Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Pick...

mhenry41h

It appears as though we are a lock to draft a DE with the 6th pick. But I ponder this...should Brady Quinn be available at # 6 should we consider it? Having played in a prostyle offense under Charlie Weiss, he would probably be the most able QB to step in the NFL and make an immediate impact. Just some food for thought as its widely believed that Jason C is the QB of the future...

while I agree that it wouldnt send much of a positive message to Campbell...we havent exactly had a highly touted QB in some time. Of course, we all remember the Heath Shuler debacle but I would imagine the Quinn would be regarded as "more likely" to have a stellar NFL career than Campbell. At some point messages would have to go by the way side in favor of putting superior players on the field. Im not going to say that its a sure thing that Brady will be a superior QB to Jason but...at some point you have to look at the talent avaiable to you during your allotted pick. So I guess what Im asking from a business standpoint is this: Given our QB situation, would it be a good idea to pass on a QB of that caliber if available at the # 6 pick? Its an intriguing question to ponder...

It appears as though we are a lock to draft a DE with the 6th pick. But I ponder this...should Brady Quinn be available at # 6 should we consider it? Having played in a prostyle offense under Charlie Weiss, he would probably be the most able QB to step in the NFL and make an immediate impact. Just some food for thought as its widely believed that Jason C is the QB of the future...
:doh: are you insane

I would not draft quinn but wouldn't you say that we do need to get another QB somewhere or would that, also, be considered insanity?

LIke who? When? This is a rather open ended question. Do you mean in this year's draft? This year in FA? Draft another one in 2-3 years? 6 years?

Right now there isnt a QB I would touch in either FA or the draft. 2-3 years from now things might change, but I like what I see in Campbell.

Wrong ...it's not a lock...we could still take Alan Branch or Calvin Johnson kiddo.

Personally, Im excited for Jason's future and the immediate future of this football team. A few tweaks here and there and things an be looking pretty good. But I am curious as to your opinion about what makes Cambell so much better than Quinn that you would risk replacing your brain with a grapefruit?

LIke who? When? This is a rather open ended question. Do you mean in this year's draft? This year in FA? Draft another one in 2-3 years? 6 years?

Right now there isnt a QB I would touch in either FA or the draft. 2-3 years from now things might change, but I like what I see in Campbell.

Oh no not you again...Damon Huard would be a good pick up

So you would be comfortable with Brunell or Collins if Campbell went down for any reason?

Personally, Im excited for Jason's future and the immediate future of this football team. A few tweaks here and there and things an be looking pretty good. But I am curious as to your opinion about what makes Cambell so much better than Quinn that you would risk replacing your brain with a grapefruit?

Campbell has a better arm, and is a better althlete. He can make more plays with his speed and strength than Quinn can when things break down. More importantly, Campbell doesnt get rattled. Quinn gets rattled easily and consistently in big games. He got blown out by Michigan, USC and LSU and looked terrible in those games. I dont think he has the mental makeup to win, and I think that Campbell does.

Oh no not you again...Damon Huard would be a good pick up

So you would be comfortable with Brunell or Collins if Campbell went down for any reason?

*looks at the thread title*

So, your asking if we should get a backup for Campbell? Since this thread was about who should we draft at #6, I dont think you going to be drafting a "backup" at #6. Try to somewhat stay on topic, and people will have a better idea of what you are talking about.

Well, since Huard was the 3rd QB behind Collins, I dunno if that is such a great pickup. Collins might be better. We could probably ask Al about that, and why he had Collins brought over in the first place. So yeah, Im ok with what we have.

*looks at the thread title*

So, your asking if we should get a backup for Campbell? Since this thread was about who should we draft at #6, I dont think you going to be drafting a "backup" at #6. Try to somewhat stay on topic, and people will have a better idea of what you are talking about.

Well, since Huard was the 3rd QB behind Collins, I dunno if that is such a great pickup. Collins might be better. We could probably ask Al about that, and why he had Collins brought over in the first place. So yeah, Im ok with what we have.

You're right about staying on the topic, but the guy, AND YOU are talking like there is no need in trying to get a reliable back up to Campbell and both of you suck rocks as far as that is concerned.

And again, I say that you will be the first person to turn your back on Campbell by week 6 or whenever BLC instructs you to.

Campbell has a better arm, and is a better althlete. He can make more plays with his speed and strength than Quinn can when things break down. More importantly, Campbell doesnt get rattled. Quinn gets rattled easily and consistently in big games. He got blown out by Michigan, USC and LSU and looked terrible in those games. I dont think he has the mental makeup to win, and I think that Campbell does.

yup, all the skins even talked about how much they admire Campbell's cool and collected demeanor.

You're right about staying on the topic, but the guy, AND YOU are talking like there is no need in trying to get a reliable back up to Campbell and both of you suck rocks as far as that is concerned.

And again, I say that you will be the first person to turn your back on Campbell by week 6 or whenever BLC instructs you to.

OMG, thank you for the laugh!:laugh:

I'm pretty patient, much more so than you my friend. I expect Jason to have some tough times next year. I wasnt calling for Brunells head after week 1, like alot of peole were. And, I do think that Brunell is a good backup. NOw, I really dont want him starting 16 games, but when he is healthy, I think he has enough left to play well enough in 2-4 games if pressed into action. Remember, he was also learning a new offence last year, and from things I heard he was really feeling the pressure. He didnt know the offence like he wanted to, and it showed. Collins, I dunno what he has left. Looked both horrid and decent in preseason last year. Huard is pretty ancient as well. but Im ok, with what we have right now.

Archived