Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which current Redskins players can compare to Gilbert Arenas?

SkinsTight

Gilbert Arenas is just tearing it up like no one's business. It makes me glad in this time of need that we have some one like Arenas representing the DC/Metro area. I wish and hope Jason Campbell or Clinton Portis can be those type of figures in this area in the near future. Go skins love you til i die ...go wizardsssss, you making things a little more fun since football season is pretty much over for me.

If you fellow Redskins fans want a winner to cheer we have plenty of room on the Wizards bandwagon. Yes I know the NBA sucks, and I agree, but the Wizards are fun to watch. Not like the rest of the NBA.

Arenas is a top 5 player period and a MVP award this year is becoming a very real possibility.

Gilbert = No one on the Skins

Caron = Sellers (the toughest SOBs in DC; total team players)

Jamison = Randle El (two unconventional players)

Haywood = Dockery (2 guys drafted by the DC organizations who are just realizing their potential)

Stevenson = Marcus Washington (2 underrated players who are defenders)

Daniels = Daniels (2 old team leaders)

Hayes = Kenny Wright (hurt the team more than they help it)

Ruffin (as a PF) = Salavea (their impacts are not quite realized)

Ruffin (as a C) = Holdman (gets playing time over a better player for some reason)

Blatche = Rogers (2 guys we are hoping will become stars)

Booth = Demetric Evans (2 cheap players who contribute if given playing time)

Etan = Lloyd (care a lot about their arts)

Donnell Taylor = Reed Doughty (2 young late-round or undrafted guys who are 3rd stringers)

Darius Songaila = Pierson Prioleau (have been hurt the whole season; were slated to play important roles)

I'm not going to bother coming up with comparisons for Roger Mason

None of them. Gilbert can put up 60 points, but I don't see Clinton putting up 250 yds, Jason throwing 5 tds, Cooley scoring tds, Santana proved to be the closest with that game against Jacksonville.

Santanas had a couple 3-td games here. He's the only one who can actually dominate a game single-handedly on the Skins roster, and he has done it a few times even when he only has 2 tds or just one.

Nice list method man, although I would go with Rocky as the comparison for Blatche because neither have played much. And I do think Portis is our Gilbert. Star quality, and also outgoing and outspoken. I jsut wish Clinton had Gilbert's durability (then again, GA isnt getting pummeled by 200-300 lb men every time he touches the ball.

I think it's Sean Taylor.

He had an off year this year, but Arenas has gone through bad slumps before also. We know they're both talented, but without a cast of players that they gel with, they CAN look sloppy. Right now, Arenas is lights-out. We saw this from Sean at the end of the year last year. Give Sean a fast, competent defense, and you'll be seeing him become a star in Washington.

Portis is great and I love him but na. ST is my favorite player on the Skins but again, na. Arenas is the biggest superstar we've had in this town in my 23 years. I can't think of one person who even begins to approach him. (I'm not couting Ovechkin since I, and most, don't really follow hockey.)

top ten: excluding tiki and rookies

LT

LJ

S.Alexander

Portis

W.Parker

S.Jackson

F.Gore

W.Mcgahee

Edge

K. Jones

Kevin Jones??? McGahee? I know Jones had a decent season this year but that still does not make him a top 10 back. McGahee has had one top 10-level season and that was 2 seasons ago. I would definitely place Brian Westbrook, Rudi Johnson, and Domanick Davis over them.

Archived