Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norv is now the man in SD (per sirius nfl radio)

cavs9

I think AJ Smiths head is exploding. He has such a huge EGO right now, that he even thinks its his talent that will win the games and Norv will just improve the offense. He doesn't understand the fact that the players don't listen to Norv when he's the HC. He doesn't fire a team up, he doesn't discipline a team enough, and he doesn't win the big games enough (even the reg season big games).

AJ Smith is about to learn the hard way that a coach is more important than the talent.

I think AJ Smiths head is exploding. He has such a huge EGO right now, that he even thinks its his talent that will win the games and Norv will just improve the offense. He doesn't understand the fact that the players don't listen to Norv when he's the HC. He doesn't fire a team up, he doesn't discipline a team enough, and he doesn't win the big games enough (even the reg season big games).

AJ Smith is about to learn the hard way that a coach is more important than the talent.

I agree, that guy seems to have a huge ego. It almost seems that he brought in Norv so that he could control him because he wants to be the HC. But thats just plain silly. :paranoid:

If Norval can't win with this team he will never win as a HC and should be put out to pasture as a HC candidate.

But I think this could work out for a year or two and give SD a run. Especially if they can get a strong DC. Norv and Marty are polar opposites in discipline and offense. Maybe this is what that team needed. They may have started to tune Marty out (as seems to happen with disciplinarians). Who knows. But I don't see this working out long term as Norv's club med approach will eventually kill that team.

']I wonder if this drops Tomlinson's value as a fantasy RB? Hey' date=' only five more months until fantasy drafts start. Have to think about these things.[/quote']

I doubt it. If there is one thing Norv does it is churn out great fantasy backs. LT will still put up huge numbers but Norv will transform Phillip Rivers into a puddle of jelly. I predict a 6-2 start to next season for them with a 9-7 final record and at his year end press conference he will say he is so proud of his team because they competed to the end.

Archived