Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's To Getting ST Some Help!(Merged)

FuriousD

For the second week in a row Sean Taylor's piss-poor play results in TD's for the opposition.

Tonight Taylor was AWOL on two 50+ TD runs by Tiki Barber, flagged for pass interference and suckered on an easy TD catch by the guy he was supposed to be covering.

But hey, he's a beast right? One of the very best safeties in the league, right? One of the defensive leaders we can't do without right?

Riiight! :doh:

Fact is the guy was a turnstyle out there tonight which is quite an accomplishment considering Barber ran for over 230 yds and Taylor is supposed to be playing Free Safety.

Face it! The guy is part of the bigger problem and NOT part of the solution!

He needs help guys if you watched him tonigh.He was all over the field trying to make plays.He has no one that has any cover skills back there with him and his LBs suck.If this guy had some help he would be the best player in the NFL.He had a record high 110 tackles this year.So here's to helping out ST and our defense period.:cheers:

He needs help guys if you watched him tonigh.He was all over the field trying to make plays.He has no one that has any cover skills back there with him and his LBs suck.If this guy had some help he would be the best player in the NFL.He had a record high 110 tackles this year.So here's to helping out ST and our defense period.:cheers:

*sigh*, man we need serious changes. I agree the LB corp needs some serious evaluation.

w/e..dude, We have seen him make plays. Now, Our lb have yet to make a play this entire season. I will admit that Taylor has played like ****, but he is easily our best Defensive player. Name one guy better than him, you could make a case for Marcus Washington, but that is about it. Carter, I know will be pretty good, but it is time for him to put on some weight. and I-57 need to learn how to warm a bench because that is where he will be.

Yeah, because Sean Taylor is the only one on defense right? Oh, wait there are supposed to be 10 other guys out there too. Sorry, ST is still the "Meast" he can't cover, pass-rush, blitz, and stop the run all by himself. The other 10 need to step up and then we'll see all that ST really is, just like last year.

For the second week in a row Sean Taylor's piss-poor play results in TD's for the opposition.

Tonight Taylor was AWOL on two 50+ TD runs by Tiki Barber, flagged for pass interference and suckered on an easy TD catch by the guy he was supposed to be covering.

But hey, he's a beast right? One of the very best safeties in the league, right? One of the defensive leaders we can't do without right?

Riiight! :doh:

Fact is the guy was a turnstyle out there tonight which is quite an accomplishment considering Barber ran for over 230 yds and Taylor is supposed to be playing Free Safety.

Face it! The guy is part of the bigger problem and NOT part of the solution!

Right. You must've not watched that pass interference play then. You have got to be joking me if you think that was a penalty. As for the 50+ yard running plays look at the missed tackles at the line of scrimmage. Our LB's are weak and you know it. If we had any kind of presence from them there wouldn't be any of those runs. Taylor didn't have a good year by any means but you're retarded to think we should get rid of them.

Sean Taylor is a great player..We need some help on defense though..But Sean Taylor is not the only problem.

ST is not the problem period.His worst game was when Springs and Washington were out.Like i said give the guy some help and he will be great.

I agree totally. He's made some mistakes, no doubt, but an entire defense shouldn't collapse when a safety moves out of position (which he wouldn't feel he has to do if our front 7 could do anything).

The biggest positive I have on ST right now is that he seems to have kept his temper about himself extremely well this year (knock on wood). I would like to see him shed the bad rep, and he seems to be trying. I don't know about you, but he got some unfairness shoved in his face tonight (that awful PI call... and did any one else see Plax shove him? Did I miss something here?) and I thought he handled it well. Didn't even snap at the refs like a lot of players would. Hopefully that continues.

Give him a pass rush:

Select Gaines Adams.

Give Him cover corners:

SIgn Clements or Samuels

Carlos = IMPROVE!!

Give him a partner who can cover:

Springs - Learn from Troy Vincent on making the transition to Safety

Give Him continuity:

Keep all coaches, coordinators and system

Give Him a time consuming offense with scoringpower:

Portis Get healthy - everyone else - practice timing and LEAVE THE REST ALONE!!

We are closer than you think to competing. This Conference is awful and this Division even worse. HAIL!!! :eaglesuck

ST is not the problem period.His worst game was when Springs and Washington were out.Like i said give the guy some help and he will be great.

The great players make a difference.

You give a person enough help... you can turn Matt Stevens into a Pro Bowler. What does that say exactly?

I hate these miserable ignorant excuses that Sean Taylor is trying hard to make up for his teammates.

As if Gregg Williams is going to allow Sean Taylor to freelance :rolleyes:

Taylor doesn't have to make up for everyone else's play... I'd appreciate it if he simply avoided making his own mistakes instead of compounding the problem.

Archived