Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's To Getting ST Some Help!(Merged)

FuriousD

I was more disappointed with him in coverage. He never looks to catch the ball anymore. His coverage is good but when he sees the ball go up its like he is daring the guy to touch it because he wants to hit people so bad. He took some bad angles today but Barber never made him miss as he was coming to fill like he did to Fox and Vincent. My only critism of Taylor tonight was he could have taken higher angles, that way he would have caught Barber near the goaline instead of letting him score. He still made some good hits tonight and was in on half the tackles.

I agree totally. He's made some mistakes, no doubt, but an entire defense shouldn't collapse when a safety moves out of position (which he wouldn't feel he has to do if our front 7 could do anything).

So, you're suggesting he's freelancing.... moving out of position... trying to cover up for mistakes all the time?

He was my favorite player but I'm sick of making excuses for him. He's simply another Lavar to me right now until proven otherwise.

See this statment is stupid.He was my favorite Redskins.Come on man he didn't do that bad this year.Everyone here just wants him to do everything.He cant people ST cant make the team up by himself.Thats why its a team HE NEEDS PLAYERS AROUND HIM.Its just like any other sport its a team game.

Give him a pass rush:

Select Gaines Adams.

Give Him cover corners:

SIgn Clements or Samuels

Carlos = IMPROVE!!

Give him a partner who can cover:

Springs - Learn from Troy Vincent on making the transition to Safety

Give Him continuity:

Keep all coaches, coordinators and system

Give Him a time consuming offense with scoringpower:

Portis Get healthy - everyone else - practice timing and LEAVE THE REST ALONE!!

We are closer than you think to competing. This Conference is awful and this Division even worse. HAIL!!! :eaglesuck

I like this but do you think Springs is durable enough for saftey?He seems to be hurt every year.

See this statment is stupid.He was my favorite Redskins.Come on man he didn't do that bad this year.Everyone here just wants him to do everything.He cant people ST cant make the team up by himself.Thats why its a team HE NEEDS PLAYERS AROUND HIM.Its just like any other sport its a team game.

exactly what i was about to say

Give him a pass rush:

Select Gaines Adams.

Give Him cover corners:

SIgn Clements or Samuels

Carlos = IMPROVE!!

Give him a partner who can cover:

Springs - Learn from Troy Vincent on making the transition to Safety

Give Him continuity:

Keep all coaches, coordinators and system

Give Him a time consuming offense with scoringpower:

Portis Get healthy - everyone else - practice timing and LEAVE THE REST ALONE!!

We are closer than you think to competing. This Conference is awful and this Division even worse. HAIL!!! :eaglesuck

I agree with this, good post.

Sean is a Fantastic player. He stayed out of off the field trouble completely this year. He played his ass off every single game. He had penalties A) because he is just a monster hitter and B) He is always trying to save one of his inept teamates out there. When he is running across the field to make a tackle on a guy who is five yards behind Kenny Wright who was supposed to be man up on this particular reciever and at full speed Taylor takes the angle and slams the guy out of bounds I cut him a little slack and Kenny Wright a little less. When he is clearly playing deep zone and they run a screen and he is the FIRST one to the play after the back juked the entire front seven out of their shoes and Taylor's touchdown saving tackle entails his hand hitting the backs facemask, I can look the other way. The guy is all over the field. If he had ANY pass rush, any help at the other safety and any corner play the guy would be absolutely a beast back their. The LAST thing wrong with this defense is the play of Sean Taylor.

I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that Taylor is not going to be the impact, game changing player that we thought we were getting at #5 overall.

I think he will be a starter for the Redskins thru the length of his contract, and I think he'll start well into another contract as well. He might even make a pro-bowl if he ever plays consistently for a playoff team.

But as far as being a game changer, a turnover machine, or a true impact player... he's just not that guy.

Why do I say that? Because 3 years into his career, he hasn't been that player, not even close.

I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that Taylor is not going to be the impact, game changing player that we thought we were getting at #5 overall.

I think he will be a starter for the Redskins thru the length of his contract, and I think he'll start well into another contract as well. He might even make a pro-bowl if he ever plays consistently for a playoff team.

But as far as being a game changer, a turnover machine, or a true impact player... he's just not that guy.

Why do I say that? Because 3 years into his career, he hasn't been that player, not even close.

Do you not remeber last year Eagles and TB in the playoffs?Two TDs to the house off fumbles?Are you kidding?

Sean is a Fantastic player. He stayed out of off the field trouble completely this year. He played his ass off every single game. He had penalties A) because he is just a monster hitter and B) He is always trying to save one of his inept teamates out there. When he is running across the field to make a tackle on a guy who is five yards behind Kenny Wright who was supposed to be man up on this particular reciever and at full speed Taylor takes the angle and slams the guy out of bounds I cut him a little slack and Kenny Wright a little less. When he is clearly playing deep zone and they run a screen and he is the FIRST one to the play after the back juked the entire front seven out of their shoes and Taylor's touchdown saving tackle entails his hand hitting the backs facemask, I can look the other way. The guy is all over the field. If he had ANY pass rush, any help at the other safety and any corner play the guy would be absolutely a beast back their. The LAST thing wrong with this defense is the play of Sean Taylor.

I agree and i hate to say it,but put him on Dallas.I mean put ST in a Dallas uniforn instead of RW and see what happens.Dallas has a good pash rush(Ware).Thing also have a true #1 CB(Newman).Put ST ove there and everyone would fear him every week.Give the guy a Rookie DE with Carter and a true #1 CB.Then come talk to me on how he sucks.

