Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants CUT LAVAR, PETIGOUT, & EMMONS ***CONFIRMED ***

twenty-eight

pft.com

POSTED 3:47 p.m. EST, February 12, 2007

GIANTS CHOP THREE

A league source tells us that the New York Giants have cut linebacker LaVar Arrington, offensive tackle Luke Petigout, and running back Chad Morton.

More to come.

-----

Wow. guess we'll have to wait for confirmation from a legit source, right?:)

http://www.giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=24345

GIANTS DUMP EMMONS, NOT MORTON

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

We reported a little while ago that the Giants had cut linebacker LaVar Arrington, left tackle Luke Petitgout, and running back/kick returner Chad Morton. As it turns out, the trio of now-former Giants is Arrington, Petitgout, and

linebacker Carlos Emmons.

"These are difficult decisions," Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said, according to the team's official web site. "But as [G.M.] Jerry [Reese] and I looked at the roster, they are decisions we felt we had to make as we start to compose our team for the upcoming season. Luke has been a tough competitor here, and he was really playing well before his injury last season. Carlos gave us everything he had, but his injuries the last couple years kept him from being the kind of player we know he is. LaVar was only here a short time, but as a coach, I couldn't have asked for more from a veteran player in terms of his desire and his enthusiasm."

So Chad Morton's career in New York is still alive. We apologize for the error.

Unless they have some kind of roster bonus due which makes it cheaper to cut them now. I don't know the details of their contracts, though.

thats what I was thinking, but wasnt lavars contract all incentives? I guess a roster bonus could be considered an incentive(try and make it back), but I thought that all the money in lavars contract was all on the field.

Yeah, i'll have to wait until I have more details for another source. I would be shocked if LA got the axe so quickly, though. He started to come into his and and then he got hit with the Achilles injury. That's the story of his carreer I guess. I'm not so shocked about Chad Morton getting cut. It was only a matter of time seeing as how they have Sinorice now.

Archived