Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saints vs. Eagles: Who wins?

Alabama Man

Well that what happens when you lose 4 close games earlier in the season

Alright, we've been on this a while now, which seems to be my fault, but let me say again that I don't think this will play a significant role in the outcome of the game. Basically it's an unimportant detail, but no less illogical as a result.

Anyway, our 4 lost close games shouldn't play into the matter because even including them we are a higher seed than the Seahawks.

Alright, this doesn't matter enough to continue the discussion.

Saints.

Going to be extremely difficult to contain that offense even moreso now that Sheppard is out.

These two teams were one and two in total O this year. The Saints averaged 10 yds and 1 point more per game than the Eagles. The Eagles did average about 1 yd per carry more than the Saints[about 4.8 compared to 3.8] and gave up about one half yd per carry less than the Saints. I'm expecting the Eagles to try and do to the Saints what they did to the Cowboys in Dallas and run quite a bit and try and keep the ball out of Brees' hands.

Missing Sheppard will hurt but it may be somewhat neutralized if Horn isn't 100%. Horn had a great game in the first meeting between these teams. I'm hoping after the game is over Skin's fans are drooling over the prospect of signing William James[nee Peterson] who will be trying to show he's returned to the form he showed as a Giant before he got hurt so he can cash in big time.

These two teams were one and two in total O this year. The Saints averaged 10 yds and 1 point more per game than the Eagles. The Eagles did average about 1 yd per carry more than the Saints[about 4.8 compared to 3.8] and gave up about one half yd per carry less than the Saints. I'm expecting the Eagles to try and do to the Saints what they did to the Cowboys in Dallas and run quite a bit and try and keep the ball out of Brees' hands.

Missing Sheppard will hurt but it may be somewhat neutralized if Horn isn't 100%. Horn had a great game in the first meeting between these teams. I'm hoping after the game is over Skin's fans are drooling over the prospect of signing William James[nee Peterson] who will be trying to show he's returned to the form he showed as a Giant before he got hurt so he can cash in big time.

I believe James actually signed a two-year contract. Rod Hood is starting though and he'll be playing for a big time contract since he is an UFA in a few months and, I believe, does not intend to be in Philly next year.

I believe James actually signed a two-year contract. Rod Hood is starting though and he'll be playing for a big time contract since he is an UFA in a few months and, I believe, does not intend to be in Philly next year.

No...James signed a one year deal. Hood won't be back next year and he's hurt his market appeal IMO with his play this year.

http://www.nflpa.com/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=30146

No...James signed a one year deal. Hood won't be back next year and he's hurt his market appeal IMO with his play this year.

http://www.nflpa.com/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=30146

I didn't realize James signed a one year deal. Everything I've heard about him seemed to suggest that they have intentions with him beyond this season, which made me think we must have given him a longer deal.

You and I disagree on Hood I guess. I'd say his market value is far more than James' and that he'll be starting somewhere for 16 games next season.

The more I think about this game, the better I feel. Horn will not be even close to 100% which is similiar to us losing Sheppard. The Eagles had just come off beating TO, I mean the Cowboys, at Philly and the 1st half was a letdown.

As to people saying OWUEagle is making an pre-ready excuse based on scheduling - he wasn't. It would make sense from a football point of view to give teams equal amounts of rest heading into their next week of playoffs. There was no reason they shouldn't have played Seattle on Saturday again and Philly on Sunday. But, as OWU said, that will not be the reason the Eagles win/lose. If they lose it will be because of referreeing. :) And because the NFL wanted the Cinderelly saints in the SB.

The more I think about this game, the better I feel. Horn will not be even close to 100% which is similiar to us losing Sheppard.

Why wouldn't Horn be 100%? He hasn't played in like 5-6 weeks by now. I know he's being limited in practice this week but I think that is just precautionary.

But even if he doesn't we will be fine. He only started 9 games for us anyway, and wasn't even in a huge role then. It's not nearly the same a losing a player of Sheppard's caliber.

Why wouldn't Horn be 100%? He hasn't played in like 5-6 weeks by now. I know he's being limited in practice this week but I think that is just precautionary.

But even if he doesn't we will be fine. He only started 9 games for us anyway, and wasn't even in a huge role then. It's not nearly the same a losing a player of Sheppard's caliber.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2725768

Another guy I wonder about is Hollis Thomas. He's back from his suspension but can he be effective without his medication? They were terrible against the run even with him on the field so they will be more at risk without him being 100%.

Horn played a huge role in the first game V the Eagles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2725768

Another guy I wonder about is Hollis Thomas. He's back from his suspension but can he be effective without his medication? They were terrible against the run even with him on the field so they will be more at risk without him being 100%.

Horn played a huge role in the first game V the Eagles.

if by medication you mean his steroids, i'm sure it won't be a big factor its not like hes just going to immediately lose any muscles he gained. Otherwise if you actually believe it was his asthma medication all I have to say is :laugh:

if by medication you mean his steroids, i'm sure it won't be a big factor its not like hes just going to immediately lose any muscles he gained. Otherwise if you actually believe it was his asthma medication all I have to say is :laugh:

Anyone who is familiar with his body shape believes it is his asthma medication.

BTWFWIW....The Eagles were 4-1 without Sheppard this season and the Saints were 3-3 without Horn.

Anyone who is familiar with his body shape believes it is his asthma medication.

:laugh: If you believe that boy does that explain a lot. It was reported that numerous players across (and on his team) the NFL use the same asthma medication as he does and did not fail. He also failed for some steroid that is not in any single asthma medication around. Charlie Casserly reported this and I even posted it in the thread a while back. A common misconception is that steroids only add weight, when in fact they can be used to cut down body fat.Charlie Casserly said the asthma excuse was just basically to put some doubt in peoples mind since he will be a FA next year. But hey if you want to be guillible more power to you.

Edit:

Found this while searching

" The league denied Thomas' appeal of his August positive test in late November, saying its tests are sophisticated enough to detect the differences between prescribed asthma medication and performance-enhancing substances such as clenbuterol, a bronchodilator medication that opens airways that may tighten during asthma attacks."

Also this

"But league spokesman Greg Aiello said last week that the testing procedure is sophisticated enough to detect approved asthma medications, some of which are steroidal, and substances such as beta-2 agonists, such as clenbuterol, that are prohibited.

"There's no asthma medication on our banned substance list," Aiello said, "unless it's something that has ephedra (a known stimulant common in some cold medications and also on the banned substance list) in it. And players can apply for a special medical exemption. There are numerous players who have been approved for the therapeutic use of something on the banned list like a diuretic or ephedra.

"We're not discriminating against asthmatics. But there's nothing in asthma medication that would trigger a positive test. . . . And the medical waiver doesn't have to be requested in advance. It can be given at that point. Hollis Thomas had his appeal, presented his evidence, and the league rejected it.""

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/16219784.htm

Also you should read this article titled Athletes' mantra now is "admit to nothing"

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-27/1166689912169760.xml&coll=1

Hollis also played a huge game the first time the two teams met. I'm struggling to remember Eagles that had a great performance in the last game? Anyone got anything?

I remember Jason Avant had a very bad fumble and a tough drop on what would have been a fantastic play by McNabb. Gaither's 12 man on the field penalty was also huge in that game.

I'm also having a tough time remembering Eagles who had a great game.

Archived