Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Mencia Gets Owned!

MonkFan8

You're even more insane now.

No need to slam Lewis Black OR Dave Chappelle. Both are very good at what they do.

I will say that those bashing Joe Rogan have probably never actually HEARD his standup, which is actually pretty funny. (If you have satelite radio, the comedy channel is basically a must for your presets)

Believe me, I wanted to hate it b/c he seems like such an ass, but it was pretty funny.

Like I said earlier, I do like some of Mencia's stuff, though some of it is precisely the stereotype-inducing stuff that cheap comics have been doing on BET for years.

You're even more insane now.

If having an opinion makes me insane thats fine :)

I like my stuff you like yours.

You gotta admit Louis Black is funny though, as is George Carlin.

Givin every single one of the comedians discussed are completely different.

Bingo.

Most people react to Joe Rogan the comedian like this: "That guy does comedy?!" He's known for Fear Factor and the UFC, neither of which show case his comedy at all. He's pissed that Mencia made it, and when you have your own show and EVERYONE knows who you are, you've definately made it in comedy.

They all steal jokes. Go watch the old comics do their thing and then watch any of the new ones. You'll spot a lot of the same material.

Fear Factor?! UFC?!?!

No way dude, I am old school Rogan.

Try "News Radio" and "Man Show" (Re-Dux)

He needs good material, but he's way funnier than that lame-ass Mencia.

Hicks>Everyone

Succcess is not always a measure of how good one may be at their artform. If that is the case, then Britney Spears must be a musical genius.

I didn't claim Carlos to be a comedic genius any more than Britney being a musical genius. She has, however, done something right considering her success and that she isn't the most talented nor the best looking. Don't try to claim that its her looks because there are thousands and thousands of more attractive "singers" that have done nothing.

Success may not have anything to do with talent but jealousy doesn't have anything to do with reason either.

I didn't claim Carlos to be a comedic genius any more than Britney being a musical genius. She has, however, done something right considering her success and that she isn't the most talented nor the best looking. Don't try to claim that its her looks because there are thousands and thousands of more attractive "singers" that have done nothing.

Success may not have anything to do with talent but jealousy doesn't have anything to do with reason either.

What computers can do to voices :laugh:

If you have ever seen how Guitar Hero games were made the developers sing all the songs and use computers to make it sound exactly like the original singer.

If having an opinion makes me insane thats fine :)

I like my stuff you like yours.

You gotta admit Louis Black is funny though, as is George Carlin.

Givin every single one of the comedians discussed are completely different.

I must say I find it somewhat odd that Someone who likes Louis Black and George Carlin also thinks Dane Cook is the man, Mencia is OK and Chappelle sucks.

Have you seen Dave's stand up? It is different from his show (also genius).

Hilarious Dane Cook impression:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1vqLMWOIPo

Saw that earlier. Great stuff. The real funny part is not only does Mencia steal jokes, he then somehow makes them not funny anymore. His success is a complete mystery to me.

he makes it not funny and the guy cant deliver his punch lines. one of the worst comic ive ever seen that has his own show on comedy central. i really want to know who actually likes this guy cause i dont know any that thinks he is good. pablo francisco is way better at telling mexican/racists jokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV4Hzjl2OL4 pablo francisco

can anyone help me get a name of a comedian who dressed up in african attire and always you mother sucka after every sentence

I think Michael Blackson is the guy you're talking about.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0085837/

About the thread, Mencia's a bum.

Had no idea he had stolen so much - yeah, comedians use material that others have used in the past. Mencia (I'm sure he's not the only one) seems to use the same material from comedians that have used that material recently. I'm obviously not a comedian but can only imagine how much of a taboo it is amongst people in the indutry.

You can say what you want about Chappelle (I, personally think he's a genius) but he ran comedy central and Mencia only got his show because Chappelle decided not to come back.

I liked seeing Rogan call out Mencia - I kept waiting for Carlos to swing on him. He knew Rogan would kill him if something happened.

That is the ultimate Scarlet Letter in Comedy...you don't steal someone else's material. "Honor among Thieves" and all that.

People have been ripping off the untouchable Bill Hicks for years...there's just no justice.

"I have a scoop for you. I stole his act. I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did it before he did."

- On the similarity of Denis Leary's act with his own.

""Why is Denis Leary a successful, popular comic and Bill Hicks a relative unknown in his own country? Because there's No Cure For Cancer!""

I think it has more to do with the fact that he's not Mexican, isn't named Carlos Mencia, and they've got a little feud going on.

My personal favorite comedic feud is David Cross vs. Larry the Cable Guy. Cross basically ruins Larry over and over and over, and it never gets old... lol

Reading his letter to Larry the Cable Guy never gets old.

Oh man! Joe Rogan completely destroyed Ned right there. There is a reason why convicted murderers and liars NEVER talk. They just walk straight and avoid confrontation. Once you start talking back, you look like Ned; Like a complete moron. And then everyone knows you are a liar, or murderer.

HOLY COW! Not 30 minutes ago my girlfriend was telling me about this article in Radar and how George Lopez shoved Mencia up against the wall at a comedy club because he was stealing his jokes!!!!! Apparently, Robin Williams and Dane Cook are also notorious joke stealers.....

I heard Joe Rogan once on XM Comedy 150.... it was probably the worst stand-up routine I've ever heard. How did he even get a gig? Serious question.

As for Mencia, I don't think he's as bad as a lot of you say he is. I'm not a fan of his, but he's a helluva lot more talented than Rogan.

HOLY COW! Not 30 minutes ago my girlfriend was telling me about this article in Radar and how George Lopez shoved Mencia up against the wall at a comedy club because he was stealing his jokes!!!!! Apparently, Robin Williams and Dane Cook are also notorious joke stealers.....

Robin Williams?? Really? Got a story or a link?

Dane Cook is OK. Nothing more. I haven't heard anything that sounds like he is stealing jokes though.

Archived