Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Olivadotti promoted to LB coach

SkinsNoles21

REDSKINS NAME KIRK OLIVADOTTI LINEBACKERS COACH

Ashburn, VA - The Washington Redskins announce today that Kirk Olivadotti has been named linebackers coach.

Olivadotti has spent his entire seven-year NFL career with the Redskins organization. He joined the team in 2000 as a quality control coach, as well as assisting with the defensive backs. In 2004, in addition to serving as the defensive quality control coach, he assisted Danny Smith with the Redskins special team’s unit. This past season, Olivadotti worked with the defensive line and continued to assist with special teams.

“Kirk is an extremely bright young coach that has earned this opportunity,” said Head Coach Joe Gibbs. “He has proven himself with every step he has taken with the Redskins and he will provide continuity to our linebacker position.”

Olivadotti’s coaching career began at the collegiate level, working with wide receivers and tight ends at Maine Maritime for one season (1997), before moving on to Indiana State for two years (1998-99), and then St. Joe’s for one season before moving to the NFL.

“I appreciate the opportunities Mr. Snyder and the Redskins organization have provided me over the past seven years,” said Olivadotti. “I look forward to taking on the new responsibilities that come with this position and the chance to work under Coach Gibbs and Coach Williams.”

who the heck is this guy?

I wish I was as happy as the rest of you guys about this, just because he's from within doesn't mean it's a great choice.

I just wish he had some better coaching experience.

-worked at maine maritime, with TE's and Wr's... (what is maine maritime)

-Indiana State for 2 years, doing what?

who the heck is this guy?

Son of Tom Olivadotti, who is a longtime LBs coach in the NFL. Also, probably the longest tenured coach on the staff, who has been here since 2000.

Sure, he doesn't have much of a track record, but I'm sure that Gibbs and company know what they have in him, and that's more important than just a "name".

Jason

Good move this organization definately needs some youth infused into it...Two yrs in a row now we've promoted a young assistant from within...05' Bill Lazor to QB coach, and that was a good move(Look how well JC improved)...06' Tom Olivadatti to LB coach...He's been here for 7yrs and has paid his dues...This is what the Patriots/Bill Belichek do Look at Eric Mangini...When Belichek made him the DC after Crennell left everybody was like who...Nows he's a HC at 34...

Archived