Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saints vs. Eagles: Who wins?

Alabama Man

I pretty much have my picks for the weekend set. I think the Pats will upset SD, the Ravens will beat the Colts, I *think* the Seahawks might pull off the upset against the Bears (not so sure about that one) but as far as this game, I have no ****ing clue.

There are so many intangibles in this game, from playoff experience, injuries, matchups. I think it's easily the biggest toss up game of the weekend. Lito being gone WILL hurt the Eagles. Make no mistake. Just by the sheer quantity of weapons the Saints can trot out and by how ingeniusely Payton creates good matchups for them, this is not a game you want to have a DB injured....let alone your best CB. If it was Brown, I wouldn't say it would matter, we all know he'll be unable to find the ball in the air and allow the catch or get a PI anyways, lol. But Sheppard is a legit CB and the Eagles will miss him dearly.

I think how the Eagles run D plays will be really key. REALLY key. I think the Eagles will be able to run at least with moderate success but the Eagles D can be so up and down as far as stopping the run, you just never know. They're playing much better overall, as a unit lately but they let Tiki tear them up real bad last week. If not for the fact that Eli completely sucks fat balls, the Eagles would've been in trouble but Eli couldn't keep the drives going or convert them into points. Drew Brees will, that's a fact. If the Eagles can't severly slow McAllister and Bush, it could get ugly for them on defense.

I'm not even going to bother trying to pick this one, I can see it going either way. I can say with a fair amount of certainty, though, that I'm expecting one hell of an exciting, high scoring game. Looking forward to it. :)

Face it, the NFCE was weak this year. None of the teams including the Iggs are SB caliber. Although, it would be kinda funny to see Garcia lead them to something McNabb could not. Imagine how many of the guys that boo'd McNabb when he was drafted would come out of the woodwork. The hilarity that would ensue would be priceless.

Face it, the NFCE was weak this year. None of the teams including the Iggs are SB caliber. Although, it would be kinda funny to see Garcia lead them to something McNabb could not. Imagine how many of the guys that boo'd McNabb when he was drafted would come out of the woodwork. The hilarity that would ensue would be priceless.

Honestly, in this year's NFC, the Iggs ARE suber bowl caliber. All NFC playoff teams are. As I've said before, I'm convinced that not a single NFC team would've made the playoffs if you trasnplanted them into the AFC.

I've made that comment to a few friends recently. It would be completely hilarious if Garcia won a SB with the Eagles.

30 people boo'd McNabb, and they were all morons lead by king moron, Angelo Cataldi. They are a representation of no one.

This game is a toss-up. The Eags have the defense, the Saints have homefield advantage. I like Brees over Garcia, but I like Westbrook over Bush. With Joe Horn out, the WR matchup is a dead heat.

I know the thread calls for a simple "yes" or "no" but I cannot pick a winner. I'm rooting for New Orleans to go all the way.

Actually, the Saints defense is ranked higher than the Eagles D. But I agree it's still going to be a tossup Saturday. And Joe Horn said he will play Saturday.

Actually, the Saints defense is ranked higher than the Eagles D. But I agree it's still going to be a tossup Saturday. And Joe Horn said he will play Saturday.

Though he will play....how well he plays is the question. Groin injuries are now joke. You can't tie your shoes let along run a slant and go with a double shimmy after 10 yards.....

If I was the Eagles, I'd jam the hell outta him. Rough'em up a bit, you know, Lester Haynes'em. That way, you not only get to see how the injury is, but in the playoffs, frustration settles in quickly.....especially for young teams.

Though he will play....how well he plays is the question. Groin injuries are now joke. You can't tie your shoes let along run a slant and go with a double shimmy after 10 yards.....

If I was the Eagles, I'd jam the hell outta him. Rough'em up a bit, you know, Lester Haynes'em. That way, you not only get to see how the injury is, but in the playoffs, frustration settles in quickly.....especially for young teams.

I don't think Joe Horn could get frustrated by that. He's been in this league a long time and has seen everything. He's a very gritty player and has played through pain and injury. Colston yes, I would jam him, but he is so big that it might not be a good idea for a cb to take that approach with him.

I don't think Joe Horn could get frustrated by that. He's been in this league a long time and has seen everything. He's a very gritty player and has played through pain and injury. Colston yes, I would jam him, but he is so big that it might not be a good idea for a cb to take that approach with him.

I think we'll have a tough time with the Saints' wide receivers no matter how we cut it. Colston and Horn are exactly the sorts that give us problems, though I think Horn is going to be pulling his leg behind him all game.

What a great game that was. We played the Rams 3 times that year, and twice in a row since we played them the last regular season game too.

That game was great because they were the first team to rock black cleats for the playoffs, and they wore the road unis for the game.

The Saints defense is 11th in the league in total defense. But this is largely a testament to their terrific offense, and its ability to stay on the field. Consider this:

1. Only two defenses spent less time on the field than the Saints -- the Ravens and the Jaguars.

2. The Saints defended the fewest number of plays in the league (930)

3. The Saints defense yielded 5.3 yards per play, 18th in the league.

4. The Saints allowed 4.9 yards per carry, 29th in the league

5. An even better measure of pass defense is the defensive passer rating -- the QB rating of opposing QBs in games played against the Saints. Here, the Saints rank

23rd in the league -- worse than any other playoff team.

The last stat is perhaps the most significant, because it is a terrific historic indicator of a team's success. Look at the defenses that are at the top of the list -- Ravens, Patriots, Bears. These are stout defenses. The Eagles are 6th.

thespaniard, it is all over the Eagles board that Joe Horn is out. Can you confirm this?

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13703

Fans on the saintsreport.com message board are reporting this as they are listening to Joe Horn on his weekly radio show on WWL 870 AM. Apparently the report is that Joe is saying he is out for this game.

thespaniard, it is all over the Eagles board that Joe Horn is out. Can you confirm this?

Fans on the saintsreport.com message board are reporting this as they are listening to Joe Horn on his weekly radio show on WWL 870 AM. Apparently the report is that Joe is saying he is out for this game.

Huh! Lito can cover him after all.

I thought I heard on NFL Network last night that he is going to be run hard in warm ups on Saturday and if he can go - he plays. My opinion is even if he plays he won't be the Joe Horn of the first game, and I would think conditioning would come into play in the 2nd half. JM :2cents: .

I know every message board is a homer board, but I especially liked this post from the above thread:

"Mods, shouldn't we take this thread down? We don't want the Eagles getting word that they have to prepare for Copper instead of Horn."

Also was struck by how confident the Saints fans are - plenty of talk about "saving Horn for the Super Bowl". I guess Philly boards are just as confident about us winning as well.

I don't have a link, I saw it on sportscenter earlier this week. Joe Horn said he would play. If he's saying he won't now, then I guess he won't.

edit: I just read the whole thread, and it seems like Horn was speaking more hypothetically, if he did not play then he was sorry. Sounds like he is still a gametime decision. The big question will be if Payton takes a chance with him or not. Payton has a policy of 'if you don't practice you don't play,' much like Parcells. He may make Horn inactive and not even give him the chance to test it. Payton has been doing stuff like that all season.

Archived