Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inside the organization

USS Redskins

I have a buddy who's mother in law works in the front office. She is not an insider or anything but gets some juicy tidbits she passes along every once in a while.

Well, she told my buddy that (like 2004 when Gibbs returned) you shouldnt be suprised to see a major QB deal made along with the corner everyone is talking about and a D-lineman in Free Agency.

Just passing along the good old rumor.

Wow, from a dude in kentucky......shakes head. Anyways, I really never believe any of these my mom's cousin's brother stories:secret: anymore. Sorry.

i never did until i saw the post about a 3 team deal back in august.....and we killed the poster for that.....a week later we had TJ and lost afew picks you know the rest.......

so i must say i cant discount 100%, but maybe 97%

I have a buddy who's mother in law works in the front office. She is not an insider or anything but gets some juicy tidbits she passes along every once in a while.

Well, she told my buddy that (like 2004 when Gibbs returned) you shouldnt be suprised to see a major QB deal made along with the corner everyone is talking about and a D-lineman in Free Agency.

We already have a Qb what major Qb deal would we need to make???

I was wondering the same thing about the QB deal. It would nice if Brunell restructured his contract to better the skins and the cap. Since I don't think the skins will trade with any team what QB is out there that Gibbs thinks is better then a healthy MB? Someone who knows the offense and Gibbs likes.

More and more sources are reporting on the CB from Buffalo coming here.

What DE could they be specifically talking about? I really hope the skins still go DE in the draft.

I was wondering the same thing about the QB deal. It would nice if Brunell restructured his contract to better the skins and the cap. Since I don't think the skins will trade with any team what QB is out there that Gibbs thinks is better then a healthy MB? Someone who knows the offense and Gibbs likes.
Damon Huard. It's not Plummer.

I could believe that it's Huard, or Plummer. Saunders is familiar Plummer, not sure about Huard (did he play for K.C. when Al was there?). While Plummer didn't play for Saunders, Saunders still played against him twice a year. With Kubiak in Houston, and unhappy with Carr, you'd think that Plummer was sure to go there though.

Maybe Carr?

Damon Huard. It's not Plummer.

yeah that'd be most likely, but i don't know why they'd do that, unless they're planning on cutting Mark or Todd. Don't know if Al would let them get rid of Collins whose basically an extra coach now anyway, or why Damon Huard would leave K.C. to go somewhere else he can't start, I'd rather be playing behind 46 year old trent Green then an up and coming QB in this town.

^^

It's Jake Plummer.

I'd be shocked if that happened. Jake is going to the Texans and play for Kubiak I think. I also have a hard time believing that Joe is looking to supplant Jason with another QB. That would be a mistake IMO. Jason has shown more than enough IMO to warrant keeping him the starter for next season.

Am I the only one that's reading this as 3 year old information?

i'd actually believe this one, sure there has been praise for Campbell, but not overwhelming praise as is characteristic of Gibbs. It's like the offseason when he declared Ramsey the starter, something still felt fishy.

Agreed. I am 100% convinced that they will bring in Damon Huard or Plummer to replace Campbell if they don't just do it with Brunell.

i'd actually believe this one, sure there has been praise for Campbell, but not overwhelming praise as is characteristic of Gibbs. It's like the offseason when he declared Ramsey the starter, something still felt fishy.

Difference with Patrick is that he was a 3rd year QB and Brunell still beat him out. And also which may be the most IMPORTANT difference is that Joe Gibbs didn't hand pick Ramsey, he did personally select Jason Campbell. I think he believes in Jason for the long haul and if he doesn't than I guess you'll see someone else in there, but I doubt he gives up on Campbell any time soon.

Archived