Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb Trade In the Works???

MAATopDogg

To be honest...the story is a bunch of B.S. A true Eagles fan would want what would be best for the teams success....McNabb has lead this team to a Super Bowl berth. I believe he can lead them back there and beyond as long as Reid runs like he did with Garcia at QB (that's saying alot).

Playcalling was part of it.

But you and I both know that Garcia has different strengths. He could make throws that McNabb cannot because of his accuracy.

I am really looking forward to two things.

1) Seeing how Westbrook handles the increased workload for a full season.

2) Seeing if Reid is actuallyable to let Marty call plays for an entire season. He slipped a little last year with the Jacksonville game, throwing in the rain and wind. If he can go a whole season and not revert back to his 65% passing attack, I'll gain a lot of respect for him.

I think our problems are many, but one of them is not quarterback. :2cents:

I don't think your problem is QB. I actually think Campbell is a good young QB and I'd be stoned with excitement if I were a Skins fan over him. McNabb, even with this injury, elevates any team to full-bore contender status. Like I said, I don't think the Skins would ever consider such a move(especially since McNabb obviously is not on the trade block to begin with) but in an alternate reality where these sorts of things happened, the Skins would be immediate superbowl contenders.

Playcalling was part of it.

But you and I both know that Garcia has different strengths. He could make throws that McNabb cannot because of his accuracy.

I am really looking forward to two things.

1) Seeing how Westbrook handles the increased workload for a full season.

2) Seeing if Reid is actuallyable to let Marty call plays for an entire season. He slipped a little last year with the Jacksonville game, throwing in the rain and wind. If he can go a whole season and not revert back to his 65% passing attack, I'll gain a lot of respect for him.

Garcia can definitely do a few things McNabb can't. Those quick slants to Stallworth and Brown were converted with much higher frequency under Garcia, because McNabb tends to throw the ball through receivers at that distance a bit too often. McNabb also throws the deep ball better, involves LJ Smith a lot more, and involves Westbrook in the passing game a bit better too.

I loved what Garcia did, but with the way the defense improved down the stretch, and with the balance (at least, our version of balance) that Garcia experienced, McNabb would have taken this team farther than Garcia did.

I wonder what eagle fans will say about McNabb if he was traded

hmmmmmmm

I think the ones who hate him in Philly would hate him more. I think the ones that support him fully now would still look for him to do well.

I know I would still insist that he is the 3rd-4th best QB in the NFL. That he makes any team for which he plays a super bowl contender, and that the criticism he has received is the most unwarranted of any American superstar athlete.

I think the ones who hate him in Philly would hate him more. I think the ones that support him fully now would still look for him to do well.

I know I would still insist that he is the 3rd-4th best QB in the NFL. That he makes any team for which he plays a super bowl contender, and that the criticism he has received is the most unwarranted of any American superstar athlete.

how many would admitt he chokes in pressure situations?

I loved what Garcia did, but with the way the defense improved down the stretch, and with the balance (at least, our version of balance) that Garcia experienced, McNabb would have taken this team farther than Garcia did.

Maybe. It's fun to speculate, because I tend to think that as well...that McNabb would have thrived as well. We'll never know for sure.

Archived