Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norv is now the man in SD (per sirius nfl radio)

cavs9

The Chargers won't replicate what they had last year, but they have a lot of talent on that team and will probably add to it come draft time. If the Chargers can get someone like Rivera to run the defense they should at least win a few games. Close games and playoff games is where Norv will display his lack of head coaching ability.

Charger Fan has got be feeling "Norvous" right aout now...poor ****s have no idea about the sad sack postgame routines they are in for...

I think the real story now is who does he bring in to run the D - Ryan or Cottrell?

I completely disagree heck look what he was able to do in Oakland with that crap.

Think about this if Norv can make Phillip take that next step, this team with a very good QB, LT, and their D is going to be sick.

yeah, he took a team 2 years away from the Superbowl to the awesome seasons 5-11 then 4-12

:rolleyes:

true but at least the competed instead of the team this year :laugh: :laugh:

the funny thing is if he wins a superbowl in SD then redskin and dallas fans will never be able to complain about him again :)

he started to learn how to win here and then Danny took over :(

the funny thing is if he wins a superbowl in SD then redskin and dallas fans will never be able to complain about him again :)

I know that it's early in 2007, but I nominate this for dumbest post of the year. What's that now Booma? 3 or 4 years running? :laugh:

Yeah 1996 was a great year for the Skins, and oh yeah wasnt he 7-6 before he was fired.

They are now starting from square negative one....Makes our redskin organization look Like Chess champions. Lets spit in our 14-2 Head coaches face with a half assed extention...chase away all his assistants...and start over...New system...new chemistry ...good players....Good Luck San Diego...you need it.

Don't be so quick to predict clouds of doom hovering over San Diego. I think Turner will be successful in San Diego because he can only be successful when he has what he had in Dallas:

(a) an abundance of talent at the skill positions

(B) a strong general manager who has the final say on coordinators and position coaches

© a competent defensive coordinator (i.e., Norv didn't pick him)

Look for the Chargers to make it well past the first round of the playoffs next season. Turner's going to light it up with his play-calling now that he has Tomlinson and a great offense at his disposal. And, just to note, the offense the Chargers have been running the last few years is the one he implemented when he was there as O-Coordinator.

So what do people think? Are the chargers going to crash and burn? Or will they do well? I think they are in for some bad times personally. Depends on how much Norv has to do head coachy things.

Norv's worst problem is he's a yes-man for owners. He had the Skins in the playoffs, a soon-to-be Super Bowl QB, and a brusing back playing Redskins football. What does Snyder do? He plays over-the-hill fantasy football with our favorite NFL team, mortagages the team's future for the first time, and benches Johnson for Jeff George.

I have no idea why Norv catches Snyder's rub around here other than he didn't tell the boss "Hell, no."

Norv can do fine. It looks like the reason he ain't in Dallas is because he finally grew a backbone and told *Jerry* the way the team should be run. Jerry said forget it; the Chargers said bring it on. Good for Norv.

Btw, why isn't this Stadium worthy? It's an ex-Skins coach. That's enough for me.

They are now starting from square negative one....Makes our redskin organization look Like Chess champions. Lets spit in our 14-2 Head coaches face with a half assed extention...chase away all his assistants...and start over...New system...new chemistry ...good players....Good Luck San Diego...you need it.

no they are keeping things in place, it is the same offense as last year, and with the hiring of the new DC the defense is the same

this move all points to Rivers and how SD must have thought he did not improve enought, now with Norv can take him to the next level

this is a very smart way for SD to keep both systems the same

I know that it's early in 2007, but I nominate this for dumbest post of the year. What's that now Booma? 3 or 4 years running? :laugh:

and how is that

if we wins a superbowl then skins fans would like wrong about how they feel of him and Danny was the reason why he failed, we were a make fg away from advancing to the nfc championship and then next year they bring in the overpriced crew, we were close

I'm more than willing to take that chance.

In general, taking 7 years to learn how to do anything is grounds for dismissal, not praise. And apparently he needed remedial courses by the time he got to Oakland.

Please don't blame Norv's ineptitude on Snyder. If anything Danny should have booted him the moment the ink was dry on the deal buying the team.

I'm more than willing to take that chance.

In general, taking 7 years to learn how to do anything is grounds for dismissal, not praise. And apparently he needed remedial courses by the time he got to Oakland.

Please don't blame Norv's ineptitude on Snyder. If anything Danny should have booted him the moment the ink was dry on the deal buying the team.

It took 7 years because of the mistake at QB once he had a decent QB we were a good team. Not all of the skins mistakes where his fault. As soon he figured out who to win then Danny gives him a bunch of washed up players. I think we would have been better off not making those moves and see what happened.

Oakland was going to be a mistake from the beginning no QB, Randy Moss, and Al Davis.

Archived