Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Pick...

mhenry41h

I would not draft quinn but wouldn't you say that we do need to get another QB somewhere or would that, also, be considered insanity?

Yeah, you don't exactly go into the draft trying to pick your backup qb or at any position with the #6 overall pick.

OMG, thank you for the laugh!:laugh:

I'm pretty patient, much more so than you my friend. I expect Jason to have some tough times next year. I wasnt calling for Brunells head after week 1, like alot of peole were. And, I do think that Brunell is a good backup. NOw, I really dont want him starting 16 games, but when he is healthy, I think he has enough left to play well enough in 2-4 games if pressed into action. Remember, he was also learning a new offence last year, and from things I heard he was really feeling the pressure. He didnt know the offence like he wanted to, and it showed. Collins, I dunno what he has left. Looked both horrid and decent in preseason last year. Huard is pretty ancient as well. but Im ok, with what we have right now.

MB, I am pretty sure that you ARE "OK" with what we have, in fact, I am, just as, convinced that you are "OK" with going 5-11 again next season.

The fact is, God forbid, that Campbell can go down on the first play of next season and can be out for the remainder of the season. Do we have the QB's in place if that occurs?

You say stick to the topic but I think that the poster may have been asking should we pick a young QB to back up Campbell NOT to replace him so that WAS the topic. Quinn would be too high of a pick for that reason but we do have to be open to the fact that the possibility of losing any of our player due to injury is there. Campbell would be a HUGE lost, especially, with what we have behind him. Huard proved that he can win games when Green went down but people in D.C. booed Brunell when Campbell went down for only a couple of plays, so the confidence, in him, is not there.

Stop taking the, omnipotent, route by saying a, definite, no to everything that you THINK is not right and coming up with some, BS, stats to try and support, you before weighing others opinions.

MB, I am pretty sure that you ARE "OK" with what we have, in fact, I am, just as, convinced that you are "OK" with going 5-11 again next season.

The fact is, God forbid, that Campbell can go down on the first play of next season and can be out for the remainder of the season. Do we have the QB's in place if that occurs?

Well, I think if most teams lost their starting QB in the first game of the season, for the season, they would be in trouble. I will say that if that happens, it's going to hurt,especailly if our defences is anything like ti was this year. However, If we manage to improve our D and say Campbell did go down, I think Brunell would play better than he did last year, with a year in the system. ONe think I do know; Brunell was 30 days out from starting the season and was talking to Collins about the new system, and how he was having problems with it. Collins said it takes about a year to get it. Brunell then said, "A year? I have 30 days to get it down." So I think he would preform better than this past year.

You say stick to the topic but I think that the poster may have been asking should we pick a young QB to back up Campbell NOT to replace him so that WAS the topic. Quinn would be too high of a pick for that reason but we do have to be open to the fact that the possibility of losing any of our player due to injury is there. Campbell would be a HUGE lost, especially, with what we have behind him. Huard proved that he can win games when Green went down but people in D.C. booed Brunell when Campbell went down for only a couple of plays, so the confidence, in him, is not there.

I believe that poster that first mentioned that "draft a QB" thing was more in view of taking the best overall player, as opposed to drafting for need. If you look afterward, I posted that I thought neither Russel and certainly not quinn were better than say Anderson in terms of BPA. And comparing fans confidence and the coaches confidence is not really valid, since the fans have no power in the desideing who plays, as much as we would like.

Stop taking the, omnipotent, route by saying a, definite, no to everything that you THINK is not right and coming up with some, BS, stats to try and support, you before weighing others opinions.

Talk about oven calling the kettle black. You're worse than I am, because at least I do substanciate my views with facts. You and Oldfan dont bother with them, only with you "think". Regardless on what history has to say about it. You certainly dont wiegh my, or the majority of the ES posters opinions on drafting for defence. And if I go our of my way to find information and it backs what I already though, why should I decide to deem your unsupported opinion as more valuable? If it pisses you off that Im allways comming up with all these fact that support what Im saying, maybe you ought to take a harder look at it, I just might know what the hell Im talking about.

Just maybe.

Well, I think if most teams lost their starting QB in the first game of the season, for the season, they would be in trouble. I will say that if that happens, it's going to hurt,especailly if our defences is anything like ti was this year. However, If we manage to improve our D and say Campbell did go down, I think Brunell would play better than he did last year, with a year in the system. ONe think I do know; Brunell was 30 days out from starting the season and was talking to Collins about the new system, and how he was having problems with it. Collins said it takes about a year to get it. Brunell then said, "A year? I have 30 days to get it down." So I think he would preform better than this past year.

