Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

trading up for...

Koolblue13

it seems like every other post on here turns into a draft c.j./offense over defense arguement.i personally like defense and runnin the ball.i love 10 point wins over 45 to 35 shoot outs,so i'm sure you can imagine how i would feel.i just started the post to see where it went.honestly,i don't even care to much about the draft except that it gives me something to pay attention to in the offseason.gibbs and g.w. don't even play rookies anyhow.not to mention that i like all 5 of our recievers.
I am in the group of draft D-lineman or nothign else, I think drafting Johnson would be retarded unless we address D-lineman in free agency, I was just having fun and wanted you to look at that thread because it was pretty funny, but I completely agree with you.

Campbell will only be as good as his receivers ... the Skins need to match the Colts with 2 super wideouts, a great pass-catching TE and decent depth behind these guys. They are not there yet. It is ludicrous to think the Skins will not improve their defense during the off-season using FA, cuts from other teams, undrafted rookies, etc. Even in the draft ... other than their No. 6 top pick (which definitely will be used hopefully to steal CJ) ... I'm confident the Skins will mortgage 2008 to obtain more day 1 picks this year. Wynn, Evans, Daniels, Salavva, Holdman, etc. are toast and unquestionably, new linebacking talent, a starting corner and a starting DE will be obtained. Its so obvious. We know exactly form the past what the future Skin moves will be this off-season. It is not a question of if ... only when!

now,i'm from the "draft d-line at #6 "camp,but was just wondering what all the people around here would do if we moved up,trading next years picks,to get C.J.

i personally don't want him at 6,but a lot of people think we might and should take a shot at him.

I wouldn't mind us taking him if the first 5 teams pass him by, but I would mind if we traded up to get him. If he's not available, then a D player is fine with me.

I am in the group of draft D-lineman or nothign else, I think drafting Johnson would be retarded unless we address D-lineman in free agency, I was just having fun and wanted you to look at that thread because it was pretty funny, but I completely agree with you.

yer right,it was pretty funny.i'm sure there are a couple of rookies that will make a difference in the league,but they won't be in washington.the coachs don't play um'.it's all a crap shoot.nobody knows who is gonna be good down the line and there are so many different senarios that could work out.this thread is pretty fun so far and nobody is gettin insulted(so far),but yeah,that was a funny one!

Again I am not saying that we shouldn't work on the defense. But in the two seasons I've seen the skins in super bowls, We won them as much because of our deep passing as running. Having a good deep threat makes it easier to run because they won't be able to cheat up in the box quite as much.

Dont forget having a defence. Which at 31st in teh league we apparently did.

As a favor to me (not that anyone owes me one :)) could someone find and post a big/huge WR that is in the draft that we could possibly pick up in the later rounds? Some of guys are great at that stuff and might already know of one or two.

Thanks in advance.

Sign Charels Rogers of the streets. You know the first "WR of the decade" this decade. And a list of UFA's and RAF's

