Fill In The Blanks: 'skins Roster 2007

DWARF-HOG

OFFENSE

QB- JC NO QUESTION COLLINS BACKUP BYE BYE BRUNELL

HB- CP SORRY TO THOSE FANS WHO WANT TO TRADE CP. BETTS BACKUP

FB- SELLERS NO QUESTION

WR - S.MOSS NO QUESTION

WR- ? I PREFER RANDLE EL OVER LLOYD

TE- COOLEY NO DOUBT, BUT WHO THE BACKUP?

T- SAMUELS ONLY PRO BOWLER NO DOUBT

T- WADE BYE BYE JANSEN (SORRY!)

G- THOMAS NEED BACKUP

G- DOCKERY NEED TO BE RESIGNED. NEED BACKUP

C- ? DON'T TRUST RASBACH

SPECIAL TEAMS

K- SUSHIN ??????????

P- FROST ??????????

DEFENSE

DE- AC COMING ON STRONG AS OF LATE.

DE- ? DANIELS ON 1ST AND 2ND DOWNS ADAMS OF CLEMSON OR WOODLEY OF U. OF MICH. ON PASSING DOWNS

DT- GRIFFIN A POSSIBLE CHOICE NEED BACKUP. EYE ON MONTGOMERY

DT- GOLSTEN BRANCH OF U. OF MICH. BE A NICE PICK IF ADAMS OR WOODLEY ARE GONE.

OLB- ROCKY MC BYE BYE HOLDMAN

MLB- M. WASHINGTON MARSHALL TO BENCH

OLB- ??? DRAFTING WOODLEY OR SIGN FA LIKE CATO JUNE???????

CB- ???? DRAFT HALL OF MICH. SIGN FA LIKE SAMUELS OR CLEMENTS

CB- ROGERS? WHO ELSE DO WE HAVE?

S- ST I KNOW HE LOOKED CRAPPY AGAINST THE RAMS BUT WHO DIDN'T?

S- SPRINGS NEED BACKUP MAYBE CLARK. BYE BYE AA

HC- GIBBS DESERVE ANOTHER SHOT TO FIX THINGS

OC- SAUNDERS JC NEEDS TO LEARN FROM 1 SYSTEM

DC- WILLIAMS GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE TO FIX THIS DEE.

GM- ??????? PLEASE HELP! BYE BYE VINNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS ALWAYS :notworthy TO THE :helmet:

this list seems a little too unrealistic for me to help you fill in the blanks...

Brunell will be back for veteran leadership purposes for JC

Bye Bye Jansen? Right. Wade will still be the #1 backup tackle.

Marcus Washington is not an MLB, he is our best LB at coverage so he will stay outside, while I agree Rocky will take over Holdman. I can't see someone replacing Marshall. However I would like to see Marshall move back outside and put Rocky at MLB.

Dont trust Rabach? What the hell does that mean?

You butchered Suisham.

We will probably overpay for Nate Clements in FA to replace Springs at CB and hopefully draft a DL to compete with Daniels for a starting job...

Here's the problem with the Oline.

For two seasons in a row they've played mediocre to lousy for the first 8 to 10 games of the season and then "turn it on" for the last month and a half.

Prior to the turnaround, I too wanted Jansen and Rabach gone and Dockery not resigned and have the whole mess redone with Samuels and Thomas as our cornerstones. Now I'm afraid to break up this group because I want to believe that this is the real deal. Yet they did this same thing last year and still had a poor 2006 until mid November or so.

We have a ton of money invested in our starting Oline (more money on the way if we are to resign Dockery). It's scary to have that much money in a line where 3 of the starters are in their 30's (to be fair, early 30's) and they have yet to have a truly outstanding season. Just outstanding stretches of season.

As for the rest of the list.

I think Washington should stay outside.

I think Marshall can (and has done) do the job in the middle, he just needs better players around him.

I think Daniels should go too. I think if you take away his fluke game against that scub 3rd string Cowboy LT last year, he's been largely invisible his 3 seasons in DC. He won't be missed. Oh and before someone mentions "leadership", he's not being paid to be a "leader", he's paid to rush the passer and he's failed at doing that except when he's faced scrub players.

I agree that Holdman can't be gotten rid of soon enough.

The most interesting moves will come in the secondary. I'm very curious to see if you're right and that they actually try Shawn Springs at safety.

Overall, pretty good list.

Here's the problem with the Oline.

For two seasons in a row they've played mediocre to lousy for the first 8 to 10 games of the season and then "turn it on" for the last month and a half.

Prior to the turnaround, I too wanted Jansen and Rabach gone and Dockery not resigned and have the whole mess redone with Samuels and Thomas as our cornerstones. Now I'm afraid to break up this group because I want to believe that this is the real deal. Yet they did this same thing last year and still had a poor 2006 until mid November or so.

We have a ton of money invested in our starting Oline (more money on the way if we are to resign Dockery). It's scary to have that much money in a line where 3 of the starters are in their 30's (to be fair, early 30's) and they have yet to have a truly outstanding season. Just outstanding stretches of season.

As for the rest of the list.

I think Washington should stay outside.

I think Marshall can (and has done) do the job in the middle, he just needs better players around him.

