Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's To Getting ST Some Help!(Merged)

FuriousD

Bingo. Sean Taylor is a great player for highlight reels cuz he produces big hits, a few FFs, and the occasional INT.

But he was awful tonight. How many times has he bit on the run fake, only to be wrong and a TD pass come floating over his head? Lots of missed tackles tonight.

That's all Redskins fans want from there players. We've had such piss poor play in the past 15 years... that if you can deliver a big hit... Redskins fans will hop on your hype machine and ensure you get a $15M bonus on your next contract.

You must not watch football very much there are more than just Skins fans that like ST.A lot of people think he's a good safety.He would be a lot better with some help.Here's a link for you why dont you read it.This isn't a Skins fan that rights this.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9880714

Oh yeah, the media. That just validates everything.

I haven't missed a Redskins game in 10 years. And I haven't missed a snap this year either. Not too many reporters can say that.

And if anyone thinks Sean Taylor deserves to be in the Pro Bowl this season.... well, to me, shows who hasn't been watching the Skins.

Nice to see another Redskins fan not buy into the hype machine. :)

Skins fans are the worst when it comes to loyalty to their drafted players. Even undrafted free agents.

The only player that comes to my mind that doesn't seem to have any strong backers - which is surprising - appears to be Carlos Rogers.

Yah, I just don't see guys like Derrick Brooks or Ray Lewis ever having their name attached to a defense like the one we've seen this year.

The great ones elevate the play of everyone around them. They can take over the game, will things to happen. Not only has Taylor been incapable of this, he hasn't even been able to be a consistent performer at his own position. It seems that the pro-bowl balloters don't think too highly of him either. :)

Its sad isnt it?A couple of bad games and people are ready to through in the towel on him.Lets not pick on him , we should pick on the entire defense.

Yeah it is sad and its not just ST.Look at Portis and Jansen when those 2 got hurt.Everyone wanted to trade them.Now all those people are thinking twice.No love for Betts now he fumbled in 2 games back to back.So now we should trade him.He's i idea lets keep our good players for once.Lets not let people go like Pierce,Clark or hell even Smoot.Lets try to keep our players and Chemistry together.

Yes, he made two great plays last year, I agree.

Now some math... take the total number of snaps he played, and divide that by the number of great plays he's made since he's been in the NFL.

Or maybe just think about it. Is he an impact player, the likes of Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Polumalu, etc?

Or are you just in love with his physical attributes, or the fact that he was taken #5 overall?

I would say that Sean Taylor is nowhere close to being an impact player / game changer in the NFL. A great athlete capable of making some outstanding plays? Of course. But he's not even an all pro. Hell, he's not even learned how to play his position consistently.

TWO ? How bout the caused fumbles?The forth down stops, He is leading the team in tackles for crying out loud.A saftey should be first in tackles on a team.What about M.Washington?He had a proboel year last year, and not much this year.Is he still an impact player....hell yes and is greatly missed.Why did he not have a good year ... beacuse the D as a whole just sucked.

Yah, I just don't see guys like Derrick Brooks or Ray Lewis ever having their name attached to a defense like the one we've seen this year.

The great ones elevate the play of everyone around them. They can take over the game, will things to happen. Not only has Taylor been incapable of this, he hasn't even been able to be a consistent performer at his own position. It seems that the pro-bowl balloters don't think too highly of him either. :)

The great ones are fundamentally sound. They can be counted on... on every play they are involved in. And once in awhile... they'll deliver the highlight reel plays.

All Redskins fans care about are the highlight reel plays.

Don't forget.. 2 weeks ago Kedric Goltson had a good game. That was it... we had that position locked up for the next 10 years. Pro Bowler. Has anyone heard from him since?

For that matter... Cornelius Griffin has completely disappeared this season. Which is very disappointing.

Bingo. Sean Taylor is a great player for highlight reels cuz he produces big hits, a few FFs, and the occasional INT.

But he was awful tonight. How many times has he bit on the run fake, only to be wrong and a TD pass come floating over his head? Lots of missed tackles tonight.

One bad game or even a couple bad games when he's forced to try and cover too many areas does not mean that ST is a bum. Ya'll were washing ST's feet last year just like the rest of us, but he tosses up a couple bad games when the rest of the D sucks and suddenly is time for his walking papers? Come on!

BTW, the highlights don't just show the fancy plays, they also show the key plays of the game and its these turning point plays that ST keeps showing up in and ya'll know it.

Oh yeah, the media. That just validates everything.

I haven't missed a Redskins game in 10 years. And I haven't missed a snap this year either. Not too many reporters can say that.

And if anyone thinks Sean Taylor deserves to be in the Pro Bowl this season.... well, to me, shows who hasn't been watching the Skins.

You sound like a Cowboys fan to me and you must not watch football as much as you say.Point is he might not have been a PB player this year.For the 100th time if he has some help he will be a PB safety.Why is RW so good why is ER so good.Lets think about this maybe they have players around them.How about TP he has some good players there in Pittsburgh.Point is the Pro Bowl safetys have help.Our Safety doesn't.

Brooks really elevated his defense this year.... :doh:

TWO ? How bout the caused fumbles?The forth down stops, He is leading the team in tackles for crying out loud.A saftey should be first in tackles on a team.What about M.Washington?He had a proboel year last year, and not much this year.Is he still an impact player....hell yes and is greatly missed.Why did he not have a good year ... beacuse the D as a whole just sucked.

That is a very good point.Washington did not have the year he did last year.So why isn't everyone crying about him.

