Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants CUT LAVAR, PETIGOUT, & EMMONS ***CONFIRMED ***

twenty-eight

You all have forgotten a huge thing about Arrington, he is a leader in the locker room. I would love to have him back for a cheap price. He knows football. We had a better defense with him on the team last year, remember that.:2cents:

Leaders are leaders when the times are good and bad. Arrington was only a "leader" when he was putting up big stats. After that, he was nothing more than a whiner. He also doesn't know jack about football. If he did, he might have been able to play within a scheme. He was a physical specimen that rode his stint of success from overpowering opponents, not from his football acumen. Without his physical edge, he is less useful than your average linebacker.

LAVAR is a good player our medical staff messed him up...i kinda feel sorry for him...our trainer suck
The funniest thing about this comment is that it was the trainer and coaching staff who were asking him to wait before coming back. Against they're wishes and under pressure from him, the staff finally put Lavar back in the lineup. Lavar is Lavar's worst enemy.

EDIT: I hope no one starts a lets get Lavar back thread, if they really did cut him its because they guys knees are bone on bone and will never be the same, in a way I feel sorry for the guy...... but I get over it..

I share your hope but I fear we are both going to be sadly disapointed :doh:

I would say leave them all alone. Maybe look into Petigout and see if he would be healthy enough to play as a backup. However, he would have to except backup money. Leave Chad and Lavar alone regardless of the cost. Lavar would simply be a distraction that the team does not need.

I had no problem letting Arrington go, and this vindicates that decision. Same with Chad Morton. This is downright hysterical if true.

Vet min + incentives anyone? I think Lavar could provide some good depth behind Rocky.

Just say NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Why do you think the giants cut him? He is not physically able to play - even at vet min he would be a risk of ending on IR sooner rather than later and as vet I think his salary would be guaranteed?

In any case there is too much bad blood and he is part of the past of our franchise not the future.

The Giants kicked Lavar off their team and I was just wondering if any of you guys would like to see him back. Yes, Lavar has big issues with coverage and is injury prone but, I wouldn't mind seeing him on 3rd down packages or blitz schemes. When he came back in that 49ers game and tackled their QB it showed he still can move around. I would rotate him with Holdman anytime. He can still penetrate. I'm not saying to bring him back and pay him like a starter. I would love to see him back as a relief player like Duckett was this year for betts and clinton.

Archived