Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inside the organization

USS Redskins

yeah that'd be most likely, but i don't know why they'd do that, unless they're planning on cutting Mark or Todd. Don't know if Al would let them get rid of Collins whose basically an extra coach now anyway, or why Damon Huard would leave K.C. to go somewhere else he can't start, I'd rather be playing behind 46 year old trent Green then an up and coming QB in this town.
My opinion is that Huard is actually a perfect hybrid of Brunell and Collins. He has more experience in the system and knows it well like Collins. However, he is also capable of coming in and still being a quality starter. He FAR outperformed Brunell last year. He is also three years younger than them. IMO, Huard is a younger, better hybrid of our current backups, and would be a good candidate based on his relationship with Saunders . Huard gives us the ability to cut BOTH Brunell and Collins without losing anything and opens a spot for a young guy like Bramlet or (insert late round pick/UDFA here) to be groomed to perhaps be a solid backup in a couple years.

If JG goes out and gets a QB to start over Jason Campbell, I would call him a very stupid man. I love the guy as he has brought 3 SB championships to our team, but it would negate him choosing JC with a 1st round pick. JC is ready to lead this team. His time is now. All I can say is it ain't going to happen. JG wouldn't have made a move like he did last season to do a 360 for the upcoming season.

I don't believe the QB part, but I'll play along...

Plummers contract with the Broncos ends in 2009... no more trades or draft picks. Period.

Huard had 2 years under Saunders... he won't want to come here unless 1. He's at least the backup 2. We pay him more than anybody else and he sits at 3rd string. Which would mean MB or TC are cut... either way.

I can't believe we would trade or demote JC. The best I can see out of this is Huard being the backup.

Huard is a guy who threw 11 TD's and 1 INT with a 98 rating last season while going 5-3 as the Chiefs' starter.

He is a veteran, knows Saunders' system and doesn't turn the ball over, which of course, is a characteristic that Gibbs loves in a qb. Gibbs love veteran qbs and IF Brunell is not going to be on the roster, I doubt that he is going to go into next season with Campbell as the starter and Collins as the primary backup.

Huard has only been with KC for one year and that was last year so he has no experience with Sauders. This is JC team and he should be getting all the reps in training camp and Collins, IMO is being paid to help him with the Sauder's OF scheme.

Who knows, maybe the QB will be Garcia. Or maybe we are dealing for Vilma, and Ramsey is part of the package. Huard isn't a big enough of a name to get the "major" label. Isn't Collins a free agent now? I thought we only signed him for one year.

Collins is signed for the upcoming season.

Huard has only been with KC for one year and that was last year so he has no experience with Sauders. This is JC team and he should be getting all the reps in training camp and Collins, IMO is being paid to help him with the Sauder's OF scheme.
Huard was with Saunders in KC for two years. He was signed by KC in 2004.

While I don't believe this rumor for a minute, if Denver release's Jake Plummer and he then signs with Hou. that may, MAY, leave Carr open as trade bait. Now Carr who is all of 27-28? years old would cost way more then Betts straight up, we're talking a minimum of next years 2nd as well, and that would be to much to spend for a good back up. If a deal like this is done then Gibbs is making a move at the starter position. With the way JC finished off the season it would be hard to justify such a move.

Plummer is out of the question, Gibbs wouldn't make it through the first preseason drive without suffering a heart attack watching Plummer play. If Gibbs felt uncomfortable with Ramsey there is no way in Gibbs world Plummer will ever play for the Redskins. Huard is a career backup thus I wouldn't say it is a major deal getting him, if we did he would only be playign if injuries come about.

While I don't believe this rumor for a minute, if Denver release's Jake Plummer and he then signs with Hou. that may, MAY, leave Carr open as trade bait. Now Carr who is all of 27-28? years old would cost way more then Betts straight up, we're talking a minimum of next years 2nd as well, and that would be to much to spend for a good back up.