I will say it again...as I did in weeks prior....he is overrated.

shut up....i am so sick of the so called fans on this board...take a shot on the chin...this year was pathetic...so be it....i hope you are one this same website next year at this time....enjoy the best time of the year for a skins fan.....the offseason. i will be a taylor fan until his first appearance in jail. HAIL SKINS!!! NEXT YEAR WIll BE a BETTER YEAR!

The great ones are fundamentally sound. They can be counted on... on every play they are involved in. And once in awhile... they'll deliver the highlight reel plays.

All Redskins fans care about are the highlight reel plays.

Don't forget.. 2 weeks ago Kedric Goltson had a good game. That was it... we had that position locked up for the next 10 years. Pro Bowler. Has anyone heard from him since?

For that matter... Cornelius Griffin has completely disappeared this season. Which is very disappointing.

It's funny how Griff's career in Wash has panned out almost exactly the way it did in NY :doh:

I agree 100% with what you are saying otherwise... it is clear that Sean Taylor is the next Lavar, in terms of how he has endeared himself to Redskins' Nation without even being able to execute the basics of his position.

But I digress, I don't think Taylor is bad, or a bust. I think he can be a solid starter for us back there for a few more years with more work and a better supporting cast... I've just written off hope that he's going to be the man back there for us.

Yes, he made two great plays last year, I agree.

Now some math... take the total number of snaps he played, and divide that by the number of great plays he's made since he's been in the NFL.

Or maybe just think about it. Is he an impact player, the likes of Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Polumalu, etc?

Or are you just in love with his physical attributes, or the fact that he was taken #5 overall?

I would say that Sean Taylor is nowhere close to being an impact player / game changer in the NFL. A great athlete capable of making some outstanding plays? Of course. But he's not even an all pro. Hell, he's not even learned how to play his position consistently.

I think this is so unfair when you look at his play in context. This defense is atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. We saw this man in a defense that was playing well the last two years. He was feared by opponents. He is a bone cushing hitter. He is an intimidator. He is now standing amidst the WORST defensive players in the league man! We are 30th in team defense. We set a NFL HISTORY record for fewest takeaways this year. We got gashed in the running game. We got NO pressure with our front. We had Mike RUmph in the secondary until we signed 40 year old troy vincent because the highest paid safety in the history of the National Football LEague couldn't beat him out for a starting job on the 30th ranked defense in football. Carlos ROgers played so poorly this year that we have to reconsider him as a franchise corner in the future despite HIS high draft pick status. This defense was horrible but week in and week out Taylor went a 100%. I never saw him loafing. I never saw him not binging it. I never saw him slow down. I never heard his mouth running in the media. I never saw him do anything but try too hard to rescue his teamates from their fatal mistakes. Is he gonna win a bunch of awards this year? No. But nobody is on a team this bad. But when you are addressing what to remove and what to add, you can just breeze right by Sean Taylor for now and move over to the positions around him like the other safety, the corners, the nickle corners, the defensive end, the defensive tackles. When you look at the defense and put it in order of importance where changes are needed Sean Taylor is at the very bottom of the list. :eaglesuck

That is a very good point.Washington did not have the year he did last year.So why isn't everyone crying about him.

Actually, I've been shouting from the rooftops about the season MW has had.

Nobody is listening though.

I've watched him on tape. He can't shed blocks, and he is getting man-handled at the line of scrimmage. But not by Olinemen... by TE's / FB's. :doh: This is unacceptable for a strong-side linebacker.

Furthermore, what has traditionally been MW's strength, pass coverage, has been a weakness for him this year as well.

I hope he turns it around.

(Hell, with Holdman and Marshall at least I'm not expecting much. But MW? He's supposed to be our guy back there :doh: )

Brooks is 33 years old now. Now in his 13th year.. this is the season you want to compare Brooks to Taylor? That's the strength of your reply?

If the great ones elevate play of others( what I was refering to) then what happened this year....oh he is 33.Doesnt matter how old he is if he is great he should be able to elevate the team... right? one player cant do everything.

But I digress, I don't think Taylor is bad, or a bust. I think he can be a solid starter for us back there for a few more years with more work and a better supporting cast... I've just written off hope that he's going to be the man back there for us.

True. He flashes the physical ability... and there's no where to go but up. But he won't be one of the great ones. But he'll get paid like it, no doubt.

Actually, I've been shouting from the rooftops about the season MW has had.

Nobody is listening though.

I've watched him on tape. He can't shed blocks, and he is getting man-handled at the line of scrimmage. But not by Olinemen... by TE's / FB's. :doh: This is unacceptable for a strong-side linebacker.

Furthermore, what has traditionally been MW's strength, pass coverage, has been a weakness for him this year as well.

I hope he turns it around.

(Hell, with Holdman and Marshall at least I'm not expecting much. But MW? He's supposed to be our guy back there :doh: )

He will i think MW and ST are fine.I think our other LBs are the problem.

Is Troy Polomolua(sp) a bust? Last week, he got burned twice on man-on-man and gave up two 20+ TD. Taylor sucked this year, but since when is getting drafted in the top 5 mean that you have to be a HOF player. The way 1st round picks are talked here makes me think like that.

True. He flashes the physical ability... and there's no where to go but up. But he won't be one of the great ones. But he'll get paid like it, no doubt.

he wont be one of the great ones.Okay i guess you are right he is in his 3rd year.Can anyone tell me what the average is for years a safety plays?

Archived