Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When will the world end?

WVUforREDSKINS

Well, the biggest problem is that Ben Affleck will be in his mid 60s by then, and Bruce Willis will be in his 80s. I don't think that they'll be able to fly their rocket ship at that age, much less drill the hole.

I've got it covered. We don't need no stinking drilling rig.

But no, clearly the fifth trumpet must be Saddam Hussein, because we happen to have been around when it happened. :rolleyes:

Name one other time in the past where people said "THIS EVENT WAS THE 5TH TRUMPET" where the name Saddam or another synonym was used because it says him name right there........

And just for the record I feel that WWI was one of the prior trumpets too......I can corralate the events and destruction in that war with the word pretty nicely.

Name one other time in the past where people said "THIS EVENT WAS THE 5TH TRUMPET" where the name Saddam or another synonym was used because it says him name right there........

Neither you nor I can even begin to imagine the number of times it has probably happened. This is likely the eleventy-billionth time that some bad guy with a cool nickname, barely worthy of mention in the annals of history, has lit stuff on fire or been in power when some volcano blew.

A few dead birds fall out of the sky, and boom -- you have yourself a trumpet.

Hey, take a look at this artistic print of Conan the Destroyer from 1984 -- years before the Gulf War! Can you see the fire and smoke imagery, and appreciate how those prehistoric birds would have been described as locusts to an unsophisticated band of followers?

Talk about woe -- how 'bout the guy whose blood is all over that sword? And as a bonus, the name Destroyer is right there!

Conan the Destroyer: The Fifth Trumpet

ctd001.gif

And just for the record I feel that WWI was one of the prior trumpets too......I can corralate the events and destruction in that war with the word pretty nicely.

I will look up that info. I have books on it and have the interest.

Do you have any proof that Saddam means destroyer other than this dude you are quoting?

Also, can you define your view point. I am assuming that you are dispensational but not a pure dispensationalist (they believe there are no signs leading up to the "rapture"). I also assume you are post-trib or mid-trib.

Lastly, can you explain to me Revelation 1:1, 1:3, and 22:10 in reference to the time texts. In addition why do you believe there is an indefinite gap between the 69th and 70th weeks of Daniel?

I know that is asking a lot but I want to understand your position as well as possible. Thank you.

I will look up that info. I have books on it and have the interest.

Do you have any proof that Saddam means destroyer other than this dude you are quoting?

Also, can you define your view point. I am assuming that you are dispensational but not a pure dispensationalist (they believe there are no signs leading up to the "rapture"). I also assume you are post-trib or mid-trib.

Lastly, can you explain to me Revelation 1:1, 1:3, and 22:10 in reference to the time texts. In addition why do you believe there is an indefinite gap between the 69th and 70th weeks of Daniel?

I know that is asking a lot but I want to understand your position as well as possible. Thank you.

ouch I can not simply explain the daniel thing.....it's actually an hour or 2 sermon that throughly explains this......

If you want a link to the endtime sermons I'll give it to you but it's like 35+ hours if you really want to understand where we are coming from.....

http://www.endtime.com/audio.asp

as for his name..... When Saddam Hussein's mother encountered difficulties in her pregnancy and doctors recommended an abortion, she traveled to Baghdad for medical care and stayed with friends in the Jewish community. Eventually, a healthy boy was delivered, whom she named Saddam, or "destroyer", for the pain the pregnancy had caused.

Jerusalem Post,

December 13, 1997

Eventually, a healthy boy was delivered, whom she named Saddam, or "destroyer", for the pain the pregnancy had caused.

I always find these threads such an interesting journey into how/what some folks think.

On this minor point, I remembered hearing one of our professors (specialty in Middle Easter history) translate the name "Saddam" somewhat differently--i.e. "to challenge" or "to meet challenge" depending on time period, region, and syllabic emphasis.

In the link below, the translation offers "to clash" as one choice, which is similar. The prof indicated this as one of a few most likely choices given the context of Hussein's family history. "Destroyer" I didn't hear, though you can see if one is willing to reach a bit to make a point (hmmm---are there such folks? :silly: ) you could get to B from A. Or you could get to "hero" as well.

To me, the translation is settled: "Saddam"= dead vermin.

