Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Olivadotti promoted to LB coach

SkinsNoles21

Lindsey lost touch with today's players and the game as it is currently played in the era of free agency. He was holding onto beliefs that you could bench a top draft pick like McIntosh indefinitely and start a minimum salary vet like Holdman to 'send messages' and play psychologist.

Those days are over. Younger players and picks are expected to come in and contribute fairly quickly. It is the job of the coaches to get them ready to play as quickly as possible.

Lindsey didn't do this. He harkened back to the way the NFL used to be 20 years ago when you just sat a rookie for a year or two before you gave him a shot to play with the regulars.

That era is over and Lindsey at 65 just couldn't adapt to the new economics and politics of the game.

I guess it's a good move for the team.....but it sure is sad when we are all getting excited about the promotion of a linebackers coach in mid January.....yikes. We got a long way to go. However, I will hang in there with this team. I have no choice. It's in the blood.

I guess it's a good move for the team.....but it sure is sad when we are all getting excited about the promotion of a linebackers coach in mid January.....yikes. We got a long way to go. However, I will hang in there with this team. I have no choice. It's in the blood.

well, it is mroe exciting than the Saunders signing was last season, mainly because we are starting to do what other "winning" franchises do. Keep drafted players internal (Betts, hopefully Dockery soon, but his delay is probably due to restructuring reasons), and start coaches young and promote internally (Lazor and Olivadotti).

Now that the LB coach situation is resolved, hopefully they take care of the secondary coaching situation. I hope they release the safety coach.
I was thinking the same thing. That whole situation with both secondary coaches holding seperate meetings for both CB's and S's all season is just ridiculous and damn scarey.

I said before that I never really advocate the firing of someone, but if that is the only way to resolve that stupid situation...then someone has got to go.

Archived