Anderson, David ERFATexans

Bennett, DrewUFA Titans

Brown, Troy UFA Patriots

Camarillo, Greg ERFA Chargers

Copper, Terrance RFA Saints

Crayton, Patrick RFA Cowboys

Curtis, Kevin UFA Rams

Darling, Devard RFA Ravens

Davis, Andre UFA Bills

Ellis, Devale ERFA Lions

Engram, Russell UFA Seahawks

Floyd, Malcom ERFA Chargers

Furrey, Mike UFA Lions

Gage, Justin UFA Bears

Gilmore, Bryan UFA 49ers

Hackett, D.J. ERFA Seahawks

Hankton, Cortez UFA Jaguars

Holiday, Carlyle ERFA Cardinals

Johnson, Bethel UFA Vikings

Kasper, Kevin UFA Lions

Lewis, Derrick ERFA Texans

Lewis, Michael UFA Saints

McDonald, Shaun UFA Rams

McMullen, Billy UFA Vikings

Moore, Clarence RFA Ravens

Moorehead, Aaron UFA Colts

Moulds, Eric UFA Texans

Northcutt, Dennis UFA Browns

Parker, Samie RFA Chiefs

Sharon, Charles ERFA Jaguars

Shelton, Matt ERFA Patriots

Taylor, Travis UFA Vikings

Wade, Bobby UFA Titans

Walter, Kevin UFATexans

Walters, Troy UFA Cardinals

Washington, Kelley UFA Bengals

Welker, Wes RFA Dolphins

White, Roddy ERFA Falcons

Whitted, Alvis UFAR aiders

Wilford, Ernest RFA Jaguars

Wilkins, Terrence UFA Colts

There are over 150 WR eldgible for the draft this year. Since it was asked, I took a litle time to see who might be avaliable in the later rounds/undrafted. Generally speack not alot on most of these guys and you only have a scattering of stats to look at, so other than guy that wer 6'3+ and ran around 4.5 in the 40 not much to go on for most of them. Alot of small schools. But here are some guys I saw that physically have the size and speed to play as a big receiver.

Ryan Moore: U Miami- 6’3” 215 Projected 40- 4.52 Projected round: 6-7

Brett Smith: U Tenn- 6’3” 190 Projected 40-4.49 Projected round: None

Aaron Fairooz: Cent. Arkansas- 6’6” 215 Projected 40: 4.54 Projected Round: None

Jon Davis: Iowa St-. 6’4” 205 Projected 40: 4.54 Projected Round: None

Derdeck Faulkner: Hampton- 6’4” 225 Projected 40: 4.55 Projected Round: None

Jessie Wendt: Wisconsin-Stout- 6’3” 228 Projected 40: 4.45 Projected Round: None

Drew Weatherly: Maryland- 6’3” 215 Projected 40: 4.48 Projected Round: None

Julius McClellan: North Carolina Central- 6’3” 225 Projected 40: 4.52 Projected Round: None

Teal Martin: Troy- 6’4” 210 Projected 40: 4.45 Projected Round: None

Ok...trading up is just stupid. If this guy was Reggie Bush...yeah. If he was Larry Johnson, maybe. But whoever this guy is, I'm certain he's not even as talented as Larry Fitzgerald. And unstoppable offense is the most retarded term in football. The only offense that was ever "unstoppable" was the pro-bowl teams during the Montana/Elway/Marino years.

Look at the Colts...they have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark....pretty unstoppable right? Nope...they are most certainly stoppable as they had to ride their defense until the Patriots game...they didn't even score a TD against the Ravens.

We need defense....a top tier CB or DL or trade down for more picks. 31st in the league should tell everyone that and hopefully stop the dumb threads about "trading up".....and wth is up with that!?...with our CAP problems!?... :P

I am seeing some really intellectually frustrating things posted on this board every day. I use the word intellectually frustrating because I am reticent to outright say "dumb." That being said: No, we don't give up anything for a receiver. In fact, we might not even want to draft if he does land to us at the 6th pick. He would be far more valuable to the team as trade bait. Given the needs of the team, and the organization, drafting a receiver with our lone first day pick (god forbid we give up more to get a better pick to grab him) would dig this team in a deeper hole than its already in. We have so many holes at positions OTHER than wide receiver that even if this guy was the next chad johnson it would be detrimental to the organization. Where was chad during the playoffs? At home. Why? No Defense.

So inacurate it's not even funny.

It will be stopable. CJ will have decent numbers there, but Jason is going to struggle some. And we will continue to loose because we cant stop anyone on defence. And allen is a RFA, and we would have to give compensation to get him. Plus a BIG contract.

Gregpeck is Calvin Johnson's personal agent. check out his other posts on the subject matter.

If we did get CJ our offense would be unstoppable. And we can always get Jared Allen in free agency. He's a proven sack-machine and he's only been in the league 3 years. It's very tempting to go after him and not an unproven rookie.

jared allen is a RFA, meaning we'd have to give up YET more draft picks to sign him. In a word. NO.

There are over 150 WR eldgible for the draft this year. Since it was asked, I took a litle time to see who might be avaliable in the later rounds/undrafted. Generally speack not alot on most of these guys and you only have a scattering of stats to look at, so other than guy that wer 6'3+ and ran around 4.5 in the 40 not much to go on for most of them. Alot of small schools. But here are some guys I saw that physically have the size and speed to play as a big receiver.