Below is the second choice on a search "meaning of Saddams name." The first took me to an ad.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/words/saddam_hussein.html

The internets have many tubes. :laugh:

From an article in today's Guardian on a different subject ...

On December 20 1954, a woman known as Marion Keech gathered her followers in her garden in Lake City, Illinois, and waited for midnight, when flying saucers were supposed to land and save them from huge floods about to engulf the planet.

Keech had received news of the impending deluge from Sananda, a being from the planet Clarion, whose messages she passed on to a small group of believers. Unbeknown to her, the group had been infiltrated by a University of Minnesota researcher, the social psychologist Leon Festinger.

As dawn rose on December 21 with no flying saucer in sight, Keech had another revelation. Sananda told her that the group's advanced state of enlightenment had saved the entire planet. They rejoiced and called a press conference. "A man with a conviction is a hard man to change," wrote Festinger in his book on the cult, When Prophecy Fails. "Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts and figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."

Hey, take a look at this artistic print of Conan the Destroyer from 1984 -- years before the Gulf War! Can you see the fire and smoke imagery, and appreciate how those prehistoric birds would have been described as locusts to an unsophisticated band of followers?

Talk about woe -- how 'bout the guy whose blood is all over that sword? And as a bonus, the name Destroyer is right there!

So if this Conan guy came around in 1984, does that mean we're on the 6th trumpet? How many xylophones are there after the trumpets? And do I need to hire a piano player now too? :confused:

ouch I can not simply explain the daniel thing.....it's actually an hour or 2 sermon that throughly explains this......

If you want a link to the endtime sermons I'll give it to you but it's like 35+ hours if you really want to understand where we are coming from.....

No thanks, I've heard it all before. I simply wanted to know why YOU believe there is a gap when we can find no gap anywhere in the text. The only reason anyone puts a gap in is because they need it to fit their theological system.

I will look for information on past beliefs on the 5th trumpet this evening some time. It may take some time, but I will in fact get to it. :)

No thanks, I've heard it all before. I simply wanted to know why YOU believe there is a gap when we can find no gap anywhere in the text. The only reason anyone puts a gap in is because they need it to fit their theological system.

I will look for information on past beliefs on the 5th trumpet this evening some time. It may take some time, but I will in fact get to it. :)

Like I posted in #137 ...

"A man with a conviction is a hard man to change," wrote Festinger in his book on the cult, When Prophecy Fails. "Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts and figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."

Like I posted in #137 ...

"A man with a conviction is a hard man to change," wrote Festinger in his book on the cult, When Prophecy Fails. "Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts and figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."

Aha, but I once had a pre-millenial dispensational view of scripture. I do no more so there is hope. ;)

You're funny. You make me laugh.

:)

When will the world end?

When the universe ends.

On this minor point, I remembered hearing one of our professors (specialty in Middle Easter history) translate the name "Saddam" somewhat differently--i.e. "to challenge" or "to meet challenge" depending on time period, region, and syllabic emphasis.

Would the word "challenged" fit?

:)

Interesting Jumbo.....I'm gonna have to call his mom and ask if the Pregnancy story is true......

:laugh:...

We might not ever know now......unless, your link is bogus....;)

Now I wonder how many ways saddam can be translated.......

Bogus is as bogus does :silly:

Seriously, while the internet is an unparalleled tool for distribution of knowledge, it is also an equal source of misinformation and outright lies in service of various ideological agendas. Often, the more emotionally charged a topic is, the more suspect the internet source.

If the source was well-established prior to the internet (i.e. Christian Science Monitor, NIMH, Britannica, APA, Nat. Geo., Harvard Law Review, National Review, etc. etc.) then whatever credibility and identity it may have is fair to transfer. Or, if the topic is academic and more mundane--i.e. botany, chemistry, cars, guns, etc., there is far less likelihood of unintended or deliberate misrepresentation being the result of your surfing.

But when people run websites to support more “intense” ideological POV's or beliefs, the information presented is often about as valid as someone walking up to me in Safeway and handing me a pamphlet. And often comes from the same type of personality, in my experience.

The internet has become an irresistible dumping ground for groups/people that can easily start a web-page to support their cause and basically just make up whatever they want. The more clever ones are simply cleverer about how they do it. This begs for critical thinkers to work at their choice of sources.

Or, do what I do, and just pop a fresh one and start typing :laugh:

Archived