Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb Trade In the Works???

MAATopDogg

Donovan McNabb to the Lions for Second Overall Pick?

Posted Jan 31st 2007 10:35AM by Michael David Smith

Filed under: Eagles, Lions, NFL Draft, NFL Rumors

Donovan McNabb seems like a nice guy. You'd hate to see something like this happen to him. Getting shipped to the Detroit Lions is like getting sent to Leavenworth. But that's the rumor that's being circulated, both in the Ann Arbor News and in Miami during Super Bowl festivities, that the Eagles could send McNabb to the Lions for the second overall pick in the draft, and in turn use that pick for Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.

McNabb will speak publicly for the first time since his November knee injury today, and he might be asked about the vocal minority of Eagles fans who would like to see him sent packing. We already know McNabb has some gripes. Would the Eagles really want to get rid of him and build the franchise around a rookie?

That seems highly unlikely. The Eagles could be a legitimate Super Bowl contender in 2007, and bringing in a rookie quarterback would be a rebuilding move. The real story here may be how hungry NFL fans are for any kind of information about their teams. The Eagles have been out of it for two weeks, and the Lions have been out of it for six years. Fans of both teams just want to hear something juicy, and McNabb to the Lions definitely fits.

Donovan McNabb seems like a nice guy. You'd hate to see something like this happen to him. Getting shipped to the Detroit Lions is like getting sent to Leavenworth. But that's the rumor that's being circulated, both in the Ann Arbor News and in Miami during Super Bowl festivities, that the Eagles could send McNabb to the Lions for the second overall pick in the draft, and in turn use that pick for Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.

McNabb will speak publicly for the first time since his November knee injury today, and he might be asked about the vocal minority of Eagles fans who would like to see him sent packing. We already know McNabb has some gripes. Would the Eagles really want to get rid of him and build the franchise around a rookie?

That seems highly unlikely. The Eagles could be a legitimate Super Bowl contender in 2007, and bringing in a rookie quarterback would be a rebuilding move. The real story here may be how hungry NFL fans are for any kind of information about their teams. The Eagles have been out of it for two weeks, and the Lions have been out of it for six years. Fans of both teams just want to hear something juicy, and McNabb to the Lions definitely fits.

Whoa, whoa, whoa - I thought CP was going to Det for the #2 overall pick and Dre Bly - what gives??

I'd give a number 6 pick for him... Sorry JC I love you man, but I'd do it to have McNabb in BnG.

are you serious? I think he's a great QB, but he has shown the penchant to choke hard in big games. I would rather keep Campbell and the 6th overall pick.

first, this should be in Around the NFL.

Second, not that i tink this would happen...

but if it did, i would venture to guess that the eagles would not pick quinn. rather, they would resign garcia, who won a lot of allies during their run at the end of the year and fits reid's west coast offense very well. with the #2 pick, they fill a void that has haunted them for years - calvin johnson, a true #1 WR. just a thought, that's what the offseason is for right??

I am not a fan of anything Iggles :eaglesuck but McNabb does not deserve this. He worked his butt off for that team. I did have a feeling that this would happen though because of his injuries etc.

are you serious? I think he's a great QB, but he has shown the penchant to choke hard in big games. I would rather keep Campbell and the 6th overall pick.

With our talent around him? He's been surrounded by crap in philly for the better part of his career.. You damn right I would.

To be honest...the story is a bunch of B.S. A true Eagles fan would want what would be best for the teams success....McNabb has lead this team to a Super Bowl berth. I believe he can lead them back there and beyond as long as Reid runs like he did with Garcia at QB (that's saying alot).

I'd give a number 6 pick for him... Sorry JC I love you man, but I'd do it to have McNabb in BnG.

3 reasons why this is the dumbest idea EVER:

1) McNabb might not even be ready for the start of the 2007 season

2) It would annihilate any confidence that JC has developed from his pretty good performances last season

3) It would be another old veteran acquisition that is plaguing this team coupled with the fact that we need the draft this season to shore up the DLine and linebackers.

You are out of your mind if you would do this trade. :laugh:

I had no idea McNabb could play wide reciever.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To be honest...the story is a bunch of B.S. A true Eagles fan would want what would be best for the teams success....McNabb has lead this team to a Super Bowl berth. I believe he can lead them back there and beyond as long as Reid runs like he did with Garcia at QB (that's saying alot).

That's the little bit of information that none of the Garcia supporters want to acknowledge: if we ran the same offense under McNabb that we ran under Garcia we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with.

3 reasons why this is the dumbest idea EVER:

1) McNabb might not even be ready for the start of the 2007 season

2) It would annihilate any confidence that JC has developed from his pretty good performances last season

3) It would be another old veteran acquisition that is plaguing this team coupled with the fact that we need the draft this season to shore up the DLine and linebackers.

You are out of your mind if you would do this trade. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't imagine the Redskins making that trade, but they would, for once, be legitimate superbowl contenders next season with McNabb under center.

That's the little bit of information that none of the Garcia supporters want to acknowledge: if we ran the same offense under McNabb that we ran under Garcia we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with.

AMEN! If McNabb has the chance to run that offense, things would be a lot different.

On a side note....I couldn't even last two weeks without posting on this site.....lol!

I love you guys!

Archived