Ryan Moore: U Miami- 6’3” 215 Projected 40- 4.52 Projected round: 6-7

Brett Smith: U Tenn- 6’3” 190 Projected 40-4.49 Projected round: None

Aaron Fairooz: Cent. Arkansas- 6’6” 215 Projected 40: 4.54 Projected Round: None

Jon Davis: Iowa St-. 6’4” 205 Projected 40: 4.54 Projected Round: None

Derdeck Faulkner: Hampton- 6’4” 225 Projected 40: 4.55 Projected Round: None

Jessie Wendt: Wisconsin-Stout- 6’3” 228 Projected 40: 4.45 Projected Round: None

Drew Weatherly: Maryland- 6’3” 215 Projected 40: 4.48 Projected Round: None

Julius McClellan: North Carolina Central- 6’3” 225 Projected 40: 4.52 Projected Round: None

Teal Martin: Troy- 6’4” 210 Projected 40: 4.45 Projected Round: None

Thanks for the excellent post. You know, some people just don't get it. We have no need at the WR position. We have a huge need at the DL position. Geez.

I guess no one noticed he's from Eagle Nation and is making fun of our offseason habits?

it would be understandable to think i was makin fun of the skins off season habit's,but i'm a skins fan.when i was a kid my grandfather taught me to watch football.there was a L.B named Mylet,same as my mom's family.so he told me to watch the skins.i did.hard bein a fan of another team,especially growin up around philly,but grownin up with the Gibbs coached skins,made me a lifer.believe me,if i didn't give up when ex-cowboy norv was runnin our team,i wouldn't now.i don't draft cowboys in fantasy(maybe in madden)either.bein from philly and a skins fan,boy do i hate the cowboys.and i like our off season habits.read some of my posts.i'm even a snyder fan.(?)i am an eagles well wisher.i want them to be second in the division every year.rember back in the late 80's early 90's when they had something like 13 straight games decided by 8 points or less,boy that was great.

:dallasuck

There aren't idiotic people just idiotic posts....alledgedly.

Even 5 watt light bulbs know this draft should be about fixing the defense.

Desmond Howard can't miss traded TWO first round picks to get him.

Micaheal Westbrook between getting pedicures, sucker punching a teammate and trying to make money in ultimate wrestling he managed to steal money impersonating a NFL WR.

Rod Gardner instead of drafting Steve Hutchinson we grab him instead of drafting Santanna Moss we draft him.

Yeah lets overpay for a non position of need and continue to neglect the woeful front 4 and hope we can use smoke and mirrors as well as 8 man blitzes to cover up the shortcomings.

where is that duh head smilie when you need it

I say that if we can trade down with our 1st round 6th pick and aqcuire a 1st round 8-10 pick , 2nd round 5-9 pick and a 4th round 15-20 pick than we can draft Buster Davis with our 1st round / Carrika / Baraka Atkins Mia / Kristo Bruce with our 2nd rounder / Ekzavie Jackson Missouri with our 4th rounder ( if he doesn't pan out a DE he can also play TE ) all of these players I believe although not the coveted Adams / Anderson / Branch / Johnson / Willis the overall value to the Skins to have 3 impact players as opposed to 1 expected starter is better .

This way you get an incredible MLB in Davis / any one of these three choices will be great at DE and Ekzavie Jackson will still be there in the 4th I believe can go either DL or TE . Of course the idea is that he can help us on the DL . Maybe this could do the trick .

Coz

I say that if we can trade down with our 1st round 6th pick and aqcuire a 1st round 8-10 pick , 2nd round 5-9 pick and a 4th round 15-20 pick than we can draft Buster Davis with our 1st round / Carrika / Baraka Atkins Mia / Kristo Bruce with our 2nd rounder / Ekzavie Jackson Missouri with our 4th rounder ( if he doesn't pan out a DE he can also play TE ) all of these players I believe although not the coveted Adams / Anderson / Branch / Johnson / Willis the overall value to the Skins to have 3 impact players as opposed to 1 expected starter is better .

This way you get an incredible MLB in Davis / any one of these three choices will be great at DE and Ekzavie Jackson will still be there in the 4th I believe can go either DL or TE . Of course the idea is that he can help us on the DL . Maybe this could do the trick .

Coz

OK, OK we get it. You like Buster Davis. :doh:

Archived