I believe that poster that first mentioned that "draft a QB" thing was more in view of taking the best overall player, as opposed to drafting for need. If you look afterward, I posted that I thought neither Russel and certainly not quinn were better than say Anderson in terms of BPA. And comparing fans confidence and the coaches confidence is not really valid, since the fans have no power in the desideing who plays, as much as we would like.

Talk about oven calling the kettle black. You're worse than I am, because at least I do substanciate my views with facts. You and Oldfan dont bother with them, only with you "think". Regardless on what history has to say about it. You certainly dont wiegh my, or the majority of the ES posters opinions on drafting for defence. And if I go our of my way to find information and it backs what I already though, why should I decide to deem your unsupported opinion as more valuable? If it pisses you off that Im allways comming up with all these fact that support what Im saying, maybe you ought to take a harder look at it, I just might know what the hell Im talking about.

Just maybe.

The fact is, hogfoot, that we do need a reliable back up QB and we do not have one now.

The fact is, hogfoot, that we do need a reliable back up QB and we do not have one now.

I agree that we need a reliable backup QB, I just think that Mark can do that. You dont, and I why understand why you dont. However, if you had another option and one that would not cost a ton, it certianly would be worth looking at. Now as for Huard, I think he is going to try to be a starting QB and not go to a team where he would have not chance at that. So, I dont think the Redskins would be on his list of teams. Just my opinion though.

I agree that we need a reliable backup QB, I just think that Mark can do that. You dont, and I why understand why you dont. However, if you had another option and one that would not cost a ton, it certianly would be worth looking at. Now as for Huard, I think he is going to try to be a starting QB and not go to a team where he would have not chance at that. So, I dont think the Redskins would be on his list of teams. Just my opinion though.

Dang, lefteye, you just said that Huard was an ancient, third stringer but NOW you are saying that he can go somewhere and be a starter.

Dang, lefteye, you just said that Huard was an ancient, third stringer but NOW you are saying that he can go somewhere and be a starter.

Now Sparky (since we're giving each other nicknames now) how would you like to twist my words this time?

First off he IS freakin' old at 34. And YES, he was the clipboard guy behind Trent Green and our own Todd Collins up untill last year. However, he played well last year and is looking to cash that in on his last chance to get a starting job in the NFL. Which is exactly what Mark Brunell did at age 34 coming over the the Washington Redskins. So yeah, he IS looking for that payday, otherwise he'd stay with the Cheifs and backup Trent Green, who is even older than he is and is showing frality.

Now, that being said, I have no idea how much interest he is going to attract.

This is a worse idea than the draft Calvin Johnson threads.

LOL, well, look who starts 'em. Although I do actually think he would be a good backup here (he knows the system and shown he can play) I dont think he would leave to be a backup. I think he'll only go to have a chance at starting.

Quinn won't be there at #6 anyway (so please terminate this thread immediately).

I honestly cant see the Lions passing on him, unless they sign someone like Matt Schaub as a FA. Im sure Oakland with take Russell, but they need O-line help for anyone to be able to operate in their offence, Aaron Brooks got killed back there.

How about Brady Quinn falling to #6? There should be plenty of teams interested in that trade. Miami comes to mind.

1. Russell - Raiders

2. Thomas - Lions

3. Peterson - Browns

4. CJ - Buc's

5. Adams - Cards

6. Trade Redskins swap picks with the Fin's also thier 2d and 3d - it's well worth it for a franchise QB

Skins could look at Branch, Anderson, or Carriker with the 9th pick

How about Brady Quinn falling to #6? There should be plenty of teams interested in that trade. Miami comes to mind.

1. Russell - Raiders

2. Thomas - Lions

3. Peterson - Browns

4. CJ - Buc's

5. Adams - Cards

6. Trade Redskins swap picks with the Fin's also thier 2d and 3d - it's well worth it for a franchise QB

Skins could look at Branch, Anderson, or Carriker with the 9th pick

Hmmmm.

The Lions picked up Josh McCown from Arizona as a FA this season. It's possible they wont take Quinn. I still think they probably will, but it's possible they see something in McCown and decide to go elsewhere. Minnesota might be looking for one too, if he falls this low. Miami might want to swap here as well, if the dont think Dante will be able to come back from his knee injury.

If we drafted Brady Quinn I would seriously question whether this front office was actually trying to help our team go to a superbowl. Brady Quinn will be great, but we already have a QB who has shown a lot of improvement in Jason Campbell, he has all the tools necessary to be one of the greats at QB, why would we throw that away? Draft someone on defense!

Archived