Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo's Mock Draft

CommishDC

Wow, they show Leon Hall falling all the way the 14th.

22.Dallas Cowboys– Brandon Meriweather, safety, Miami. The leak in their defensive unit starts over the top in pass coverage. That's why Meriweather, with his all-around play, would be a huge difference-maker for a team that still has its eyes on a Super Bowl berth next season.

The are really off base with this one. How can they say that when Dallas has Roy Williams.:laugh:

No way is Anderson worth the 2nd overall pick, hes a poor mans mario williams at best. His mock draft is crap. Lions have been talking a lot with Joe Thomas and are interesting in him. The lions gave up 65 sacks, need a left tackle, this guy is an idiot.

I find it interesting they don't show Patrick Willis going in the first round. Since his display two weeks ago, many mocks have him as high as pick 14.

I think he should go at the top of the second round to the Redskins, after they drop a few slots and chose any number of DL candidates with pick #1!:D

idk how we would do it, but my perfect draft would be trade down and get these 3 players:

HB Blades-Pitt-MLB Tackling machine, a lot like a young Trotter

Jarvis Moss-Florida-DE He wont jump right in, but i think he will be great in a year or 2

Darrel Reevis(sp?)-Pitt-CB 1st 2 weeks he had int's for TD's (i think) and they didn't throw at him much all year, him, carlos and sean will be great in 2-3 years

Yahoo has been drinkin the Mel Kiper kool-aid(with the Brady Quinn to Miami Thing). I can't see the Lions passing on a Franchise Left Tackle or QB. And Tony Ugoh in the 1st round?? Mike Mayock was calling this guy lucky to go in the late 2nd, and I trust that guy. He said he'll likely go day 1 because of his upside, but he's been way inconsistent his senior year and had a bad senior bowl. Yahoo man, what's up with them?

idk how we would do it, but my perfect draft would be trade down and get these 3 players:

HB Blades-Pitt-MLB Tackling machine, a lot like a young Trotter

Jarvis Moss-Florida-DE He wont jump right in, but i think he will be great in a year or 2

Darrel Reevis(sp?)-Pitt-CB 1st 2 weeks he had int's for TD's (i think) and they didn't throw at him much all year, him, carlos and sean will be great in 2-3 years

haha pumping some pittsburgh guys, nice, but we'd probably need 2 1st rounders for that, cause Reevis and Moss seem to be projected that high. Blades is interesting, we'd need a 2nd rounder for him though too.

Yahoo has been drinkin the Mel Kiper kool-aid(with the Brady Quinn to Miami Thing). I can't see the Lions passing on a Franchise Left Tackle or QB. And Tony Ugoh in the 1st round?? Mike Mayock was calling this guy lucky to go in the late 2nd, and I trust that guy. He said he'll likely go day 1 because of his upside, but he's been way inconsistent his senior year and had a bad senior bowl. Yahoo man, what's up with them?

Now that guy knows what he is talking about. He did a much better job than Kiper in getting the picks right.

No way Patrick Willis goes in the second round hes a top 15 pick. His work ethic and practices at the senior bowl really impressed every coach.

I've heard differently actually. Though his practices were good, his actual gameday performance was not as great as people envisioned. He did lead with 12 tackles, but they say he missed a bunch and did not display as great of awareness.

I don't think Willis is as much of a high round prospect as some of last years LB's like AJ Hawk or Chad Greenway. However, I don't think it matters cause good LB's can be found more often in the 2-5th rounds. If we somehow get more picks (and please don't trade any of next year's picks) and drafted Willis, I would be quite happy.

This Mock like all Mocks is stab in the dark. Here is my stab: Raiders trade No. 1 to Washington for Clinton Portis and Skins' No. 1 choice in 2008 ... Skins then select Adrian Petersen (who runs a 4.35 at the Combine); Detroit Trades the No. 2 pik to Minny who then selects Jamarcus Russell; Tampa wins the coin flip and chooses Brady Quinn; Cleveland takes Ted Ginn, Jr. in a mild surprise; Arizona gets their man and chooses Joe Thomas; and finally, with the 6th pick ... Washington nabs Calvin Johnson. Whos says it won't happen? Defensive needs can and will be met via FA.

This Mock like all Mocks is stab in the dark. Here is my stab: Raiders trade No. 1 to Washington for Clinton Portis and Skins' No. 1 choice in 2008 ... Skins then select Adrian Petersen (who runs a 4.35 at the Combine); Detroit Trades the No. 2 pik to Minny who then selects Jamarcus Russell; Tampa wins the coin flip and chooses Brady Quinn; Cleveland takes Ted Ginn, Jr. in a mild surprise; Arizona gets their man and chooses Joe Thomas; and finally, with the 6th pick ... Washington nabs Calvin Johnson. Whos says it won't happen? Defensive needs can and will be met via FA.

It would take alot of people ingesting STUPID pills to make some of these trades. Heck even Madden 2008 would say no to the Oakland trade.

Offense can be met via freeagency and that should be line depth if anything and there is no way in he11 we are going to take the cap hits it would take to move portis and Lloyd.

We need size youth on the defensive line and thus I can't see us taking a tweener instead of either a massive DT or a Andeson if he gets past Tampa Bay who you'd expect to draft Calvin Johnson.

Say NavyDave ... are you mocking my Mock? ... I'm shocked. Actually, my Mock makes good sense because all of the defensive players available in the top 10 are flawed ... they are either busts or projects. The top players in terms of value are "offensive" ... you gotta take the best player available in the top ten ... its the Bush vs. Mario Williams syndrome! Get it?!

No way Patrick Willis goes in the second round hes a top 15 pick. His work ethic and practices at the senior bowl really impressed every coach.

Patrick Willis because of his medicore performance at the Senior Bowl now seems to be off most people's 1st round chart -- seems at the moment to be a late first rounder, early 2nd rounder. He seems to have dropped from where he was judged a month ago.

Seems like the draft experts more and more are saying:

Lions -- will draft Joe Thomas

Browns -- will draft Peterson.

Williams will drop to Tampa Bay and they will take him or trade down.

That leaves the Cardnals as our most obvious competition for Branch, Adams and Anderson.

Most draft boards have it if Joe Thomas drops to the Cardnals pick they will take him if not they will take either Branch, Adams, and Anderson. As to which player they take its all over the map between those three players.

Likewise the Skins are all over the map as to which one of those three players they get.

Could end up being all BS, who knows what really happens but that seems to be the summary based on what I've been seeing.

I don't believe this mock, but I don't want Adams - he's too small, and will hurt our rush defense if he is our every down DE, which is what we need.

The only players on the board that are worth the draft pick and worth it to the team are:

1) Jamaal Anderson

2) Alan Branch

3) Calvin Johnson

In that order

Any other player is either not worth the pick....

Archived