Word out of Houston is that they were shopping Carr for a 3rd round pick at the Senior Bowl. Some believe they will take a 4th.

If there is any truth to any of these rumors, I hope it is to sign Huard and cut both Brunell and Collins. I really can't see Gibbs cutting Brunell though.

who is the d-linemen that were going to go after?

I hope it's DE Charles Grant. That would give us the option to draft Branch, or give Anderson or Okoye time to develop. We could also consider trading down for MLB Patrick Willis.

If we can somehow find the cap space to sign Clements and Grant, the draft becomes wide-open as far as what we can do.

yeah that'd be most likely, but i don't know why they'd do that, unless they're planning on cutting Mark or Todd. Don't know if Al would let them get rid of Collins whose basically an extra coach now anyway, or why Damon Huard would leave K.C. to go somewhere else he can't start, I'd rather be playing behind 46 year old trent Green then an up and coming QB in this town.

Problem with that is, who is saying he would come in and be a backup to JC. I'm sure the only way he comes is to compete for the starting job. I know people will hate this but exactly what has JC done to annoint him a starter without a competition. I think JC has potential but he didn't come in last year and show he deserves to just show up and be the starter. He was only effective because our running game took off.

Joe has always had a very capable back up on his teams to push the starter to perform, just look back at his first tenure, every year you felt there was a qb controversey. JC isn't worried about MB taking his job, definitely not worried about TC taking his job, maybe JG wants someone here to push JC harder.

Who knows, only speculation with this organization.

If JG goes out and gets a QB to start over Jason Campbell, I would call him a very stupid man. I love the guy as he has brought 3 SB championships to our team, but it would negate him choosing JC with a 1st round pick. JC is ready to lead this team. His time is now. All I can say is it ain't going to happen. JG wouldn't have made a move like he did last season to do a 360 for the upcoming season.

Why not? why not put JC in and see if you really think he can lead the team. He did the exact same thing with Patrick Ramsey in his first year, and you know what, Patrick played better than Jason and was gone the next year to. Yes, Jason showed some potential, but like my last post, not enough to just hand him the starting job and not allow him to compete for it and prove he deserves to lead this team.

Why not? why not put JC in and see if you really think he can lead the team. He did the exact same thing with Patrick Ramsey in his first year, and you know what, Patrick played better than Jason and was gone the next year to. Yes, Jason showed some potential, but like my last post, not enough to just hand him the starting job and not allow him to compete for it and prove he deserves to lead this team.

I think Campbell has way more potential than Ramsey though. Why not let Jason go into the offseason knowing he's the starter? Put his mind at ease knowing that he can concentrate more on the offense and chemistry with the starting unit. Lets just see what this kid can do for a whole season starting under center.

Ramsey was shaky in preseason that year and him getting wollaped by Briggs in the opener gave Gibbs a reason to Brunell in. The only game I remember Ramsey actually playing well in, was against Tennesse when Spurrier was the coach. JC showed good poise in the pocket. Good awareness of where to go with the ball and that was something Ramsey never showed. We need to have a leader at QB. Enough of the merry-go-round at the position. I'm tired of the Jurgenson-Kilmer, Kilmer-Theismann, Schroeder-Williams, Williams-Rypien, Shuler-Frerotte, George-Johnson, Ramsey-Brunell, Campbell- Brunell CRAP. Put JC in and let him go. We're not going to the SB this year anyway, so give him a 1 year audition. Make or break. I think he'll make. Kid's got balls. See him break 3 tackles against the Giants when he was all but sacked? Potential is there. I like him.

I know people will hate this but exactly what has JC done to annoint him a starter without a competition.

What did Rypien do to annoint him the starter in '89? We were 7-9 the year before, and Williams was the same age as Brunell. What did Brunell do last year to win the competition as the starter? If you go by stats, that would be Collins.

There is no QB competition. Gibbs ALWAYS starts with the QB who ended with the season the year before. It happened in '85,'86,'87,'88,'89,'05,'06 and will happen again in '07.

Archived