I think Daniels should go too. I think if you take away his fluke game against that scub 3rd string Cowboy LT last year, he's been largely invisible his 3 seasons in DC. He won't be missed. Oh and before someone mentions "leadership", he's not being paid to be a "leader", he's paid to rush the passer and he's failed at doing that except when he's faced scrub players.

I agree that Holdman can't be gotten rid of soon enough.

The most interesting moves will come in the secondary. I'm very curious to see if you're right and that they actually try Shawn Springs at safety.

Overall, pretty good list.

Don't DE's also get paid to stop the run? I don't know enough to say if he does this well, but I would guess yes.

This is kind of random, but has anyone heard how Chris Clemons (sp?) is rehabbing? Is he still with the team (i.e. IR)? What are people's impressions of him?

OFFENSE

QB- Jason Campbell > Brunell > Collins

HB- Portis > Betts > Rock

FB- SELLERS > NEMO

WR - S.MOSS > Lloyd > Randle El > Espy?...Lloyd will get another shot

TE- COOLEY > Koslowksi....maybe a late draft pick

LT- Samuels

LG- Dockery

C- Rabach

RG- Randy Thomas

RT- Jansen > Wade

O-line..will see some FA or Draft

SPECIAL TEAMS

K- Suisham...competition will be brought in but so far so good

P- FROST

DEFENSE

DE- Andre Carter

DE- FA or Draft

DT- Griffin

DT- Golston

OLB- ROCKY

MLB- M. WASHINGTON

OLB- Marshall FA or Draft

CB- Clements

CB- ROGERS > Wright

S- Sean Taylor

S- SPRINGS > Prioleau

HC- GIBBS

OC- SAUNDERS

DC- WILLIAMS

GM- ???????

We def need to resign Dockery and Cooley. I like the idea of signing a FA at CB because we can draft a DE and a safety. has anyone read about the safety coming out of LSU?? if we put springs back at safety then our secondary will be set (Springs Praleau, Sean Teezy, Fox).

Draft......1) LeMarr Woodley (6-4 275) this guy is ranked 4 in the DE draft prospects out of Michigan prospects but Gaines from Clemson is undersized and we dont need 2 undersized DE...(Andre Carter is undersized as well)

we can def put something together to have a strong showing in 07'

Don't DE's also get paid to stop the run? I don't know enough to say if he does this well, but I would guess yes.

This is kind of random, but has anyone heard how Chris Clemons (sp?) is rehabbing? Is he still with the team (i.e. IR)? What are people's impressions of him?

Yes, but that was Renaldo Wynn's job.

Daniels was brought in (or so we were told) to rush the passer.

He's making way too much money for a run stuffer (and frankly is he really that good at it?) and he's getting too old for anyone to think that he's going to "turn it around" next year.

That said, don't get me wrong I'm not saying "get rid of him at any cost" like he's Warrick Holdman or something. If he stays, that's fine I guess, but I think we should be looking for an upgrade at his position.

2007 Washington Redskins Roster

QB- Jason Campbell, Mark Brunell(if he takes a pay cut), Todd Collins

RB- Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts, TJ Duckett, Rock Cartwright

FB- Mike Sellers, Nemo Broughton

WR- Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El, Mike Espy

WR- Brandon Lloyd, James Thrash

TE- Chris Cooley, Todd Yoder

LT- Chris Samuels, Jim Molinaro

LG- Derrick Dockery, Calvin Armstrong

C- Casey Rabach, Mike Pucillo

RG- Randy Thomas, draft someone or FA

RT- Jon Jansen, Todd Wade

LE- Philip Daniels, Renaldo Wynn

DT- Corneilius Griffin, Kedric Golston

DT- Alan Branch, Joe Salave'a

RE- Andre Carter, Demetric Evans

LOLB- Marcus Washington, Jeff Posey

MLB- Lemar Marshall, Khary Campbell

ROLB- Rocky McIntosh, Chris Clemons

CB- Carlos Rogers, Kenny Wright

CB- Free agent, Ade Jimoh, draft or FA

FS- Sean Taylor, Vernon Fox

SS- Shawn Springs,Troy Vincent, Pierson Prieleau

K- Shaun Suisham

P- Derrick Frost

LS- Ethan Albright

Here is my roster management depth chart for 2007

---------------------------------------------------

QB=Jason Campbell,Kurt Warner(will be released by AZ),Todd Collins

RB=Portis,Betts,Duckett (hope he re-signs),Cartwright

FB=Sellers

WR=Moss,Lloyd,Randel El,Espy or Thrash,5th,6th or 7th round WR(just 1)

TE=Cooley,Yoder,Free Agent

Off-line=Starters should remain the same

(if there is a change it will be Jansens future with the team as well as Todd wade maybe being his replacement)

DE=Carter

DE=1st round draft pick

DT=Cornelius

DT=Golsten or a possible free agent who is better?

(Wynn should be released)Daniels could be kept as a backup pass rusher for depth

LB=Washington ILB

Rocky ROLB

Marshall LOLB

(would like to see us use a late rounder for another LB...)

CB=Clements,Rogers,Free agent,Jimoh,Late round draft pick

FS=Taylor,Fox

SS=Springs,Vincent

K="Sqeezem"

P=Frosty

Archived