 times ... do you want a defensive end who can't left as well as a QB? As I've said before all of the elite defensive lineman likely to be available at 6 are so-so. If the Skins stay at 6 and want to go DL ... they should take Adam Carriker who will be better than any of the 3 so-called "studs" (Adams, Branch and Anderson).

Wait how do you know he can't bench press? It isn't like Adams where he did everything but the bench press. He apparently isn't doing any workouts. As far as "slow" I sort of doubt that seeing how many sacks he had this past year. He might not be as fast as Adams but I'm sure he isn't bad.

You'll have to wait a few more years for that :)

Especially if he ends up on the skins....

That's not necessarily true.

Incompetence and politics by coaches holding rookie players back isn't gonna work anymore with the media and fans on their azzes especially Czaban and other members on Comcast

In regards to the bench press, tall lanky guys with long arms are at a disadvantage to short, barrel body guys with short arms.

Besides, what does the bench press mean in terms of playing football?

I mean, Arch Deluxe has his own workout videos and flings barbells up into the air. He couldn't play worth **** last year.

Andre Carter is ripped like an action figure. But until mid-season, he was performing beneath the level of Renaldo Wynn.

But if bench presses are your thing, Tank Tyler did like 42 reps, and will likely slip into Round Two. Trade down maybe?

It's noticeable to me that they aren't really hyping up Anderson on the NFL network. Their draft person said he doesn't rate Anderson as high as others -- and ranks him below Adams, Jarvis Moss, and Carriker.

Is there any specific reason he gave for putting him below all 3 of those guys? I'd think leading the SEC in sacks and being 2nd in tackles for loss would at least give him a #2 spot.

Wait how do you know he can't bench press? It isn't like Adams where he did everything but the bench press. He apparently isn't doing any workouts. As far as "slow" I sort of doubt that seeing how many sacks he had this past year. He might not be as fast as Adams but I'm sure he isn't bad.

B/c it pails in comparison to CJ's 322 reps of 700lbs, his 2.3 40 time, red cape and flashy blue tights. Did I mention CJ can cure cancer too?

Archived