How can you say this? Time after time in the highlight reels its ST who keeps coming up with the key defensive plays, each time its him stripping the ball, or him making the big hit, or him picking up the loose ball and running it back. I personally can't think of any other player who continually seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Nice to see another Redskins fan not buy into the hype machine. :)

Skins fans are the worst when it comes to loyalty to their drafted players. Even undrafted free agents.

The only player that comes to my mind that doesn't seem to have any strong backers - which is surprising - appears to be Carlos Rogers.

Do you not remeber last year Eagles and TB in the playoffs?Two TDs to the house off fumbles?Are you kidding?

Lets not forget the 4ht down stops he has at the end of a game.I know he has had a few of those.Its funny homw people blame there best player.I mean thats why he's blamed.The same reason why Roy Williams made the Pro Bowl.He's name its all about his name.We heard it so much last year.That everyone expects him to win every game for us.

How can you say this? Time after time in the highlight reels its ST who keeps coming up with the key defensive plays, each time its him stripping the ball, or him making the big hit, or him picking up the loose ball and running it back. I personally can't think of any other player who continually seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Bingo. Sean Taylor is a great player for highlight reels cuz he produces big hits, a few FFs, and the occasional INT.

But he was awful tonight. How many times has he bit on the run fake, only to be wrong and a TD pass come floating over his head? Lots of missed tackles tonight.

He may be that game-changing player, maybe not... all I know is it would break my heart to see him go. I've seen two seasons indicating he is a play-maker... and one questionable one, in which the whole defense sucked.

Sorry, but I'm still comfy on the ST bandwagon. :D

Yeah, that was a fabulous play Taylor made against Tampa Bay. Marcus Washington recovers a football and gets it stripped 10 yards later... and Taylor swoops it up again and runs untouched to the end zone. Only Merton Hanks was more fortuitous.

Gotta draft those types of players top 5 :rolleyes:

The only benefit to Sean Taylor is he screwed himself in his negotiations with the Skins after he got drafted. So his contract isn't overvalued :)

But I don't see Ronnie Lott out there.

Yes, he made two great plays last year, I agree.

Now some math... take the total number of snaps he played, and divide that by the number of great plays he's made since he's been in the NFL.

Or maybe just think about it. Is he an impact player, the likes of Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Polumalu, etc?

Or are you just in love with his physical attributes, or the fact that he was taken #5 overall?

I would say that Sean Taylor is nowhere close to being an impact player / game changer in the NFL. A great athlete capable of making some outstanding plays? Of course. But he's not even an all pro. Hell, he's not even learned how to play his position consistently.

I like this but do you think Springs is durable enough for saftey?He seems to be hurt every year.

Its a concern. To be quite honest IF Arch has any chance of playing here into the future to avoid that 5 million had cap penalty Springs at Safety in coverage situations coupled with Arch in on more run oriented percentage situations could work out nicely. Not to mention depending on how he returns from injury we get Prieloeu back as well. SPrings could play less downs that a #1 and actually preserve him. Troy Vincent (who I understand is a much different build) made the switch to PROLONG his career. Shawn is awesome in coverage. Could you imagine Nate Clements at the #1, ROgers at the #2, Springs and Taylor at Safety, Gaines Adams rushing off one edge, Carter off the other. A push from a healthy Griffith and London Fletcher or Cato June between Washington and ROcky when the opponent is in a 3rd and long situation? And if you watched this season third and long was easily convertible. Thats back breaking for the defense and it happened all year to us. The above scenario is completely doable and I think it would make us a seriously more dangerous football team with our special teams play, now a decent kicker and punter and an offense that when it gets portis back and a year of off season work for campbell can be down right nasty to stop (we MUST sign dockery but Samuels is restructuring so we should pull it off). HAIL!!!:eaglesuck

Lets not forget the 4ht down stops he has at the end of a game.I know he has had a few of those.Its funny homw people blame there best player.I mean thats why he's blamed.The same reason why Roy Williams made the Pro Bowl.He's name its all about his name.We heard it so much last year.That everyone expects him to win every game for us.

Its sad isnt it?A couple of bad games and people are ready to through in the towel on him.Lets not pick on him , we should pick on the entire defense.

I seem to remember him making plays last year during the stretch run. The Eagles and Bucs games ceratainly come to mind. ST has made huge plays his entire career as a Redskin. This year has obviously hasn't been his best season, maybe because of lack of talent or maybe because he has degressed. No offense, But to say he has never been a playmaker is just stupid.

Nice to see another Redskins fan not buy into the hype machine. :)

Skins fans are the worst when it comes to loyalty to their drafted players. Even undrafted free agents.

The only player that comes to my mind that doesn't seem to have any strong backers - which is surprising - appears to be Carlos Rogers.

You must not watch football very much there are more than just Skins fans that like ST.A lot of people think he's a good safety.He would be a lot better with some help.Here's a link for you why dont you read it.This isn't a Skins fan that rights this.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9880714

Sean Taylor, FS, Redskins: Cowboys safety Roy Williams has no business on this team, even though he's a strong safety and Taylor a free safety. Williams can't cover at all. Taylor is not only a big hitter, but he has range. There should be one strong safety (Adrian Wilson) and two free safeties (Taylor and Brian Dawkins).

Archived